PDA

View Full Version : if natla were to come back....

BlackThor
28th Dec 2009, 00:43
how could they deal with her. i mean after surviving a full on hit from thor's hammer i don't know what else if anything could kill her. but we do know that from the first game that the other two atlantean gods were in fact dead. i forget his name, but the first one you found with the first scion piece was sitting upright with his servants in his tomb. now what stuck out to me was why was he in that position. it's as if he went into his tomb knowing that he would die. so assuming that he did know i have surmised that he willingly went into his tomb to be ritually killed after the fall of the atlantean empire. as to what this ritual is i don't know. but i would like to see it involve amanda's wrath stone because i would love to see her again with some explanation to what that thing was.

and i know TR9 won't be anything like this. i was just thinking for future games past that

Bampire
28th Dec 2009, 02:27
Natla is an immortal Demi-god, but the hammer did not kill her. Just disfigured her features. She later on (In the DLC Lara's Shadow) you see Natla weakened and still alive. She asks the Doppleganger to destroy Lara and help her make her escape from the Underworld, along with going into hibernation; so-to-speak.

Doppleganger goes to Lara, Lara breaks the chain and let's the Doppleganger live free without the strings of Natla, or anyone else for that matter. She goes to pursue Natla, by destroying the machine and drowning Natla with the Etir. That ends the DLC.

AdobeArtist
28th Dec 2009, 04:01
If Nata returns... I am going to lose faith in Crystal Dynamics. The solution to any series longevity is NOT rehashing the same nemesis over and over again.

I mean that is such an old school cartoon cliche. You remember how Gi Joe beat Cobra? And then after they whomped their butts they went on to.... fight Cobra again. And again and again. It became so predictably routine.

And to really insult the viewers intelligence, every time the latest threat to world peace arises, you got someone on the Joe's asking "Who could be behind this diabolical plan?". Really? For such a well equipped military outfit comprised of the best of the best soldiers in the world, are you actually that dense???? IT'S COBRA!!! It was Cobra yesterday, it was Cobra the week before that, and it was Cobra the month before that. How many possibilities are there at this point to try and figure out the culprit behind diabloical plane #1738?? IT'S ALWAYS *BLEEPING* COBRA!!! They're the only enemy you have Joe's so stop playing guessing games already and track down their hidden base already like you did just last week!

Sorry I got carried away there :o

Bottom line; The Natla saga is concluded, and preserving that story as a good one can only be accomplished by leaving it in history, and moving on to newer adventures, with new adversaries that can challenge Lara in ways that Natla didn't.

----

On a tangent, this is as bad as all these requests to remake every past Core game (seen more than one poll on the subject). Now sure I did enjoy seeing the original game updated with all the polish and glimmer of modern technology. And that game alone deserved the royal treatment for being the landmark inaugural launch of a whole new series, and introducing the iconic heroin who captured the hearts of many gamers.

But anything beyond that point, to rehash Part 2, and then Part 3, and just rehashing all the prequels over again is admitting defeat. It's saying there's nowhere left for Lara to go and that her glory days are long behind her.

And I simply refuse to accept that. There is plenty of mythology still to explore, and by imagination of the creative team, plenty more new discoveries to make of previously unknown "truths" (within the context of the fiction) about ancient history, and how it connects with the modern world, to be unearthed.

So please my fellow gamers, can we just move on already?

:gamer::wave::flowers:

Ants_27_
28th Dec 2009, 09:29
If Natla where to come back....

I think I'd rather spend my money on other games or just not at all. It may seem a bit harsh but I don't want to keep spending money on a game that keeps bringing back the same characters and not adding anything to them.

Natla. Having an immortal character is good for a while but is like the twilight books, stupid. I mean not being able to die (or making them perfect) just makes you wonder what the point really is.

Now if CD came up with a concept similar to the horcruxes in Harry Potter then I may just be able to stomach it. The idea that you must destroy or compromise objects in order to make Natla mortal is somewhat more interesting and does add somewhat of a side story to the main story arch.

