PDA

View Full Version : Should the game be announced at E3 2010?

supasaba
13th Jan 2010, 13:22
I was just thinking when the perfect time to announce the new game should be and couldn't think of a better date then at E3 2010. Thoughts?

tombraidergal
13th Jan 2010, 15:18
hmmm... there are a lot of threads on this but i think fourth quarter would be great in 2010. News anyway. then the game could come out summer 2011. that means, 3 years since underworld and it had better be gooooood!

Ants_27_
13th Jan 2010, 15:33
I personally don't think it should be at e3 2010 just for the fact that the longer the better, at least it should be.

As long as it doesn't come out this year because I have limited myself to three games this year and I have already got four that have sparked my interest! :lol:

Them being, Heavy Rain, God of War, Agent and Red Dead Redemption.

AdobeArtist
13th Jan 2010, 15:44
I personally don't think it should be at e3 2010 just for the fact that the longer the better, at least it should be.

As long as it doesn't come out this year because I have limited myself to three games this year and I have already got four that have sparked my interest! :lol:

Them being, Heavy Rain, God of War, Agent and Red Dead Redemption.

I'd also like they take there time on development this time around. So even if they only drop a teaser announcement at E3, for the game to arrive in the holiday season of 2011 (Sep-Nov), that should be fine, without making us wait TOO long (like GT fans... sorry couldn't resist :rasp: )

And you should see my want list for this year.

Mass Effect 2 CE
Splinter Cell Conviction
Beyonetta
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Halo Reach
Alan Wake
Force Unleashed 2
Bioshock 2

Plus there's going to be Dragon Age DLC in Apr. Of all that, I can only be certain of ME2, Castlevania, and Halo Reach being picked up on Day 1. I'm still backlogged for Tekken 6, SF4, Burnout Paradise, Fallout 3, and Modern Warfare 2. My wallet cries this year :( :(

jayjay119
13th Jan 2010, 18:34
I'd also like they take there time on development this time around. So even if they only drop a teaser announcement at E3, for the game to arrive in the holiday season of 2011 (Sep-Nov), that should be fine, without making us wait TOO long (like GT fans... sorry couldn't resist :rasp: )

Exactly, last year Kojima productions showed a trailer for Metal Gear Solid: Rising. It showed nothing but the 'supposed' main character and the name of the game but at least we knew it was in production. CD could do the same thing and E3 is always the best place to make sure you get good coverage of a new title, the whole world follows it.

AdobeArtist
13th Jan 2010, 19:50
Exactly, last year Kojima productions showed a trailer for Metal Gear Solid: Rising. It showed nothing but the 'supposed' main character and the name of the game but at least we knew it was in production. CD could do the same thing and E3 is always the best place to make sure you get good coverage of a new title, the whole world follows it.

Oh and just make sure Allison Caroll is there to make the announcement too :D:D:D

TRA_Abomination
16th Jan 2010, 20:27
Yes!!!

josh1122
16th Jan 2010, 23:41
Tomb Raider isnt big enough for E3 in my opinion

Ants_27_
16th Jan 2010, 23:48

That could be true I suppose. I mean It's possible for it to be at E3 yet will it get put on stage during the main conferences (Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft) I'm not as sure.

But who's to know?

jayjay119
17th Jan 2010, 00:07

As long as it is a game it is big enough to be announced at E3 and regardless of sales TR as a series is still very well known.

Rachie
17th Jan 2010, 00:08
No, give them time to fine tune things first! If we want them to release a complete game, you don't want to pressure them into a sudden deadline. Especially one so soon. Announcing it at E3 will do just that.

Take your time guys, take your time.

jayjay119
17th Jan 2010, 00:15
I think you are confusing announcing with releasing. The time a which they announce the game bears no importance on when it is released or how long it takes for it to be developed thy could just show a CGI trailer showing the new Lara model and announcing the official name of the game.

tombraider1best
17th Jan 2010, 00:16
Yahhhh (ppsssst whats E3, is it like E4?)

jayjay119
17th Jan 2010, 01:01
Yahhhh (ppsssst whats E3, is it like E4?)

E3, it stands for Electronic Entertainment Expo... heres the basic wiki definition

The Electronic Entertainment Expo, commonly known as E3, is an annual trade show for the computer and video games industry presented by the Entertainment Software Association (ESA). It is used by many video game developers to show off their upcoming games and game-related hardware.

Basically it is the place to be in terms of games coverage. It is one of the biggest , if not the biggest expo in the world. If you want the best coverage of your new title you go to E3.

AdobeArtist
17th Jan 2010, 06:20

If that is true, it's just a sign that Eidos/Square and CD needs to step up their game. It's up to them to make the game big enough for E3. The games that get the most press there, are the ones that are not only marketed well (by the publishers), but also have something to show for it to back up the hype (by the developers), as to earn the excitement of the media, which in turn generates buzz.

