PDA

View Full Version : KL Clan : Opening Soon

Flippy
29th Dec 2009, 15:39
When the first Kane and Lynch was released, a very successful clan was created called KL Clan. With the exciting anouncement of Kane and Lynch 2, we will relaunching it this January 2010! I will keep you informed on this thread on any developments, but created a strong link with Eidos from the previous game, and intend on making this the best KL Clan we have had. Register your interest by posting here!

One of Seven
29th Dec 2009, 15:48
Who's in it?

Flippy
29th Dec 2009, 15:51
It will be a relaunched version of the forum starting a-fresh for the latest KL game. Anyone can join at any time when it is open. We are looking for staff to help with it if you are interested.

One of Seven
29th Dec 2009, 15:54
I was just wondering if you had any members already, were they from the original Kane and Lynch: FA if so could you please tell me their names? Could help determine whether I join or not.

GrievousOdyssey
29th Dec 2009, 16:00
Why build a clan ? You're in the official / main forum of the game itself , what difference would this clan have over this forum ? ...

Flippy
29th Dec 2009, 16:56
It is easier to manage matches, and creates a more community feel. This forum is mainly for pointers and help about game, but a clan is about playing games with fellow people, with possible prizes etc!
One of Seven, we had 50 members before the crashdown. They were all from KL1 and joined our clan at the time with address klclan.freeforums.org, which collapsed a few months back. This will be new forum with new members.

GrievousOdyssey
29th Dec 2009, 17:07
Collapsed ? Jesus Christ , how the hell did that happened ? ...

Kent-45
30th Dec 2009, 02:39
I remember this clan.. are any of you KL Clan guys on Facebook?

Nick@IO
4th Jan 2010, 10:38
If you need anything from IO, let me know. This is a great initiative and I want to try to support you guys as much as possible! Obviously, we can't give you any money but maybe I can setup some 'kick the developer in the nuts' matches or similar (time differences and such permitting). Let me know what you think.

Bevacur
4th Jan 2010, 13:50
The Dead space dev team and Kane and Lynch dev team are officially the kindest and best devs ever!

dark_angel_7
4th Jan 2010, 16:02
Hope it goes well for you :thumbsup:

@Nick - What other things will Eidos/IOI be doing to help the Kane & Lynch community? Community support for Dead Men was bare-bones at best. What will you guys be doing to rectify that? I know you can't reveal all things but at least something you might be able to tell us. What about fan site owners, what do they get? I was thinking of setting up a K&L fan site for media of the two games but don't have much time. Maybe a perk or two for fan site owners would get a bigger fan base going :whistle:.

Kent-45
4th Jan 2010, 16:10
You know what, I'm gonna take some heat here... but the community relations have been really dead. I think it stems from the bigger issue of them not releasing any information for us to talk about.

The IOInteractive twitter has been silent, their last post was 2 days before christmas. I haven't gotten any Facebook posts either, but my settings are a bit weird so they may be talking and I'm not seeing it (although I doubt it)

Nick is probably the only guy that really stands out to me as someone that's trying to engage the community, and I commend him for that. I know you guys don't wanna hear this, but I'm calling it like I see it.

dark_angel_7
4th Jan 2010, 16:39
You know what, I'm gonna take some heat here... but the community relations have been really dead. I think it stems from the bigger issue of them not releasing any information for us to talk about.

The IOInteractive twitter has been silent, their last post was 2 days before christmas. I haven't gotten any Facebook posts either, but my settings are a bit weird so they may be talking and I'm not seeing it (although I doubt it)

Nick is probably the only guy that really stands out to me as someone that's trying to engage the community, and I commend him for that. I know you guys don't wanna hear this, but I'm calling it like I see it.

Most of us are demented mercenaries, when can we ever agree? :rasp:

On a serious note I understand why they aren't releasing information. We're hungry for more but games development and marketing just doesn't work like that for most games companies. I believe that they shouldn't overload us and so far they haven't so I am content as is. I will enjoy what they give us no doubt but I'm not in a hurry for it.

I just wish to know what community initiatives, support and perks we can expect for (if they've even planned any that is...). I know this is going to sound extremely rude of me but heres goes (it's not intended to be rude to the guys and gals at IOI though!) - I've been taking a lot of time to help the many, many people with technical issues on the Mini Ninjas Tech. Forum. It's disgraceful and really unhelpful that Eidos & IOI not only haven't even fixed previous bugs (USB Keyboard/Mouse issue from Dead Men anyone?) but new issues have also been left with no patch, no word from either company and no support what-so-ever from either company. Terrible. I have worked my butt off trying to help everyone I can (I compiled a list of helpful advice and links for troubled PC Mini Ninjas gamers, in a thread, which has been stickied thankfully) but I have not even heard a simple thank you. Not even that. Honestly, its not right to treat customers with no care for their technical troubles and not even thank the people who are going that extra 3 miles to help other gamers.