Most of this probably reads as a rant but I tend to lose interest when the idea of being immotrtal comes about.

Bampire
28th Dec 2009, 10:36
Natla. Having an immortal character is good for a while but is like the twilight books, stupid. I mean not being able to die (or making them perfect) just makes you wonder what the point really is.

I love you, for that. That statement is hilariously true.

Ants_27_
28th Dec 2009, 14:13
I love you, for that. That statement is hilariously true.

:rasp:

I was a bit harsh I think but still...:lol:

Natla
28th Dec 2009, 16:26
The character Natla is only "immortal" in the Crystal Dynamics games.

Ants_27_
28th Dec 2009, 18:17
The character Natla is only "immortal" in the Crystal Dynamics games.

Ah.

Either way, immortality is a product of writer not being able to kill off their characters without bringing them back.

Ok, maybe not but still a bad idea making characters immortal. Even Vamp dies, but he did have a reasonable reason why he was immortal.

This post is totally random and therefore should not be used to represent the views and or opinions of the members of the Eidos forum.:rasp: Sorry I'm just is a odd mood, neither a good nor bad one.

Natla_J
28th Dec 2009, 18:50
There can always be another villain but to be sure the hero is only as spectacular and amazing as the villain he or she fights.

Spider-Man vs bank robber - not so exciting - BUT vs Dr Octopus and you have something there.

In the original game it Natla isn't really the nemesis - she is just one evil genius bent on world domination - there are many of those. Natla used Lara to get the job done but that decision backfired as Lara turned on her.

If Natla returns in some other game she might have a vendetta against Lara but really if you were a Queen of a dead civilization with resources and knowledge - would you even bother including Lara in future plans? Best to keep it under wraps - lose ships sink ships. Be the reason behind the disaster but keep your head down.

She seems to have a soft spot for Lara - her cunning and drive seem to remind the Queen of herself - maybe. Perhaps she wants a daughter just like Lara but doesn't have the time to raise it or change diapers.

AdobeArtist
28th Dec 2009, 20:55
There can always be another villain but to be sure the hero is only as spectacular and amazing as the villain he or she fights.

Spider-Man vs bank robber - not so exciting - BUT vs Dr Octopus and you have something there.

And what makes it even better, is that Spiderman isn't limited to fighting just Dr Octopus. He has an expansive rogues gallery from which to be challenged - Green Goblin, Lizard, Electro, Sandman, Scorpion, Rhino, Kraven, The professor (his name escapes me now) and his Spider Slayers, Kingpin, and so much more than can be listed here.

A hero IS defined his/her adversaries. But the best examples have never been limited to just one. Batman and Superman being other prime examples.

Why should it be just Natla returning over again to threaten Lara? Lets see a fresh new concept for an adversary that will challenge Lara in new and different ways, whether that's physically or phsychologically.

chriss_99
28th Dec 2009, 22:40
For sure, Natla is, and probably will remain, the ultimate villain in TR history. All in all, it was nice to bring her back in Underworld, although I had some objections when I first heard the news.
She was killed many times and I believe she is finished for good. Bringing her back in any future TR would be rather pointless, but who knows... ;)

jayjay119
28th Dec 2009, 22:58
If Nata returns... I am going to lose faith in Crystal Dynamics. The solution to any series longevity is NOT rehashing the same nemesis over and over again.

I agree, if Natla were to return once again in the next TR game I would lose what expectations i still have for CD's story writing abilities. I mean we went 6 games returning without her then all of a sudden an entire story arc once again revolves around her... and not the best one. Seriously TR is not a comic series (well it is but that is beside the point) there is no need for a recurring nemesis, it was nice ti have her back but lets leave her (and every other antagonist from the past games in their graves.

Themarvin
29th Dec 2009, 00:47
No more Natla... it must end with this or it becomes too kliche... also be gone with those weapons of Gods and Legend for character use... we want Dual guns, Shotgun, High Caliber gun and Uzi's to be the prefered weapons of Lara... just showing my respect to the game as an individual.

