PDA

View Full Version : Lok6 - please!!

LOK_Raziel
1st Jan 2010, 12:51
Happy New Year Eidos, Crystal Dynamics & Square Enix! Question, will we see a new game in the Legacy of Kain series? will there be LOK news in 2010? will we ever see Raziel & Kain again? :)

Vampmaster
1st Jan 2010, 16:36
You're probably better off writing physical letters on paper to either Enix or Crystal Dynamics as those usually get more attention. Try to mention some of the things you like about the series and why you'd like to see another game. I forwarded a message from Nosgothic Realm about an on-paper petition some time ago, but I can't find the thread to update it. It's probably a different address now that Enix have took over.

An email might do, but still give reasons why you'd like to see a new game.

Raziel'sRevenge
5th Jan 2010, 18:28
I'll state here what I say in every thread like this:

There is no news about Legacy of Kain at this moment. Eidos has neither confirmed or denied the creation of another game, so there is still hope. Look at how long it took another Doom to be made. That being said, there are things we can do to help as fans. Money talks, if you own a PS3 or PSP buy all the games for it. Support the fan-created games because it shows interest in the series, write fan-fictions for the same reason, buy official Legacy of Kain merchandise, post on the Legacy of Kain boards, write the company letters (they pay more attention to an actual paper letter and my signature gives a link with the address), and do anything you can think of to bring attention to the series.

Cata_Blake
6th Jan 2010, 21:06
Raziel's got a point, we, as fans, have to do all we can to show that the interest is real.

There is also a group on facebook asking Eidos for another game... so there another way to see what fans are actually doing and asking for there.

I really hope they bring us another game to the series, specially after all the incongruencies we saw in blood omen 2 (like Vorador alive and raising vamps), I really think they have to come up with someway to fix that!!! And make it reasonable and, of course, coherent with the rest of the series... there are still a lot of questions unaswered and a good plot to be developed... so I still don't understand why they haven't made another game yet...

Linikratyo
10th Jan 2010, 00:10
there are still a lot of questions unaswered and a good plot to be developed... so I still don't understand why they haven't made another game yet...

2 words: Tomb Raider

Redeemer_and_Destroyer
10th Jan 2010, 16:58
There is a Facebook campaign to get LoK6 made and we are currently 319 members strong but we need even more support!

On 30th January there will be a mass letter avalanche to Eidos. If you want another chapter to this epic story then please follow the link below and check out the details. We need as many people to write to Eidos as possible.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4934293&id=536211290#/group.php?gid=81035519780

Thanks guys

:group_hug:

LOK_Raziel
15th Jan 2010, 06:29
If not LOK6, how about "Legacy of Kain Collection HD" ???

OugaBooga1
16th Jan 2010, 08:43
If not LOK6, how about "Legacy of Kain Collection HD" ???

TOTALLY Agree with you on LoK HD, same game with updated visuals.
Should be easy to do & quick.

Paradoks
16th Jan 2010, 11:17
TOTALLY Agree with you on LoK HD, same game with updated visuals.
Should be easy to do & quick.

All LoK games except BO1 are already available in HD - it's called PC version :p.
OK - it may not be "correct" HD since it lacks wide-screen support, but it still supports higher resolutions than so called "full-HD" (assuming you have the hardware to display something like 2560*1600).

OugaBooga1
16th Jan 2010, 15:13
All LoK games except BO1 are already available in HD - it's called PC version :p.
OK - it may not be "correct" HD since it lacks wide-screen support, but it still supports higher resolutions than so called "full-HD" (assuming you have the hardware to display something like 2560*1600).

i guess i should have made it more clear.
The example i will use is "serious sam the 1st encounter HD" is what i meant by HD.
I play PC games & haven't played a LoK on console since 1999.
Same goes with the tomb raider remake which Some ppl would call "HD"
Same with aliens vs predator which also is a remake & can be called HD.
I am unaware if any LoK game plays beyond 1900/ 1200 since i have not owned such a nice monitor.
ALL i am in agreedment with is i would like to see a visually "revised" LoK.
OK? :)

