PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Noted Suggestions

Xenonetix
4th Mar 2014, 15:18
Here is a list of every suggestion (that has yet to be implemented) we've made a note of as of 2nd March 2014. We are listening! Can't guarantee everything will be introduced though, and some probably simply aren't possible.

As such, please DO NOT view this as a teaser of anything to come. It really is simply a list of your suggestions to date :)

More Specific Item Information
Sentinel Targeting Improvement
Tyrant Ledge Grab While Jumping
Player Report System
Vote Options
Set Length of Games
Quickchat (VGS) Options
Human Slight Jump
Rebalance Reaver Gas
Corpse Decay Timer
Increase Flamethrower Damage Or Range
Maximum 2 Per Class In New Recruit Games
Preview & Rotate Skins
More Female Characters
Chat Focus Hotkey
Combine Servers After Prolonged Time
Introductory Key Binding Graphic
Crouch
Distinguish "Left the Game" From "Disconnected"
Auto-Kick Inactive Players
One Day Trial Items
Alchemist Poison Cloud Colour Change
Lower Graphical Detail Options
Purposely Quitting Should Incur Penalty
Reaver Haste Should Affect Charged Melee
Server Region Selection
Dodge Out Of Bola
Ignore Function
Option To Unmute Sound When Window Loses Focus
Larger Description Font
Hover Over Tooltips
Auto-Reload At Stations
Customization Unlocked By Leveling Up
Higher Display Resolution Options
More Soul Reaver & Legacy of Kain Influences
Custom Game Modes
Training Mode
More Buildings
Rotating Mini-Map
Language Use Adjustment
Typing Chat Icon
Sentinel Inverted Flight Control Option
Compass Directions
Font Size Options
Preset Commands
Area Attack Damage Reduction Removal
More Loadouts
Tournaments and Ranking
Console Version
Human Night Vision
Award & Trophy System
Statistics Display
More Skin Variation
Drawn Skin Suggestion
More Execution Types
Water Bomb For Humans
Echolocation In Other Skill Slot
Daily Quests
Two Player Combo Attacks
Players vs. Enemies Mode
Armory Store Optimization
PlayStation 4 Controller Support
Day & Night Cycles
HP Damage Displays
Blood Gout For Vampires
Holiday-Themed Skins
Prestige System
Executions By Humans
Gender Counterparts
Increased Health Options
Friend Access Keys
Selling Items
Skin Switch During Loadouts

Khalith
4th Mar 2014, 17:48
Player Report System
Vote Options
Rebalance Reaver Gas
Increase Flamethrower Damage Or Range
Maximum 2 Per Class In New Recruit Games
Preview & Rotate Skins
More Female Characters
Combine Servers After Prolonged Time
Auto-Kick Inactive Players
One Day Trial Items
Alchemist Poison Cloud Colour Change
Lower Graphical Detail Options
Purposely Quitting Should Incur Penalty
Reaver Haste Should Affect Charged Melee
Server Region Selection
Dodge Out Of Bola
Ignore Function
Option To Unmute Sound When Window Loses Focus
Auto-Reload At Stations
Customization Unlocked By Leveling Up
Higher Display Resolution Options
Training Mode
More Execution Types
Water Bomb For Humans
Echolocation In Other Skill Slot
Players vs. Enemies Mode
Armory Store Optimization
PlayStation 4 Controller Support
Holiday-Themed Skins
Executions By Humans
Gender Counterparts
Increased Health Options
Friend Access Keys
Selling Items
Skin Switch During Loadouts

Took out all the stuff I didn't want, bolded and underlined all the stuff that I absolutely for sure feel should be implemented and the game needs, any thing not bolded I feel is a good idea and would be nice, but not having them doesn't particularly detract from my enjoyment. The bolded stuff though would massively increase my personal enjoyment of the game. That being said:

Statistics Display

Please do NOT do this, if you do, make sure we have the option to make it private.

Vampmaster
4th Mar 2014, 18:07
I'd like to add:

Abilities that correspond to the evolved vampires.
All six vampire clans.
PvE/Survival (Low priority).

Xenonetix
4th Mar 2014, 20:59
I'd like to add:

Abilities that correspond to the evolved vampires.
All six vampire clans.
PvE/Survival (Low priority).

Didn't include any suggestions that are lore-related (ie: All six clans), and PvE Mode is already in the list.

Vampmaster
4th Mar 2014, 21:20
Didn't include any suggestions that are lore-related (ie: All six clans), and PvE Mode is already in the list.

Sorry, I didn't spot the Player vs Enemies in the list and I figured the "all six clans" would count as gameplay and not just lore, since it would need one more class than is planned so far.

