PDA

View Full Version : What features would you like in Kane and Lynch: Dog Days?

Unhostile
7th Jan 2010, 02:00
What features would you like to be available in the upcoming title, Kane and Lynch: Dog days?

Hopefully the team will read the thread and can take some ideas into consideration.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jan 2010, 02:04
A End Credits that doesn't loop the main menu theme for five minutes ...

That's all i can think of right now , the rest of gameplay is all up to IO ...

TheMoD
7th Jan 2010, 02:19
I'd love to see a level where youre not running around with a gun in your hand, you could for example just be walking around somewhere and looking at all the stuff that happens around you and maybe listen to kane and lynch have a conversation while doing that. Similar to the beginning of the mizuki level in dead men. things like that would make the game feel much more real i think

Kent-45
7th Jan 2010, 04:30
The two big things I'd like to see them really do well in this game are by far: Fragile Alliance and online co-op... these are the big things that will determine if people play this game for years to come. If you fail on those two levels, it's gonna be really hard from keeping this game from dying out like Kane & Lynch did.

just my .02

One of Seven
7th Jan 2010, 07:38
Save people's stats when they quit a FA game, and once you've beaten the game with Lynch you could play as Kane too.

Nick@IO
7th Jan 2010, 07:45
The two big things I'd like to see them really do well in this game are by far: Fragile Alliance and online co-op... these are the big things that will determine if people play this game for years to come. If you fail on those two levels, it's gonna be really hard from keeping this game from dying out like Kane & Lynch did.

just my .02

Sweet, because the team has nailed those two for sure :)

One of Seven
7th Jan 2010, 07:59
Hey Nick, do you and other devs play the current Fragile Alliance on the 360 version of Kane and Lynch?

Nick@IO
7th Jan 2010, 09:48
I don't but that's because I suck at multiplayer games. The team is waaaay to busy to play anything, I think, though they are obviously testing the new version of FA extensively. I'll try to ask.

Bevacur
7th Jan 2010, 13:40
A cgi film at the beginning of Dog Days which actually show Kane and Lynch having a conversation without killing people, shooting others or saying ***** in every sentence. Just a normal conversation say like Kane asks why Lynch why would he get himself in so much ***** that threatens his life and his gf's life plus he also asks if he still remembers what happened to Kane's family if he is not carefull.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jan 2010, 16:51
A quiet , deep , real conversation over a drink at a bar that is still stuck in the thirties or eighties , somewhere halfway throughout the game acting as some sort of a pause after a heavy intensive shootout ...

Yeah , why not ...

Oh and , on topic : give the 'blindfire' some sort of a usefulness would be cool ... no ? ...

Bevacur
7th Jan 2010, 22:13
Epic shootouts! Kane and Lynch run into a cinema for shelter and accidently run into a a film room where loads of civilians are already watching a film.

A firefight in a Aquarium, all you can literally see if fish tanks bursting, civlians frantically trying to escape, tunnels inside massive tanks with sharks and dolphins collapsing.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1222/544118481_f934ae644a.jpg?v=0

A shootout during a Chinese festival? Kane has just arrived and meets Lynch with his gf enjoying a Chinese festival. Dancers in dragon suits, Falme dancers or what ever they are, hundreds of civilians, fireworks and festive music. Of course this gets ruined when a Yakuza gang recognise Lynch and attempt to capture ahim and kill Kane and Lynch's gf.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-02/08/xin_0120206081244390299199.jpg

A run away scene. Kane and Lynch have no guns and just escaped the Chinese festival barely with their lives and now they are running through a a massive out-door shopping centre filled with loads of neon signs, yes civilians lol, loads of shops, taxi's and monorails above the centre.
http://www.xconomy.com/wordpress/wp-content/images/2008/12/shanghai-night.jpg

BeardedHoplite
12th Jan 2010, 00:09
I want character customization in FA, just because I'm a sucker for that stuff

JackGordon
19th Jan 2010, 12:19
I'd like a lobby for Fragile Alliance, so that I can send an invite and play with friends. I'm thinking of the Gears of War 2 lobby, which is very easy to use.

Also, I was thinking of a Fragile Alliance 'versus' mode: two teams spawn at opposite points on a map and need to confront each other and bots (cops/soldiers/etc) in order to grab the loot. If someone gets killed - goes for both teams - they spawn as cops/soldiers/whatever to try to eliminate mercs of both teams. Now that would be a very challenging experience, I think.

Falkenwut
19th Jan 2010, 14:35
Dev diaries, Trailers, a mini game maybe :P, and if possible a teaser for the upcoming game... Hopefully hitman *whisltes*

Squido
19th Jan 2010, 23:27
More urban environments, That's where these games belong, unpolished jungle missions almost ruined K&L: Dead men...

K&L Dead Men was rushed, you can see it after Retomoto Tower mission in Quality of the graphics and animations not to mention the unsatisfying ending. It also felt like a mod for Hitman: Blood money :P

I'm sure they do it right this time!

Zidrien
9th Mar 2010, 10:37
My three features:

1. A system for FA to prevent people from boosting, like the Matchmaking in Halo 3.

2. To help stop people from boosting and cheating, perhaps introducing a system where players will suffer a penalty if they allow traitors to escape in FA.

