PDA

View Full Version : Heres the script for the movie

Wh1plash
30th Dec 2009, 18:36
A link was here. It's gone now.

One of Seven
30th Dec 2009, 18:46
Dammit would somebody just copy and paste it!!!!!!!

Wh1plash
30th Dec 2009, 19:33
what do you need buddy?

ohitspatty
30th Dec 2009, 19:36
I think I already sent it to those wanting to read it.

Also, Wh1plash, keep in mind that Bruce Wills thinks it is best action script he read in years lol

Wh1plash
30th Dec 2009, 19:44
Thats just the producer selling the movie.Just get a look at these two sleeze balls.
http://www.collider.com/2009/10/17/hitman-2-kane-lynch-hackslash-update-from-producers-adrian-askarieh-and-daniel-alter/

MrScarface
30th Dec 2009, 19:59
Just read that, I would of thought the actors would of been.

Kane - Jason Statham
Lynch - Bruce Willis

ohitspatty
30th Dec 2009, 20:40
Jason Statham would be horrible choice in my opinion.

My perfect cast would be: (from the game, not botched script by Mr. Ward)
Ray Liotta for Kane
Kevin Gage for Lynch
Ellen Page for Jenny
Jamie Chung for Yoko
Jon Voight for Shelly

That's all from top of my head.

Wh1plash
30th Dec 2009, 21:54
good picks.Here are mine.
Kane-Eric Bana
Lynch-Mickey Rourke

Ay,patty im also a film student and have dreamed of making a Kane and Lynch film. was wondering what you meant by mixing Dead Men's story with Fragile Alliance?

One of Seven
30th Dec 2009, 22:38
Will Smith as Kane

Martin Lawrence as Lynch

Queen Latifah as Jenny

Wh1plash
30th Dec 2009, 22:40
now thats a movie.

Unpaid Intern
31st Dec 2009, 00:17
Ray Liotta for Kane

Brilliant choice.

Not sure about Gage for Lynch though: he played a very similar-looking Waingro in Heat so that makes it awkward to say the least. I'm thinking Peter Stormare...?

http://www.autographdealer.com/images/PeterStormare33.jpg

Wh1plash
31st Dec 2009, 00:22
then you might like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ITZG4xBVhY

Unpaid Intern
31st Dec 2009, 00:31
LOL f*****k! 11/10!! I'm loving it. Looks better than that script at the moment...

ohitspatty
31st Dec 2009, 01:01
good picks.Here are mine.
Kane-Eric Bana
Lynch-Mickey Rourke

Ay,patty im also a film student and have dreamed of making a Kane and Lynch film. was wondering what you meant by mixing Dead Men's story with Fragile Alliance?

Mickey Rourke is also a good choice! But maybe Peter Stormare could fit the profile a bit better like Unpaid Intern mentioned.

And even thought still I'd cast Kevin Gage as Lynch. Even when he's bald he reminds me of Kane and Lynch picture you see when you load the game in your dashboard (xbox 360).

Oh and when I was talking about combining the stories, I had a vision of two storylines going on at the same time. One would be Dead Men's storyline (altered a little, as some scenes wouldn't translate good for a movie), and other storyline would be a heist for a fragile alliance where things go down when a traitor is found among the crew. The scenes would play back to back, each developing toward a messed up conclusion.

Will Smith as Kane

Martin Lawrence as Lynch

Queen Latifah as Jenny

Umm how about this:

Kane = Eddie Murphy
Lynch = Eddie Murphy

could be gold.

GrievousOdyssey
31st Dec 2009, 01:30
Eddie Murphy could then become the first man (and a Black man too i might add) in the history of the Academy Awards to win both Oscars for best actor in a leading and supporting role in The Same Film ! ...

And if he plays Jenny too , he'll get best actress in a supporting role as a bonus ...

Marvelous ...
And you know the man deserves it ...

GrievousOdyssey
31st Dec 2009, 01:45
Who the **** is "Marcus Kane" ? ...
There goes for the whole 'research' process ...

But the whole script is just ... weird ...
The way it is written i mean ...

I'm probably still stuck in the good old days because last time i read a screenplay it didn't sound like someone telling me a bed time story ...

ohitspatty
31st Dec 2009, 01:50
The way this script is written, well it breaks few minor rules in screenwriting, however doing so he paints much more colorful picture.

A lot of scripts are black on white. Straight to the point.

This one is a lot like Tarantino script, it has a soul. Too bad it sucks thought.

GrievousOdyssey
31st Dec 2009, 01:54
It doesn't suck that much ...
Even when you don't compare the screenplay to the game it is based of , it's not that bad ...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOSH ...

Ok , nevermind ...

And seriously though , how long are they going to pretend to people that 'this' is schizophrenia ? ...

ohitspatty
31st Dec 2009, 02:00
Perhaps Kyle Ward will be able to explain on the commentary when the DVD/Blu-Ray comes out lol

The film is made up of cliches. I love how Kane got his scar in the movie! He tried dodging a bullet...I bet we'll see that scene in slow motion while camera spins around the Kane...wait? I've seen something like that before.