Paradoks
17th Jan 2010, 08:03
i guess i should have made it more clear.
The example i will use is "serious sam the 1st encounter HD" is what i meant by HD.
I play PC games & haven't played a LoK on console since 1999.
Same goes with the tomb raider remake which Some ppl would call "HD"
Same with aliens vs predator which also is a remake & can be called HD.
I am unaware if any LoK game plays beyond 1900/ 1200 since i have not owned such a nice monitor.
ALL i am in agreedment with is i would like to see a visually "revised" LoK.
OK? :)

I understand :). I pointed it out because most people give God of War Collection as an example of "HD-remake" (ironically it isn't even full HD and looks better emulated on PC). There are also 2 problems:
It takes a huge amount of time and money to upgrade game's graphics to today's standards - it actually means rewriting it from the beginning - it certainly isn't easy and quick to do.
More important is the fact that these games in their current form (regarding controls, interface, etc.) will seem outdated for "next-gen" (I hate that marketing term :rolleyes:) gamers. Having to enter menu every time you want to change weapon or having one 3-hit combo, dodge and impaling attack as a fighting system? No one will buy it today. Off course you can make a proper remake and update everything, but that is another story.

Corpse Core
4th Feb 2010, 04:32
I hate to be a kill joy, but we're not getting a new Legacy of Kain. The reason? It's been so long since any Legacy of Kain title has been on the shelves that it wouldn't appeal to anyone new to this series for the very fact they weren't around for the beginning of the story. Actually, the only reason Legacy of Kain is even still around is because of its fan base. Think about it, the last thing we heard was that Dark Prophecy had been cancelled, and that was roughly 6 years ago.

As for Eidos doing any remakes? That's not happening either, because even a remake, while not as time consuming, takes a lot of money. One example is the remakes for God of War for the PS3, while they didn't have to redo the story they did have to completely redo it on a new graphics engine which cost thousands of man hours and millions in funds. One factor in the decision to do a remake was that God of War both 1 and 2 sold extremely well, each installment was put into the "greatest hits category." Which sadly none of the Legacy of Kain games, to my knowledge, ever achieved.

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel, just depends how far your willing to go. Me and a few others are doing work on a Legacy of Kain mmorpg for are contribution to the series and yes we're looking for help. The point is this people, if we actually want another Legacy of Kain game we're going to have to work for it. When a game company says "we can neither confirm or deny," it means they aren't planning on anything and it's been left in a closet somewhere . So if you want something to happen then support a fan project, even join in on the effort. Just don't sit there hoping Eidos will get back around to Legacy of Kain, their devotion is to whatever brings in the most money and our beloved series didn't make the cut

Paradoks
4th Feb 2010, 08:52
I hate to be a kill joy, but we're not getting a new Legacy of Kain. The reason? It's been so long since any Legacy of Kain title has been on the shelves that it wouldn't appeal to anyone new to this series for the very fact they weren't around for the beginning of the story. Actually, the only reason Legacy of Kain is even still around is because of its fan base. Think about it, the last thing we heard was that Dark Prophecy had been cancelled, and that was roughly 6 years ago.

As for Eidos doing any remakes? That's not happening either, because even a remake, while not as time consuming, takes a lot of money. One example is the remakes for God of War for the PS3, while they didn't have to redo the story they did have to completely redo it on a new graphics engine which cost thousands of man hours and millions in funds. One factor in the decision to do a remake was that God of War both 1 and 2 sold extremely well, each installment was put into the "greatest hits category." Which sadly none of the Legacy of Kain games, to my knowledge, ever achieved.