3. Finally, a rewards system like this for FA: A MERC becomes a TRAITOR and kills 1 other MERC. Reward on head: 100,000. The TRAITOR kills another MERC. Reward on head: 200,000. Kills another MERC. Reward on head: 300,000. And so on. And if a player gets a REVENGE kill, they get twice the reward on the TRAITORS head. Example: Reward on head: 100,000. Revenge kill: 200,000.

Those are on my wishlist for Dog Days! :)

Dr Klowneus
9th Mar 2010, 11:50
Single player
Apart from all the stuff thats been confirmed
A awesome Story
The ability to replay the game as Kane in offline singleplayer campaign
Lots of weapons
Explosions
Lynch being Crazy
Shelley or Tharpa returning
Dare i say it,,,Agent 47 cameo
Fun trophies
Confirmation of a part three to the series

Multiplayer

More modes and maps for Fragile Alliance
More Weapons packs
Various methods implemented to stop the boosters
The same content for all three platforms, i.e voice chat for ps3, DLC for the PC Version
Remade maps from the first game as DLC, to be released free of charge as a thank you to fans
regularly updated patches to fix bugs glitches and to eliminate boosters,

Bawabus
9th Mar 2010, 19:40
Meaningful co-op interaction--that's what I'm looking for--beyond the mainstays of helping each other up ledges or reviving each other when downed. Those simple and obvious interactions are important, but I think you can do so much more with a game based around cooperative play.

These are just some ideas:

Give me the option to "stack up" outside a door with my co-op buddy so we can choose to do things like have one person open the door partway so the other can throw an explosive inside, or breach a door (kick it down, blow it up, whatever) with your buddy so that you can have the door down and both people inside really fast--stuff like that.

Obviously you don't want to convolute the game with a bunch of contrived systems for forcing cooperation, but adding in a few things of the nature can make the two people feel more of a connection between each other beyond just shootin' the same dudes.

joe the janitor
9th Mar 2010, 23:17
A f****n gameplay trailer! :naughty:

UhUh
10th Mar 2010, 15:40
A key that when you hold down, let's you "strafe" the camera left&right, up&down.
So that we can look around our beloved Lynch quickly, without turning around the hole thing.

Also, a quick 180° turn would help, without of course teleporting the camera, but a rush from the cameraman to the other side, while Lynch turns around.

Kent-45
10th Mar 2010, 23:47
I would say my top 3 would be Fragile Alliance stuff, since that's what you're going to be playing the most once you get done with the single player.

1. Customize your mercs appearance, loadout, and equipment in FA

2. Randomized enemy spawn locations, and types of enemies. For example some rounds you may encounter a sniper or a npc with a special weapon. This would all be randomized.

3. More randomized civilian encounters. During a heist you can rob NPC's at gunpoint, break into cash registers/vending machines, etc...

4. Wide variety of Fragile Alliance maps. Really go crazy with it... it would also be amazing if you included updated versions of the original Fragile Alliance maps as well as the Dope Bag content.

I may include more later.

BeardedHoplite
13th Mar 2010, 03:29
Hooker's Trail FA map
Executions, like in the first Godfather game
Executions, like in Manhunt
Weapon customization like in Blood Money
Hope that people don't see this as demanding
Flashback mission that explains the heist seen during the trailer. One person is Kane (it'll please all the people who want to be Kane) and the other as a random crony
It to be awesome
No co-op survial mode. It's overused
A cool collectors/special/limited edition

The Pope
13th Mar 2010, 08:03
Oooo that's a nice topic!

I got some things..not too complicated I guess...

- agent 47 cameo or just a simple reference to him would be cool.
- taking people hostage? :rolleyes:
- character customisation (or at least an option to change the outfit...)
- normal PC menu - not just a conversion from 360 - I'm a pc player myself and seeing things like "press A" "press B" was just cheap.
- better written story and longer between missions cutscenes (not only voice!) - it's a big chance You got it covered already, beeing that the story seemed more like a background in the original game...so I'm happy already :)

- ...and not really a "what-u-want-in-a-game-wish" but it would've help support the marketing of the title :) Kane/Lynch action figures - yeah, I know what you thinking - "oh god, just what we need - another guy who wants a toy!" - but seriously - there is a whole lot of action figure collectors and in many cases - if they haven't seen a paricular game title and they get to see a cool character as an action figure they might grab - their next step is to pick up on the game. Not to mention us, K&L fans who would kill for it. Oh and not necessarily limited to collector's edition only - sold separately more people could get it due to unlimited amount, costs and availibility - collector editions tend to differ depending on the country/region so it could be that US would get those but not EU (that would suck...) -- NECA would be a great choice. Not too expensive, and great looking. But hey, this whole thing has been said couple of times already so... :rolleyes:

Acid_Burn
13th Mar 2010, 08:05
- taking people hostage?
Hostage? Hm. Where K&L will keep them? :D Live shield is a better idea, I think.

- normal PC menu - not just a conversion from 360 - I'm a pc player myself and seeing things like "press A" "press B" was just cheap.
There was normal PC menu in Dead Men. But if you are playing with a controller, only then you'll see "A" or "B" :)

The Pope
13th Mar 2010, 08:10
Hostage? Hm. Where K&L will keep them? :D Live shield is a better idea, I think.
Sorry...that's exactly what I ment :)

There was normal PC menu in Dead Men. But if you are playing with a controller, only then you'll see "A" or "B" :)
hmm...yeah, but still there was constant Windows Live! window opening and there were only A/B buttons...can it be changed or is it just for Windows to change??