Khalith
5th Mar 2014, 18:33
Let me add an addendum to the lobby issue, if you are going to condense lobbies, don't force NA in to EU and vice versa. I found myself alone waiting in NA lobby and it pushed me in to backfilling an EU game, in such a scenario I would rather wait however long it takes.

RainaAudron
6th Mar 2014, 00:00
Auto-delete for items that expired would be nice so we donĀ“t have to manually delete them + Team lobby search (lobby of 4 players searching for another lobby of 4).

LtGiuberia
6th Mar 2014, 01:21
Massively approved of all. Especially server region

Vampmaster
1st Jul 2014, 11:05
Can we get an update on this? Maybe tick off the ones that are done or in progress?

EDIT: Actually, can it be a sticky?

GoldenXan
1st Jul 2014, 13:31
-- More Specific Item Information: Occasionally I find some items wanting in certain details. Take Kidnap for example, it doesn't say how long the target will remain on your grasp.
-- Sentinel Targeting Improvement: That couldn't go wrong, could it now? With a high latency, I don't have the perfect idea of how the targeting actually works, but there are times in which it seems to simply stop working and I can't grab anyone, even when they're still and standing. I'm not sure of what is the reason behind this, so I cannot tell, but improving the system might do some good.
-- Tyrant Ledge Grab While Jumping: Reavers can cling to the walls when they pounce, it is a technique I used frequently with Leap, so it makes sense to let Tyrants do the same.
-- Player Report System: This is important.
-- Vote Options: I can't see much harm in this. Occasionally, some players will find themselves playing the same map again and again because it was voted so, but then again, so will he have the chance to voice his opinion.
-- Set Length of Games: While I find that 10 minutes is somehow the perfect length, with the introduction of custom games this is a feature that should be left available to change.
-- Quickchat (VGS) Options: This is extremely important, as communication is primordial, and not everyone uses voice chat or even regular chat, and quick voice commands would simply improve this tremendously. A few singularly helpful voice commands are "Help!", "I'll cover you!", "Attack!", "Here, fresh blood!", "Follow me!", "Stay put!", "I see them, over there! (Optionally: State what creature you saw [Reaver spotted! Sentinel spotted! Hunter spotted!])". With the implementation of any NPC oriented game mode, these voice commands could be used to communicate with them as well.
-- Human Slight Jump: This is something that I thought of the very first time I saw the game. I heard a developer stating that humans would be capable of jumping over small obstacles, though that haven't been implemented so far. I think it makes sense, there are certain things that are heel high but you can't climb over them, like stair steps when approaching from the side.
-- Rebalance Reaver Gas: I can't comment on that since I don't know what this balance involves.
-- Corpse Decay Timer: This is something I'd find useful. The timer could be the very same 'fresh blood' indication that we have now, and the red area empties as the timer runs out, indicating how long you have left to drink the blood.
-- Increase Flamethrower Damage Or Range: I have already mentioned in the weekly discussion (Alchemist) that the Flamethrower simply does not work for high latency players (or at least, me), but I do not know exactly why this particular skill doesn't work, could be that range is related to it.
-- Maximum 2 Per Class In New Recruit Games: If this isn't what will be present in the real deal (TDM), then why would it be so in New Recruit? Especially considering that a good deal of people will only have two classes per team as soon as they get in the game, and they should be able to choose what to learn and when to.
-- Preview & Rotate Skins: This is nice, because some skins front view isn't enough to grasp what it would be like to play with it. Rest assured this would increase sales. Additionally, have different animated positions for the skins to be shown, such as running, rolling, etc.
-- More Female Characters: Female or Male, I do not mind, it has been pretty even so far, and I take it there is a good reason for there to be no Vampire woman.
-- Chat Focus Hotkey: If you press the chat key, focus will already be drawn to the chat for you to read. I'm not sure what this is.
-- Combine Servers After Prolonged Time: I thought this already happened, but mildly due to the poor matchmaking, but it makes sense to have this. As far as you aren't merging servers from different regions, that won't be a problem to players.
-- Introductory Key Binding Graphic: I have no idea what this is.
-- Crouch: As a Vampire, you can lower yourself a bit by standing still and holding the climb button. While I find that specially funny, it is not a crouch, and humans have nothing like it. It would be interesting to have this, even more so if it increases accuracy and if there are specific map locations that you can crawl through while crouched.
-- Distinguish "Left the Game" From "Disconnected": No harm in that, and I find that people would be a bit less frustrated with others, at times.
-- Auto-Kick Inactive Players: That would prove useful.
-- One Day Trial Items: I find that one day is often not enough to try certain items, but we already have it so for perks, so...
-- Alchemist Poison Cloud Colour Change: Too bright, that is? An adjustment wouldn't be that bad.
-- Lower Graphical Detail Options: What is the most consuming on processor power are special effects. Firewall, Shadow Bombs, Alchemist's explosives are all things that can lower people's FPS in an instant, especially when combined. If someone doesn't have a game working on at least 30 FPS at the lowest setting with nothing happening on the screen, it surely will be a lot worse under those conditions. I'm all in for allowing people with older computers to have a better experience at the cost of visual fidelity.
