PDA

View Full Version : Unable to bind ' key.

TJX
6th Jan 2010, 04:28
I'm a lefty and I use OLK; instead of WSAD. So I usually use the key before ENTER as my jump or run. This would be the ' key. It seems that there is no way i can set this key for anything. I want to set it for the action key (jump/run/glide/use). Is there any way around this??

Nemesis296
6th Jan 2010, 13:35
Did you try using the launcher to change the keybindings? Probly a stupid question, but I thought I would ask.

TJX
6th Jan 2010, 23:38
I use the GAME SETUP interface to change the control settings. Is this launcher thing something else?

Nemesis296
7th Jan 2010, 04:36
I use the GAME SETUP interface to change the control settings. Is this launcher thing something else?

Game Setup...hmm. What I'm referring to is the launcher that doesn't run automatically when starting the game. If you have Vista, open the Games folder and right-click on the B:AA icon and choose "Run Launcher". In XP it's in the /Program Files/Eidos Games/Batman: Arkham Asylum/bin/BmLauncher.exe

There should be an option for Keybindings that you can then use to configure your keys.

TJX
11th Dec 2010, 22:43
Game Setup...hmm. What I'm referring to is the launcher that doesn't run automatically when starting the game. If you have Vista, open the Games folder and right-click on the B:AA icon and choose "Run Launcher". In XP it's in the /Program Files/Eidos Games/Batman: Arkham Asylum/bin/BmLauncher.exe

There should be an option for Keybindings that you can then use to configure your keys.

Played again after nearly a year, and no, I'm sorry but your method does not work. This is the exact same launcher I've been setting up keys for for the game and it does not and will not accept ' as a key. And yes, I have been able to bind Every Other Key except this one. Try it yourself. Just have to hope the next Arkham game lets you bind any key you want.