PDA

View Full Version : ALCHEMIST equal rights for women (alchemists)

Syst3mzero
4th Mar 2014, 16:19
in our modern society we are supposed to treat women equally, even if they are shorter than us and they have to sit down to pee. (humour, chill)

now here is the problem, nosgoth treats women as second class citizens. while the other classes enjoy a damagetastic life of slaughter the only class that can heal themselves and allies is the Alchemist.
unfortunately alchemists who heal are under appreciated and under paid.

why are they under appreciated and under paid you may ask?

well alchemists who choose to BENEFIT the team are PUNISHED by not having their healing contribution quantified. because its not quantified sometimes the Alchemist may get picked on by less intelligent members of the team as their contribution to the round is not visible on the scoreboard.
also healing seems to have no effect on the reward gold at the end of the round due to it not being quantified in the scores.

to wrap up everyone on the team gets a chance to score higher because of the healing efforts of the alchemist at the cost of the alchemists own score...

(not a rage an observation)

lucinvampire
4th Mar 2014, 16:32
Here here I second this! Healing should give XP and/or show on the scores...Alchemists help - is now off to make a sign to go and stand outside the SE office demanding equal rights for Alchemist Healers :lol:

RainaAudron
4th Mar 2014, 16:43
Agreed. However, I do not really like healing mist as much as in 1 on 1 situation it is useless and rather use firewall to inflict damage.

Syst3mzero
4th Mar 2014, 16:56
Agreed. However, I do not really like healing mist as much as in 1 on 1 situation it is useless and rather use firewall to inflict damage.

Agreed but why are you going 1v1? and my point isn't which is best but the missing calculation of contribution to team effort. I don't play alch much but sometimes I do and sometimes I play healing alch and then I stop because my score looks like (rhymes with) rap, tap and snap.

cmstache
4th Mar 2014, 17:17
Healing gives 30XP per 500, that's an easy 100XP if your whole team uses it. That alone affects the end gold, although it's negligible. I've been asking for a "damage healed" or at least counting it as damage dealt on the scoreboard since early Alpha.

RainaAudron
4th Mar 2014, 17:20
Agreed but why are you going 1v1?

I am not, but many times my team mates are dead and I keep being chased by 2-3 vamps at once, healing mist doesn´t help in this situation.

Razaiim
4th Mar 2014, 19:15
I expected something entirely different when I read the title...

Sdoots
4th Mar 2014, 20:08
I expected something entirely different when I read the title...

Same. I'm actually going to admit I was very close to doing something I would have hated myself for, and post without reading the whole OP, just because of that title. Well played, I think?

This is a tricky fix. While it's easy to sit here and go "give heals the same score as assists" and so forth, you have to keep in mind how it could be used by jerks. A whole team of alchemists just hanging out healing each other to rack up gold at a higher rate than normally possible, for example, might become a possible issue if there is a gold incentive to heal. At the same time, giving SOME additional score for healing does make sense, and my understanding is that would directly affect your gold made at the end of the match. Ultimately, a balance would need to be found where players couldn't abuse the mechanic to profit, but players in a support role would still be rewarded.

Syst3mzero
4th Mar 2014, 21:41
Healing gives 30XP per 500, that's an easy 100XP if your whole team uses it. That alone affects the end gold, although it's negligible. I've been asking for a "damage healed" or at least counting it as damage dealt on the scoreboard since early Alpha.

yeah, the XP is great but like I say if it doesn't get quantified on the scoreboard you get the aggro jerks calling you all sorts of things just because your stats don't reflect your contribution. of course they suddenly go quiet in the next game you play with them and you beat their damage kills an assists by massive amounts because you switch to the same class as them (true story).
and it doesn't seem to give me much gold when I go healing alch.

Syst3mzero
4th Mar 2014, 21:45
Here here I second this! Healing should give XP and/or show on the scores...Alchemists help - is now off to make a sign to go and stand outside the SE office demanding equal rights for Alchemist Healers :lol:

you made an alchemist outfit didn't you? sure I saw something about you doing that. wear that while you protest!

