PDA

View Full Version : what happened to the ATI/AA patch?

TitusTroy
7th Jan 2010, 10:02
I thought ATI and Eidos were working on a new patch that allowed AA (anti-aliasing) to be enabled for those with ATI cards...what happened to this?...right now only Nvidia card owners get the AA option in-game...I recently bought a new ATI 5870 card and would love to enable AA...anybody know anything about this or did Eidos just drop this in favor of working on the Arkham Asylum sequel?

theman498
7th Jan 2010, 17:46
Eidos got dropped in creating the sequel. It seems that Warner Bros wants to do it with rock steady. For the patch maybe some people forgot. I am really not sure what happened. I own a Nvidia card and i don't turn on AA it just slows down my computer but i think the graphics are awesome with Physx. All the added effects like smoke are awesome.

homeycdawg
9th Jan 2010, 22:58
I thought ATI and Eidos were working on a new patch that allowed AA (anti-aliasing) to be enabled for those with ATI cards...what happened to this?...right now only Nvidia card owners get the AA option in-game...I recently bought a new ATI 5870 card and would love to enable AA...anybody know anything about this or did Eidos just drop this in favor of working on the Arkham Asylum sequel?

TBH I don't think Eidos had any intention of post game support. The DLC and the 1.1 patch were made before the game was released. Notice that even the forums still say "The upcoming Batman game".

As great as this game is, it's also a textbook example of the "get it on the market so we can make money and put it behind us" mentality that is so prevalent in publishers these days.