Acid_Burn
4th Jan 2010, 17:51
I think it stems from the bigger issue of them not releasing any information for us to talk about.
Oh no. They released a lot of info already for such a little time since the announcement. Or do you like the 'Tomb Raider Legend' case happened again? For those who don't know: Eidos released SO MUCH info on TRL, that playing it wasn't so fun as that should be. :( They try not to make the same mistakes again.

Um... if everyone is on their X-mas holidays, then why IO should work these days?

GrievousOdyssey
4th Jan 2010, 18:46
Agreed ...
Personally i think all they need is a lil bone to chew on from time to time ...

A few artworks would do ...
Or a piece of the original soundtrack from Dog Days ...

Or better yet , to defeat our 'boredom' *pulling a microphone out of nowhere then aiming it towards the gaming industry* Maybe The Rest Of The Video Game World Can Start Releasing Their Games NOW ! ...

(No , i will never forgive them for purposely 'delaying' a good dozen of titles because they were scared of facing Modern Warfare 2 : Nukes Not Included ... they were lucky video games weren't all that matters during the holiday season)...

Nick@IO
5th Jan 2010, 08:42
Hope it goes well for you :thumbsup:

@Nick - What other things will Eidos/IOI be doing to help the Kane & Lynch community? Community support for Dead Men was bare-bones at best. What will you guys be doing to rectify that? I know you can't reveal all things but at least something you might be able to tell us. What about fan site owners, what do they get? I was thinking of setting up a K&L fan site for media of the two games but don't have much time. Maybe a perk or two for fan site owners would get a bigger fan base going :whistle:.

We've got a bunch of different things going. I'm pushing hard to get a fansite kit done at the moment but I'm not entirely sure when it will be done, sadly. We're also going to do some specific community stuff and the full site will feature lots of stuff, hopefully also some exclusives for those who register and follow us. I may be able to drag some screens from people as well as some artwork and so on.

If fansite owners want to get exclusive interviews or assets, they can ask me and I'll see what I can do, of course, though I cannot make any promises. We have a couple of cool things coming up, which may or may not include a chance to get early hands-on of the game, and once the game hits the stores, I'll try to arrange some matches against the team, etc.

Obviously, any swag I can get my hands on will go out to those dedicated souls who run clans, fansites and so on. Just ask Acid Burn. He's got more stuff than he can wear even if the winters do get cold in the Ukraine... :)

Nick@IO
5th Jan 2010, 08:52

Well, I'm the guy who's hired to relate to you guys and try to get you more information and fun things. The social media outlets have been silent for two main reasons - one, I've been on paternity leave since November and as such no one's really been there to update things regularly and, two, it's been Christmas and we do try to give people some time off so as to not wear them down completely.

We're going to be releasing more information soon and more assets will also follw that information. As such, as absolutely soon I'm allowed to give you any information in advance, I will. We're slowly ramping up on the information flow and I will be able to share more things with you, including showing you some unreleased assets.

On a serious note I understand why they aren't releasing information. We're hungry for more but games development and marketing just doesn't work like that for most games companies. I believe that they shouldn't overload us and so far they haven't so I am content as is. I will enjoy what they give us no doubt but I'm not in a hurry for it.

I just wish to know what community initiatives, support and perks we can expect for (if they've even planned any that is...). I know this is going to sound extremely rude of me but heres goes (it's not intended to be rude to the guys and gals at IOI though!) - I've been taking a lot of time to help the many, many people with technical issues on the Mini Ninjas Tech. Forum. It's disgraceful and really unhelpful that Eidos & IOI not only haven't even fixed previous bugs (USB Keyboard/Mouse issue from Dead Men anyone?) but new issues have also been left with no patch, no word from either company and no support what-so-ever from either company. Terrible. I have worked my butt off trying to help everyone I can (I compiled a list of helpful advice and links for troubled PC Mini Ninjas gamers, in a thread, which has been stickied thankfully) but I have not even heard a simple thank you. Not even that. Honestly, its not right to treat customers with no care for their technical troubles and not even thank the people who are going that extra 3 miles to help other gamers.

See my other posts above for your comment on what you'll be getting.

Regarding your help on the Mini Ninjas forum, this is not only appreciated, it's ******* awesome. I'm very sorry no one has told you this earlier. Personally, I appreciate the work very much as this kind of information is pretty much invaluable and I am sure that a lot of the users who experience problems will be helped by the thread. I'm not entirely sure what is going on with the support department, honestly, as that is a publishing responsibility and IO really doesn't have anything at all to do with that.