So, who's up for an expedition to Square's head office, to kick their heinies into high gear? ;) :rasp:

pinpal
17th Jan 2010, 06:35

sigh' you would say something to ruin the moment:hmm: you really think tomb raider is that bad that it shouldn't be at E3.SAD.

supasaba
18th Jan 2010, 13:11
Tomb Raider is MORE than good enough for E3. The name alone sparks interest and now with Square Enix taking the reigns and a presumed reboot to the franchise in the works, it will provide the perfect opportunity for Tomb Raider to get the recognition it deserves. I really do get the feeling that this Tomb Raider will not only be one of the best if not THE BEST game in the series but spark the franchises popularity to its prime once again. :D

qwerty
18th Jan 2010, 13:26
E3 would be a fine moment i guess....but well this year we will be getting masterpieces and tr will have a lot to compete against...

my wish list: heavy rain,last guardian,gow3(even though i m not impressed so far),starcraft 2,dragon age awakening,FF13(even though people say it sux i think its gonna rock), and of course the ultimate game:MASS EFFECT 2

Danielsun_
18th Jan 2010, 13:51
true there are a lot of masterpiece's coming out this year no doubt about that

but i reckon if they put all the time and effort that need to put into it they truly can make it an amazing game, TR has soo much potential it just hasn't all been put to good use yet, i think TR:U is a glimps of it, interactive environments, very good graphics, gameplay i found very fluid, etc

if they did announce it at E3 probably a 30 second CGI just to tease and make you want to ask for more,

but i really hope they put alot of time and effort into the next one, make a bigger game, more replayability (one of the things TR:U lacked :( )

i believe if they take they time they can make a purely epic game the teams have that potential :D

jayjay119
18th Jan 2010, 17:24
E3 would be a fine moment i guess....but well this year we will be getting masterpieces and tr will have a lot to compete against...

I mean no disrespect but this excuse is rediculous and wearing thin now. This excuse was used when TRU was released, people saying it wouldn't do too well against the 'masterpieces' coming out at that time, half of which seem to have sank into obscurity. There is always going to be some masterpiece or another that TR will have to contend with, if it continually refused to release a game because of other masterpieces we would never see a new one. TR is big enough to go head to head with any of the games being announced at E3 this year, like I said an Announcement isn't a release.

but i reckon if they put all the time and effort that need to put into it they truly can make it an amazing game, TR has soo much potential it just hasn't all been put to good use yet, i think TR:U is a glimps of it, interactive environments, very good graphics, gameplay i found very fluid, etc

if they did announce it at E3 probably a 30 second CGI just to tease and make you want to ask for more,

but i really hope they put alot of time and effort into the next one, make a bigger game, more replayability (one of the things TR:U lacked :( )

i believe if they take they time they can make a purely epic game the teams have that potential :D

Agreed 100%

AdobeArtist
18th Jan 2010, 20:36

And with the M rating, much more of that potential can be realized :thumb:

redragon7324
19th Jan 2010, 02:27
no it shouldnt, remember when they last did that for underworld? that was a mistake game in my opinion.

Brodie
19th Jan 2010, 08:01
I definitely think they should Announce the new game by the end of the year. They don't have to announce a release date or anything. Resident Evil 5 was announced in 2005, the first trailer released in 2007, and the actual game released in 2009. You can announce a game and still take your time developing it.

josh1122
20th Jan 2010, 18:09
sigh' you would say something to ruin the moment:hmm: you really think tomb raider is that bad that it shouldn't be at E3.SAD.

It's true, honestly no one besides current fans would pay it any mind at all. With all the other games that would be announced at E3, you honestly think people are going to be like ''holy crap a new TR'' besides us?,very doubtful.

I don't like to say it anymore than one else but honestly with the way this franchise gets bashed by outside of the fanbase,no one would care if it was announced at E3.

The best that could happen for a TR game would be to get a stage show at E3 like they do a lot of games,segment where the developers play the game and talk about it

but thats a little early, I think they should spend a few years on the next TR, I think june would be too early to show something(major game play)

Jason Miller
20th Jan 2010, 18:53

I agree

redragon7324
21st Jan 2010, 02:29
I definitely think they should Announce the new game by the end of the year. They don't have to announce a release date or anything. Resident Evil 5 was announced in 2005, the first trailer released in 2007, and the actual game released in 2009. You can announce a game and still take your time developing it.

And yet I have never played a resident evil game to this day, and never plan to. They dont look as fun as left 4 dead

jayjay119
21st Jan 2010, 03:29
And yet I have never played a resident evil game to this day, and never plan to. They dont look as fun as left 4 dead

and that bears any relevance to the fact the game can be announced and released much later how?

redragon7324
22nd Jan 2010, 03:12
and that bears any relevance to the fact the game can be announced and released much later how?

that the fact that as many people wont play it if they decide to throw out trailers and screenshots, and release the date 4 years later

Brodie
22nd Jan 2010, 03:24
Actually, to my knowledge, RE5 has sold the most units of any RE game. That would make you wrong.

jayjay119
22nd Jan 2010, 03:40
Actually, to my knowledge, RE5 has sold the most units of any RE game. That would make you wrong.

In the UK it was, regardless games like Resi 5 (which has sold over 5 million units) and Metal Gear Solid 4 (which sold 4.75 million units) both were announced some 3-4 years before its release and sold signigicantly more than TRU which was announced and released within a year.

LC is Me
22nd Jan 2010, 20:32
No.
Definitely not, in my opinion.
It'll feel like they are STILL rushing things...
I'd say wait until they have a feel for what they are trying to do with the game and are well equipped to get these tasks done to announce anything anywhere [let alone, at E3] before getting our hopes up.

The way I see it, TRU basically just came out only a year ago....It'll seem like they are pulling an "EA"...

Pulse
23rd Jan 2010, 21:40
At the most a 30-45 second teaser. But at least a name and logo.

_Love2Raid_
24th Jan 2010, 01:00
Yes, totally. Seems like the right moment. It won't mean they'll rush things, there can be years between announcement and release of a game (Alan Wake for example). $quare €nix is in charge now, I doubt they will release something unfinished. And who knows how long they have been working on it? I have a very strong feeling we will hear more of the game this year. :)