PDA

View Full Version : Joker DLC for PC?

hk2hal
8th Jan 2010, 20:03
Seeing how there will be a new game soon, does that mean that the exclusive JOKER DLC will be available by then?

So far all I had with my Walmart copy was the armored suit unlocked and 1 DLC map.

I'd expected much more from the DLC on PC, especially since the DLC on the PS3 is free and has many maps and challenge maps.

Also I'm a bit dissapointed in the PS3 version saying you can play as Joker, but yet it's only on challenge maps, I bought the PS3 version for this reason.

I was hoping you could play the game from the Joker's point of view, which would have increased it's playability, granted it would have been double the work for the developers but it would have been a nice twist.

I feel I was mislead about "playing as the Joker" since that is how it was advertised! :mad2:

I understand that there is a legal promise to Playstation for the exclusivity of having the Joker for that platform, but those rights should have time limits, not be in purpetuity. :(

Truthfully I feel the developers should come out with a expansion pack for the first version right before the release of the second game, call it a "INCENTIVE PACK" :D

And since it would let us play the ENTIRE game as the Joker it wouldn't break the terms of the agreement with Playstation.

Hello? EIDOS you listening? :flowers:

NinjaDuckie
10th Jan 2010, 20:35
You're already wrong for a start - the Joker challenge DLC comes built into the Batman main files. I was looking through the files for scarecrow's dialogue today using an unpacker I found on another site, and contained in the BmGame.u file in C:\Program Files\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\BmGame\CookedPC are several folders including:

"RPawnPlayerChallengeJokerBase"
which contains details like the script for calculating wind flow around Joker's jacket tails, the script that plays his footstep noises, the constraint details, etc,
"RJokerBomb"
"RJokerBombTeeth"
"RJokerGlassesGadgetBase"
and "RJokerThrownWeapons".

I want to know EXACTLY how and why these are in the PC version when I thought there was an exclusivity deal for the PS3?

(I don't know how to 'unlock' the content, sorry.)

theman498
10th Jan 2010, 21:17
I have seen those files before but i thought they were used to play the part where you play as joker for the scarecrow mission.

big_gun
10th Jan 2010, 23:53
You know, if we have people that are pretty good with the PS3, we could compare what is on the ps3 to what is on the PC version, and copy stuff over, and possibly have the dlc for ps3 on the pc.

theman498
11th Jan 2010, 01:36
That's breaking the deal they have with Sony. It's like a law.

NinjaDuckie
11th Jan 2010, 09:22
Then what is the content doing in the folders to start with? Plain laziness? Just copying everything from the PS3 version and not being bothered to go through it and delete the content?

By the way, I don't think it is just for the scarecrow sequence. Sure the one for the wind resistance against the joker's tailcoat might be, but come on. "GlassesGadgetBase"? In the PS3 trailer Joker puts on some glasses that have the same effect as Batman's detective mode, and in the folder there are scripts that effect HUD changes - like Batman's detective mode. It's clearly player content.

Not to mention the subfolders marked "Player".

hugooo321
28th Oct 2011, 16:44
:lmao:I can download the PS3 DLC on torrentz and use it for PC!:D:D:D

voldo2006
15th Nov 2011, 21:02
I think what happen was that the "Play as the Joker" was originally suppose to be for all versions....PC, xbox360, ps3. PS3 most likely went to them with an offer about only having the Joker contain playable for PS3, dropped them or promise a % of cash. I know the Joker contain is in the Batman Arkham Asylum PC disk. All his animations, counters,attacks....weapons. I've seen the files and watched the animation. Even in the Defaultgame.ini list the Joker maps. I think it was a last minute deal so for those hoping to play as the Joker....better hope that the deal wasn't a permanent contract (I'm sure it was) if it was then you'll never see the joker content release for any other system.

voldo2006
5th Feb 2012, 08:06
:lmao:I can download the PS3 DLC on torrentz and use it for PC!:D:D:D

Found out the Joker Files are also include with the BAA MAC version....I got it to work with the PC version.