PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a training/practice mode added in the future?

MadGeologist
4th Mar 2014, 18:22
I'm talking about special modes where you can hone your skills and get used to the maps without the burden of actual competitive fighting. Something like the practice mode in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. The game can give you objectives, and you have to fulfill them, which will prepare you for the real challenge in the multiplayer mode. Is something like this possible?

Khalith
4th Mar 2014, 19:34
It's been brought up before as something they want to do but no promises on a when of course.

MarinePikachu
4th Mar 2014, 19:53
I would also love to see this. I dont want to be testing things in a real matchup cuz thats not fun for anyone. Would be useful for getting better at sent kidnaps, tyrant jumps, analyzing dps, etc.

MorgannaAmetza
4th Mar 2014, 20:27
I only played once and will try it again before giving up. I am a 50 year old who has played many games over the years and has raised a child who has been asked to be on pro teams in a game or two: so I am used to seeing a wide variety of games and game play designs. When I tried Nosgoth, I waited about half an hour before the game began so I had time learn the controls for the game and felt ready to jump in. Landing in an active battle made the "I'm ready" feeling crash. I tried to do my part as a team member and even scored some points after realizing standing still and trying to get used to the player I was dropped in as made me a very easy target. Getting switched from human to vampire for the second half put me back at square one on the learning curve. A tutorial / practice zone would be a good addition to the game especially since there are other games with the same basic set-up that have them. Casual players, or players like myself who learn slower may not stay around in a game that does not offer them a way to learn. If we don't stick around we won't spend any money in the game, and many older gamers have the money to spend.

Psyonix_Eric
4th Mar 2014, 21:03
We're working on a tutorial mode.

hirukaru
5th Mar 2014, 00:19
We're working on a tutorial mode.

Just something to add to Eric.
The Alpha test team had this suggested after noticing that new members coming into Alpha had lots of questions about how to use different skills and how to fly.
I am very happy that there will be a tutorial mode to reduce the learning curve, even though the game is very easy to learn once you get into it.

Eric, I guess the tutorial mode is planned for OB? cause CB there will still be a lot of changing to the game I guess?

Psyonix_Eric
5th Mar 2014, 00:33
Eric, I guess the tutorial mode is planned for OB? cause CB there will still be a lot of changing to the game I guess?
No, we're trying to finish it for CB. We might start out with the basics and expand upon it later for OB but we're at least trying to get in a "get your feet wet" version. Though we don't want the vampires to get their feet wet. That would be bad. "Get your feet bloody" tutorial?

hirukaru
5th Mar 2014, 00:39
No, we're trying to finish it for CB. We might start out with the basics and expand upon it later for OB but we're at least trying to get in a "get your feet wet" version. Though we don't want the vampires to get their feet wet. That would be bad. "Get your feet bloody" tutorial?

Nice Are there sheeps? and a cauldron ?
So the sentinel can cook some nice Sheep soup ?

So I assume you guys are working on the Tutorial mode now.

You say get your feet wet is bad for the vampire but even the humans drown in if they want to swim. ;)