-- Purposely Quitting Should Incur Penalty: I don't think punishments are really adequate. As someone else stated, occasionally things happens in our lives beyond our control, and it is best to leave than to let our character for feeding. I'm sure that there are ways to make the system more straight and safe, we only need to figure out a mid-term.
-- Reaver Haste Should Affect Charged Melee: Certainly.
-- Server Region Selection: I thought we already had that.
-- Dodge Out Of Bola: Out of bola? Dodge to get rid of it? Didn't quite get this.
-- Ignore Function: There are always those players. This is good.
-- Option To Unmute Sound When Window Loses Focus: You mean having sound when not in focus? Sure, why not?
-- Larger Description Font: What about adjustable instead? I find it just fine, but others might think it's bad, so...
-- Hover Over Tooltips: That can be toggled.
-- Auto-Reload At Stations: Comes the problem that you may reload when you don't intend to, unless you move or dodge. Is it really that bad? The one issue I find is that sometimes the Health Station doesn't begin to load even though I've been pressing the damn key for half an hour.
-- Customization Unlocked By Leveling Up: At first, people won't have what to customize, and when they do, they will already have gathered some experience. Why limit them? Let them try things.
-- Higher Display Resolution Options: Absolutely.
-- More Soul Reaver & Legacy of Kain Influences: Psyonix seem to be pretty good at that, I'm sure they will come up with more.
-- Custom Game Modes: Aha. Surely there would be filters for not entering those if you don't want to. Also, you have a custom game, does it work in the matter of rewards as the default one does? It might be exploitable.
-- Training Mode: For testing skills and combos, along with what-not. Of course.
-- More Buildings: I find that most maps have already a lot of buildings, but not every one can be entered at... What about maps designed for having more buildings that you can, then, come in at? Though I particularly dislike tight places.
-- Rotating Mini-Map: I've seen people asking for this, and it is strictly a matter of preference, why not?
-- Language Use Adjustment: You mean filter? If it is a filter, sure, if not, I know not what it is.
-- Typing Chat Icon: Yes, that would do no harm.
-- Sentinel Inverted Flight Control Option: For those old schooled that played flight simulators.
-- Compass Directions: I thought there were a North indication.
-- Font Size Options: The same as tooltip font size.
-- Preset Commands: Such as? You don't mean preset voice chat commands such as before, do you?
-- Area Attack Damage Reduction Removal: I don't quite know what this is supposed to be, but I've noticed that, quite wrongly in my opinion, certain attacks have their damage lowered when chained into someone else's attack, such as Wing Flap and Puncture, is that with you mean? I totally agree to this. Grab attacks such as Pounce and Throw can be chained together for maximum effect, why should any damage be diminished when coordinated? It's not like it makes any sense to cut a skill damage into a quarter to balance anything. Does that even give a fighting chance to a dying victim? Not even that, it just frustrates the player who had his skill wasted.
-- More Loadouts: More loadout options, I take it. Yes, always, but this will happen anyway. Do you mean more skills instead? Uuh, that's a nice one, could it be ever brought in a third set of skills?
-- Tournaments and Ranking: I'm sure they will bring this eventually.
-- Console Version: This too if they know what's good for them.
-- Human Night Vision: As in a skill?
-- Award & Trophy System: ACHIEVEMENTS. Always a good thing to have, as far as they are not silly things that everyone will do if they like the game anyway, such as those "finish the game, finish chapter 17" which doesn't make sense and is not even an accomplishment if you enjoy playing.
-- Statistics Display: As it was already mentioned the intention to implement.
-- More Skin Variation: They are quite similar, some of them, aren't they? Not every one, but some, indeed. The Scout skins, for instance.
-- Drawn Skin Suggestion: Can't quite tell on this one.
-- More Execution Types: Customizable execution types, in a way that you choose which one use. They should all have the same time though, unless it is an execution chosen to be provocative and therefore more time consuming, but that is purely conceptual.
-- Water Bomb For Humans: Someone had to mention this eventually.
-- Echolocation In Other Skill Slot: Can't comment on this one. What about a working Echolocation first?
-- Daily Quests: This would be interesting, and bring some attachment too.
-- Two Player Combo Attacks: We already do so by ourselves, so why not chain them together statistically for a nice effect and reward cooperation?
-- Players vs. Enemies Mode: Absolutely.
-- Armory Store Optimization: I'm not sure what this one is.
-- PlayStation 4 Controller Support: Aha.
-- Day & Night Cycles: Would day be so far different from night, considering all those dark clouds in the sky? 10 minutes is a rather small time to bring a cycle, but perhaps you could have it so that the match happens at night, and at the end of the match the day comes, which is why the match ends. Need not be for regular matches type though, of course.
-- HP Damage Displays: Yes.
-- Blood Gout For Vampires: What is this?
-- Holiday-Themed Skins: I'm not a particular fan of this.
-- Prestige System: I bet a lot of people would rack up those prestiges as soon as they possibly and humanly can.
-- Executions By Humans: On extremely low health Vampires, perhaps when executed by a melee, indeed, very nice.
-- Gender Counterparts: Some classes are strictly male or female, I get it, but it wouldn't be bad either.
-- Increased Health Options: Not sure what this is supposed to be.
-- Friend Access Keys: This won't be an issue once the game goes viral and opens up.
-- Selling Items: They already said they intend to implement things like that. I think its nice.
-- Skin Switch During Loadouts: Surely.