RainaAudron
4th Mar 2014, 21:53
xDDD Lucy, make another costume for me and then we can both protest lol! :D

Psyonix_Eric
4th Mar 2014, 21:56
I think adding a healing section to the scoreboard is a good idea. I think we can do that at some point. I'll try to weasel it in when I can.

hirukaru
4th Mar 2014, 22:20
I think adding a healing section to the scoreboard is a good idea. I think we can do that at some point. I'll try to weasel it in when I can.

This has been discussed in Alpha if I am correct.
Even though healing do give EXP (Support), it is better to see it in the scores how much you healed.

Damage/Healed K/D/A/

Psyonix_Eric
4th Mar 2014, 22:27
This part has been discussed when we where in Alpha also.
Yep. I remember it being brought up then too. I've wanted to add it for a long time now but I unfortunately can't do it myself as it's half art, half code.

Lots of things are going to end up being added onto the massive "to do" list that we have. It just means that we'll get to things in the priority of what we deem is most important. I'm still trying to figure out how I can go without sleep but I haven't mastered it yet. :(

hirukaru
4th Mar 2014, 22:32
Yep. I remember it being brought up then too. I've wanted to add it for a long time now but I unfortunately can't do it myself as it's half art, half code.

Lots of things are going to end up being added onto the massive "to do" list that we have. It just means that we'll get to things in the priority of what we deem is most important. I'm still trying to figure out how I can go without sleep but I haven't mastered it yet. :(

Yep I know. When you find out how a human can survive without sleep, can you tell me ;)

Syst3mzero
4th Mar 2014, 23:28
I'm still trying to figure out how I can go without sleep but I haven't mastered it yet. :(

do vampires need sleep? if not get kain to turn you... alternatively have you tried replacing your food, drink and sleep with redbull, redbull and redbull?

Syst3mzero
4th Mar 2014, 23:29

might encourage me to play alch more when its in.

DeputyPotato
4th Mar 2014, 23:43
xDDD Lucy, make another costume for me and then we can both protest lol! :D

I'll wear one too >_> protesting and all.

RiversOblivion
6th Mar 2014, 16:36
It's good that you're thinking of it though, and realize it would be a good idea.
I'm glad you guys are looking into it before the game goes live.

My friends and I, if we have two healers in a game, often compete to see who can heal the most, bahahahaha.

Psyonix_Eric
25th Mar 2014, 22:45
Has anyone here noticed a new addition to the scoreboards? ;)

cmstache
25th Mar 2014, 23:09
I did. And we praise you (in the general""you")

Korevas
25th Mar 2014, 23:32
Has anyone here noticed a new addition to the scoreboards? ;)

You have *so* been waiting for this one, haven't you? :)

Nice addition tough. Can we hope to see some more healing skills then maybe? That would totally emphasize the new feature. ;)

Psyonix_Eric
26th Mar 2014, 00:56
You have *so* been waiting for this one, haven't you? :)

Nice addition tough. Can we hope to see some more healing skills then maybe? That would totally emphasize the new feature. ;)
Maybe. We shall see what the future holds.

And yes, I have been. :P I play an Alchy healer a lot so I have always wanted this. Eventually I just went and did it, and I'm not a UI artist.

cmstache
26th Mar 2014, 00:57
I thank you, forever. :worship: As a fellow healing alch, I love you. :friends: (And the occasional doodle judgment.)

Ygdrasel
26th Mar 2014, 06:42
in our modern society we are supposed to treat women equally, even if they are shorter than us and they have to sit down to pee. (humour, chill)

now here is the problem, nosgoth treats women as second class citizens.

No, here is the problem: Nosgoth is not our modern society so get back in the kitchen. :P

All jokes aside, Alchemist healing should definitely be quantified in the scoreboard.