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel, just depends how far your willing to go. Me and a few others are doing work on a Legacy of Kain mmorpg for are contribution to the series and yes we're looking for help. The point is this people, if we actually want another Legacy of Kain game we're going to have to work for it. When a game company says "we can neither confirm or deny," it means they aren't planning on anything and it's been left in a closet somewhere . So if you want something to happen then support a fan project, even join in on the effort. Just don't sit there hoping Eidos will get back around to Legacy of Kain, their devotion is to whatever brings in the most money and our beloved series didn't make the cut

You made a nearly identical post in another thread, so my reply (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1265322&postcount=29) refers to both of these.

Corpse Core
4th Feb 2010, 09:23
So I did, its a little tactless but it pretty much saves me the time of typing the same thing over and over again.

The_Hylden
6th Feb 2010, 02:33
Should I go around following you with the same rebuttal as well?

I look toward Fallout and other so-called dead series that have not only gotten a sequel, they've done extremely well. None of the LoK games, I think, ever lost money, and Defiance did well, just not as well as expected (because Eidos at the time was looking for a lot more to keep themselves afloat). Saying there was no money there is a misnomer.

It's alright to have your opinion, but you're coming across as trying to press your dis-hope onto others, who still have it.

Corpse Core
6th Feb 2010, 06:11
This has already been settled, I admit I messed up when reposting the same opinion, and no I'm not trying to force my thoughts on to others. Its simple really, I had the same thing to say on all 4 threads, that's all, no intention of spamming or reinforcing an arguement. I just didn't do things correctly by refering to my previous posts because I didn't know how.

Bound2Fate
9th Feb 2010, 19:28
I made a Twitter the other day and I "tweeted" Eidos on the possibility of another Legacy of Kain and I got this in response:

"eidos@Bound2Fate There's no news on a LoK I'm afraid. But we listen to all suggestions/questions (and I pass them on to the relevant people)"

The_Hylden
9th Feb 2010, 20:56
Any word on a new installment won't happen to one person tweeting on Twitter asking out it... It will happen via a planned announcement to the gaming press... Even if one were to be in the works right now, until the go-ahead is given to make that official announcement, the people at Eidos wouldn't be able to confirm it to you, or anyone else, anyway.

However, it's good to keep asking, those who do. For it shows the fanbase is there for a new one. I am sure those at Eidos take note of it.

Raziel'sRevenge
10th Feb 2010, 18:06
*Pulls out a major chunk of my hair and starts laughing/sobbing*

I have no idea how many times I've posted the same thing about ways to help out the effort to get a new game now but anyone who wants to see what it is can scroll up to the third post. The twitter idea is good, I hadn't even thought about that one, I'll add it to my list.

@ The Hylden: Yup. You're right, and you're right about it still being a good idea to keep asking? What's the worst that will happen? They'll tell you that they have no official news at this time? I think we can take that lol

Paradoks
10th Feb 2010, 19:38
*Pulls out a major chunk of my hair and starts laughing/sobbing*

I have no idea how many times I've posted the same thing about ways to help out the effort to get a new game now but anyone who wants to see what it is can scroll up to the third post.
And let me tell you that you are doing a great job with that quote. :thumbsup:

The twitter idea is good, I hadn't even thought about that one, I'll add it to my list.
You probably haven't thought about it because two weeks ago Eidos didn't even have a Twitter account ;).
And yes, repeating the same thing over and over again can be tiresome :p.
I have a suggestion. Since you already have a request for people to send letters in your sig, you could make one post with all suggestions (including the address) and refer to that post instead.
And you could always add a link to favourite Eidos franchise poll in Community Chat.

Raziel'sRevenge
10th Feb 2010, 22:44
And let me tell you that you are doing a great job with that quote. :thumbsup:

You probably haven't thought about it because two weeks ago Eidos didn't even have a Twitter account ;).
And yes, repeating the same thing over and over again can be tiresome :p.
I have a suggestion. Since you already have a request for people to send letters in your sig, you could make one post with all suggestions (including the address) and refer to that post instead.
And you could always add a link to favourite Eidos franchise poll in Community Chat.

My my my, aren't you full of ideas? I like it! Saves time, posts, and chunks of hair! :D