Thank you for making this available. I'm sure we will see a reduction of suggestions already discussed.

Hjalmtyr
2nd Jul 2014, 20:39
The vampires should be able to interrupt their feasting on purpose. sometimes you may notice the enemy human before he starts attacking you but you cant do anything because of eating which often results in death. Holding the "E" key for the whole feast duration would be great

GoldenXan
2nd Jul 2014, 22:50
But you can press E while feeding to cancel the execution already.

NickTsiou
3rd Jul 2014, 10:53
I stopped at the more soul reaver and LoK influence along with PvE, as they are the more essential elements in your list.

I was amazed when I played the tutorial, which was even more entertaining than the rest of the game itself. It seems you have the ability to do great things for this universe so use it.

For me a single player experience is always better than any multiplayer, thus my enjoyment for the tutorial.

GenFeelGood
4th Jul 2014, 03:39
-- Drawn Skin Suggestion: Can't quite tell on this one.

Where can we see the drawn skin?

TheProKilla666
4th Jul 2014, 09:55
I would like to choose to play with vampires or humans before the match.
I hate to switch from one race to the other match by match..It would be cooler if I could choose my team and play with it for more matches!
(Sorry for my english I'm italian)
I would also like the creation of a singleplayer or coop storyline where you can choose your race and do missions!

NickTsiou
4th Jul 2014, 16:47
The problem with your suggestion is that 95% of the players will chose to only play vamps, so you understand why this can't happen.

I'm 100% behind you on the creation of a singleplayer, though

Shikei001
4th Jul 2014, 16:53
Psyonix is specialized on Multiplayer Games, that's why they won't make a Singleplayer game (i think Corey said that in some Video).
But some kind of survival mode against bots is imaginable (at least for me) and i would surely like it, at best with some score based Ranking.

NickTsiou
4th Jul 2014, 17:23
I know but even that will do.

Perhaps some kind of missions or something that will be PvE.

TheProKilla666
4th Jul 2014, 18:28
So if singleplayer is not possible they could create a coop pve where you can customize your character!
That would be realy cool!
However is a good game for my standard!

NickTsiou
6th Jul 2014, 00:29
As it occured on another thread I strongly believe variations of Evolved skins should be another suggestion.

NickTsiou
6th Jul 2014, 23:52
Took out all the stuff I didn't want, bolded and underlined all the stuff that I absolutely for sure feel should be implemented and the game needs, any thing not bolded I feel is a good idea and would be nice, but not having them doesn't particularly detract from my enjoyment. The bolded stuff though would massively increase my personal enjoyment of the game. That being said:

Please do NOT do this, if you do, make sure we have the option to make it private.

By the way how is it possible to not want more soul reaver and lok influences?

Saphariel
10th Jul 2014, 13:50
I just gotta say after playing this game which i realy like one thing just sticks out, and thats that all high lv players play hunters with bomb and whip, somebody probably mentioned it, but that combo is really op, would be much better if u gave scout the bomb or something, but a dude with an automatic crosbow, has a close range weapon and a very nice aoe dmg bomb.

Ysanoire
12th Jul 2014, 10:51
Training Mode

Please Elder God, yes. I've been looking if this has been suggested. The introduction of the tutorial was a really good thing, and I would really appreciate some kind of training mode with bots to train on. I'm sure there are more people who are as clumsy as me and would like to practice their kidnap or shooting or whatever it is in peace.

Xenonetix
12th Jul 2014, 12:04
I'll look into posting a new updated version of this thread soon, but for now, I shall close it, as quite a few of these suggestions have now been implemented! :)