_Love2Raid_
29th Dec 2009, 01:21
Natla won't come back, she's dead now. Thank you Doppelganger! :)

Ants_27_
29th Dec 2009, 09:54
I mean my point before about characters that are immortal make the plot pointless till stands, in my eyes. It's not just Natla because it applies to Lara and every other game character out there.

Croft Lara
29th Dec 2009, 10:01
if Natla were to come back.... I would gladly provide her with an exit strategy

dark7angel
29th Dec 2009, 14:50
No more Natla... it must end with this or it becomes too kliche... also be gone with those weapons of Gods and Legend for character use... we want Dual guns, Shotgun, High Caliber gun and Uzi's to be the prefered weapons of Lara... just showing my respect to the game as an individual.

I completely agree :thumb:

Natla
29th Dec 2009, 16:48
Why not bring "Natla" back as a goodie and Her Ladyship as a baddie? Now that would be interesting.

TRA_Abomination
30th Dec 2009, 20:09

I mean that is such an old school cartoon cliche. You remember how Gi Joe beat Cobra? And then after they whomped their butts they went on to.... fight Cobra again. And again and again. It became so predictably routine.

And to really insult the viewers intelligence, every time the latest threat to world peace arises, you got someone on the Joe's asking "Who could be behind this diabolical plan?". Really? For such a well equipped military outfit comprised of the best of the best soldiers in the world, are you actually that dense???? IT'S COBRA!!! It was Cobra yesterday, it was Cobra the week before that, and it was Cobra the month before that. How many possibilities are there at this point to try and figure out the culprit behind diabloical plane #1738?? IT'S ALWAYS *BLEEPING* COBRA!!! They're the only enemy you have Joe's so stop playing guessing games already and track down their hidden base already like you did just last week!

Sorry I got carried away there :o

Bottom line; The Natla saga is concluded, and preserving that story as a good one can only be accomplished by leaving it in history, and moving on to newer adventures, with new adversaries that can challenge Lara in ways that Natla didn't.

----

On a tangent, this is as bad as all these requests to remake every past Core game (seen more than one poll on the subject). Now sure I did enjoy seeing the original game updated with all the polish and glimmer of modern technology. And that game alone deserved the royal treatment for being the landmark inaugural launch of a whole new series, and introducing the iconic heroin who captured the hearts of many gamers.

But anything beyond that point, to rehash Part 2, and then Part 3, and just rehashing all the prequels over again is admitting defeat. It's saying there's nowhere left for Lara to go and that her glory days are long behind her.

And I simply refuse to accept that. There is plenty of mythology still to explore, and by imagination of the creative team, plenty more new discoveries to make of previously unknown "truths" (within the context of the fiction) about ancient history, and how it connects with the modern world, to be unearthed.

So please my fellow gamers, can we just move on already?

:gamer::wave::flowers:

This however does work in other series like Zelda (Ganondorf/Ganon), Mario (Bowser), or Resident Evil (Krauser), but I do agree that in Tomb Raider, Natla has just gotten annoying for some reason; I think because she just isn't challenging enough to beat (except in Anniversary, she was a bit tough, but definitely not in TR1 and much much less in Underworld).

JRod108
30th Dec 2009, 23:54
Never.

BlackThor
31st Dec 2009, 17:47
i just didn't like the way they ended things with natla in Underworld. i mean she killed your father and then basically made you her minion to try to save your mother who she knew was dead and all we give her is a quick smack with a hammer. i just would like some fantastical quest (and yes i actually said that :D) to find a way to kill her for good and give that character the send off she deserves.

also i played through the lara's shadow dlc and i still don't think she died in the etir or at least i hope not because that would be even dumber than being tapped by the hammer.

pinpal
31st Dec 2009, 20:45
she's not, natla was just a way to capitalize underworlds story. it was a way to make it epic, everybody was like OMG natla's back when you heard her voice in the trailer

redragon7324
31st Dec 2009, 21:17
you gotta remember the zelda games too