GrievousOdyssey
31st Dec 2009, 02:02
Bruce Willis in a cheesy slow motion ? No Way ...

Chuck is going to get jalous ...

Wh1plash
31st Dec 2009, 02:33
Like your idea patty, heres mine.Its a long read.

Before I start we wont know much about either Kane or Lynch except some history and events that is mentioned in passing.

Mine starts with Kane and Lynch tied back to back in a torture room as members of The7 surround them.We keep going between that moment and flash backs to when they were kidnapped from the prison transport in L.A.,when Kane and Lynch rob the loot from Retomoto for The7 in Tokyo,when the exchange for Kanes family goes wrong and his wife is killed in the process and Lynch gets screwed out of his spot in The7, and when Kane goes after The7 for his daughter and Lynch goes along for revenge and try to infiltrate The7's mansion but they get captured.Then the final scene would be a shootout in the mansion between Kane/Lynch and The7 along with their crew (think the ending in Scarface) as they try to get Jenny (but she would die in the crossfire of course) and their revenge on The7.

I feel this would make a good movie, where the scenes they spend in captivity serve as exposition for the flash backs and the ending would be in real time.I changed the ending from Havana to Russia where The7 hold up in a large manor because Havana seems like too much of a change of scenery.Kane/Lynch arent killed trying to infiltrate the mansion because Kane never gave the combination for the case after the exchange went to hell.I think my idea pays great respect to the game. I left out the Mizuki scene cause it rips off Collateral too much,I replaced the setting of the exchange from the construction site to the dojo under the freeways in Tokyo.Theres no prison break because it would be too much to develop Thapa,Shelly and Rific and I dont want it to be The A Team I want Kane and Lynch.

The last scene would be Kane and Lynch in an airport going their seperate ways.Kane leaving with his grief and Lynch leaving with his revenge.If I had to add an end credits scene it would take place 6 months after where Kane is all messed up in a dark apartment and contemplates suicide as he holds the same gun that took his 2 year old son's life,he puts one in the chamber and pulls the trigger but it doesnt go off (Yes,just like Man on Fire).He looks at the gun until his stare is broken by a phone that hasn't rang in months.He picks it up and its Lynch who asks Kane if he would go to Shanghai to help him pull a job.And thats the Kane and Lynch movie I hope to make someday.

ohitspatty
31st Dec 2009, 07:51
That's pretty neat. Yeah, I totally left out what you call "A Team" because unlike it worked in the game, in the movie you'd have develop the characters so they are "real".

I think in a little treatment I wrote awhile back, I included the scenes in Havana except for the revolution part. Also, I had idea to include those "flashbacks" you hear when you're down waiting for a shot of adrenaline. Especially the one where Kane's son dies.

Oh and I think it would work great as just one movie, instead of bunch of sequels.

Vulture
31st Dec 2009, 15:26
i already knew the movie would suck but i dont care.. all i want is IO to earn more money :)

BeardedHoplite
1st Jan 2010, 00:46
i already knew the movie would suck but i dont care.. all i want is IO to earn more money :)

But what if that cash is from **** harvesting?

GrievousOdyssey
1st Jan 2010, 00:51
Plus i don't think that IO is actually earning ANY money from the "Kane & Lynch" film ...

Are they ? ...

Jacksolsmith
1st Jan 2010, 01:05
Plus i don't think that IO is actually earning ANY money from the "Kane & Lynch" film ...

Are they ? ...

I imagine they will, you normally get a sweet bit of cash out of rights deals.

GrievousOdyssey
1st Jan 2010, 01:07
Yeah , something like five percent ...

Jacksolsmith
1st Jan 2010, 01:13
I read the script today, being English myself I found Lynch's "demented lord of the manor" persona incredibly annoying, Kane was also more generic than he was in the game, honestly non of the Characters in K&L: DM were this cartoon like. In the words of Jeff Gerstmann, Kyle's script is "Ugly", that even if written with style, there's "nobody to root for"

GrievousOdyssey
1st Jan 2010, 01:15
I liked how Jenny (or whatever the hell her name is now) said she prefered us to beat her than to ask help from her father ...
*prepares for the ***** slap* ...

(by the way did she really just said the word 'rape' ?)
*faints like a pansy* ...

Jacksolsmith
1st Jan 2010, 01:32
Kane's daughter is just a rebellious brat because her father was not there for her, well, I've never heard that in an action movie before.

Maybe it would be better if say, for example, Kane's son when he was two years old accidently shot himself with Kane's service revolver from his military days, his wife leaves him and he hasn't seen his daughter since she was very young, meaning his guilt from being a merc and failing as a father lead him on a desperate trail of revenge and redemption...Oh wait, that would be crazy wouldn't it? :lol:

GrievousOdyssey
1st Jan 2010, 01:41
That's downright ******* outrageous ! ...