PDA

View Full Version : Kane and Lynch: Deadmen Errors

Clamps
8th Jan 2010, 21:11
K&L2 Looks pretty promising, but i swear to god if this game has the laundry list of problems K&L did, im going to go jump off a cliff. Love the game, hate the dev feedback on problems.

One of Seven
8th Jan 2010, 21:13
Well they made a completely new engine so hopefully those problems will be fixed.

Clamps
8th Jan 2010, 21:41
Thank ******* god, hopefully their netcode is a little better this time also, I just got done with 3 multiplayer games back to back, and only 1 stayed connected for more then 1 minute.

UhUh
8th Jan 2010, 23:33
Well they made a completely new engine so hopefully those problems will be fixed.

Is this true?
doesn't look that much different from the screens.

One of Seven
8th Jan 2010, 23:44
Is this true?
doesn't look that much different from the screens.

That's what I've read and been told, I do think there's a difference in the screens though. Kane and Lynch's character models were the most "detailed" in the first game, your enemies on the other hand were somewhat bland. It looks like the AI have been payed more attention to this time around, and the screenshot of the men at the airport/subway is a pretty good example.

Kent-45
8th Jan 2010, 23:44
pretty sure it's the glacier engine, unless someone has heard something I haven't.

Bevacur
8th Jan 2010, 23:48
There seemes to be a lens flare when guns are fired which looks real nice.
http://www.deadmen.ru/games/kl2/screens/04.jpg

I also heard they are using the same engine just highly modified or something.

One of Seven
8th Jan 2010, 23:50
There seemes to be a lens flare when guns are fired which looks real nice.
http://www.deadmen.ru/games/kl2/screens/04.jpg

I also heard they are using the same engine just highly modified or something.

Yeah it's a nice effect, it makes the muzzle flare look a lot better compared to a lot other game's firey muzzle flare effect.

GrievousOdyssey
9th Jan 2010, 02:10
Am i the only one who thought the topic's title was misleading or what ? ...

Clamps
9th Jan 2010, 04:54
Sorry if topic was misleading, im 10 shots in and drunk as ****.

GrievousOdyssey
9th Jan 2010, 10:37
It's alright , just that i thought you were going to talk about your game being broken beyond belief , lol ...

Clamps
10th Jan 2010, 18:14
Every other persons Kane and Lynch is broken to the point that they want to throw themselves in a vat of acid, it would be selfish of me to take up a whole thread to ***** about my problems ^_^

Unpaid Intern
10th Jan 2010, 23:27
I thought this thread was about amusing technical or logic errors spotted ingame :)

ex: I was playing Freedom Fighters a little this morning and in the first level, in the hallway right outside Isabella's apt., you encounter a russian soldier roughing up some civvies he has standing up against a wall. After you knock him silly with your monkey wrench, one of the guys says 'Thanks!' and proceeds to pull a magnum from his jacket. Maybe he could have used that to defend himself before you came to 'rescue' him with the ..um.. wrench!

can't think of any ex from Dead Men at the moment... :scratch:

Bevacur
10th Jan 2010, 23:46
They need to fix the music. On the level where Kane tries to make a deal with Retomoto in the pagodon? (or something). The music is really quiet, infact i didnt notice it untill i turned the sound effects and background sound down.

On some levels the music does not even start.

GrievousOdyssey
11th Jan 2010, 17:48
I thought this thread was about amusing technical or logic errors spotted ingame :)

ex: I was playing Freedom Fighters a little this morning and in the first level, in the hallway right outside Isabella's apt., you encounter a russian soldier roughing up some civvies he has standing up against a wall. After you knock him silly with your monkey wrench, one of the guys says 'Thanks!' and proceeds to pull a magnum from his jacket. Maybe he could have used that to defend himself before you came to 'rescue' him with the ..um.. wrench!

can't think of any ex from Dead Men at the moment... :scratch:

I'm taking you never played Freedom Fighters before , yes ? ...

Unpaid Intern
12th Jan 2010, 00:05
LOL how dare you! I completed it ages ago but I still play it when the mood strikes me.