PDA

View Full Version : Where are the players?

Sigisfried
4th Mar 2014, 03:32
So, not sure if this game is just not even slightly popular, but there seems to be no one playing the closed beta. Just saying, maybe send out more keys to those who have signed up or something. Can't really test the game if you can't play it >.<

gzvirax
4th Mar 2014, 04:08
As someone without a key, I endorse this message.

Sylwia
4th Mar 2014, 14:33
People are writing posts about waiting for key for weeks.
Game is not popular and such behaviour is not good for it imo,
and if even people who have keys are not playing, that means nothing good about game.

Btw. Nosgoth dev should consider that people can always look for something else. I recently downloaded War Thunder (open beta). Playing it for hours - it's pretty awesome war flight simulator. If someone want a ref link wich will give some small bonus for a start in WT -> PM me (it gives me nothing, but everyone who will register from it will have +50 golden eagles). I'm downloading Smite game now (fresh game). Link where I found both games (nosgoth, smite, warthunder): http://www.mmofront.com/new-mmo
I am still looking for something that I will stick with for a longer time (MMO and/or FPS - only multiplayer) - PM me if you know or found any great game. I have read that Planetside 2 is good, and I'll try it later.

E: I forgot to add that the game I am looking for should be somehow fresh.
E2: changed "FPP" to "FPS" :) my fault

RainaAudron
4th Mar 2014, 14:50
Game is not popular and such behaviour is not good for it imo,
and if even people who have keys are not playing, that means nothing good about game.

Where did you get your data from? People are playing Nosgoth daily, usually in the evening and also there are more EU players than NA ones.

KoloXD
4th Mar 2014, 15:01
I can't see anyone either, doesn't matter what time it is. It only says that when i'm trying with matchmaking that it couldn't find any servers and gives me a link to server availability (which also doesn't show anything, just this text:
EUROPEAN CLOSED ALPHA TESTING SCHEDULE
Below is the schedule for closed alpha testing. If you have been selected to participate please ensure you are available at the designated times.
NORTH AMERICAN CLOSED ALPHA TESTING SCHEDULE
Below is the schedule for closed alpha testing. If you have been selected to participate please ensure you are available at the designated times. Nothing else.)

Sylwia
4th Mar 2014, 15:16
Where did you get your data from? People are playing Nosgoth daily, usually in the evening and also there are more EU players than NA ones.

Just try to read posts carefully and (maybe) you will find some sources..

lucinvampire
4th Mar 2014, 15:18
If you search for a Lobby and after a bit no one is joined – then click the Exit button wait about 30 seconds and click the Search again and it should put you into a new Lobby.

If you’re searching in the New Recruit section sometimes this takes longer to find a Lobby. If you move to TDM then you will pick up a Lobby a lot quicker but the testers can be awesomely good!

It can be quieter in the day – ‘cause people working/studying etc – in the evening it picks up. I played for 3 hours last night and my longest wait was about 5 minutes in between lobbies. I think I got about 8 games in.

I can't see anyone either, doesn't matter what time it is. It only says that when i'm trying with matchmaking that it couldn't find any servers and gives me a link to server availability (which also doesn't show anything, just this text:

This sounds like a bug, you are probably best to visit the access problems thread http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=10303&page=3 and inform them of your issue.

Just try to read posts carefully and (maybe) you will find some sources..

During Alpha there were not many keys available so the waits were longer, but since Beta there are a lot more players and the wait time has dropped considerably. The only ones I’ve seen to say that people who aren’t really playing are those with other engagements and/or are having technical difficulties…if you can point me to posts/threads that we've missed to show people aren't happy with the game then it will greatly help the Team out.

aimveinskull
4th Mar 2014, 18:38
Has there been any consideration of merging lobbies if the wait is too long? I know other on-line games that do this and it seems quite helpful. I have been in a lobby with 6/8 players waiting for a bit, when we could have been merged with a newly formed lobby that only had 2 players.

Sdoots
4th Mar 2014, 19:28
I didn't play during Alpha as much as I should have once it went 24/7, but I'm playing quite a bit now during the Beta phase. That said, there are some times it feels like the wait has taken at least 5 minutes still. Exiting near empty lobbies and re-searching typically finds a different one with more people, which isn't much of a solution, since the people in the lobby I just left are still stuck waiting. There's definitely some fine-tuning to be done to all of the matchmaking still, and getting more keys out into the wild couldn't hurt, either. I've got a handful of friends that I'd like to invite to play this, and I know for sure one of them would play it regularly.

Anyways, this isn't something I'd be worried about long-term. Nosgoth hasn't exactly been pushed by Square Enix much yet outside of a few videos, and some news sources are still referring to it as a MOBA. It's not a surprise that the player base is less than enormous at this point.

Orazz415
6th Mar 2014, 16:01
I don't understand is this game for like 20 people? I understand slowly sending out invites in parallel to advancing network infrastructure and servers, but this seems a little nuts? Are the Nosgoth servers only able to support like 100 people total at the moment? This just reminds me of Zoolander: "What is this?? A school for ants??" C'mon devs, what I'm seeing is something that resembles an INTERNAL beta test (super small population), since you guys claim it's not that, lets get this Closed Beta rolling - upgrade those servers and get some invites out??

Inteliguard
6th Mar 2014, 16:18
I just started playing this game today, but there were full lobbies of servers playing at 10am on a Thursday. So at least some people are playing. For the record, I like the game quite a bit.

RainaAudron
6th Mar 2014, 16:26
There is more than 1000 people currently in the Beta, more people are in the EU than in US. Usually people play during the evenings (I play like 4-5 games each night).

Ekrizeal
6th Mar 2014, 21:22
So, not sure if this game is just not even slightly popular, but there seems to be no one playing the closed beta. Just saying, maybe send out more keys to those who have signed up or something. Can't really test the game if you can't play it >.<

I would play this a-lot and fight you till the bitter end if I was given a key.

Just sayin...

I = Huge fan of LoK series - :(

Renzarae
7th Mar 2014, 16:46
Played 4 rounds about 4 hours ago. I was pretty surprised about how much players I saw compared to alpha.

Ekrizeal
7th Mar 2014, 19:10
I would play if I had a key.

hirukaru
7th Mar 2014, 19:14
I would play if I had a key.

Not giving my keys away all mine.
oow wait I dont have any only got my alpha access.

mastercombo
8th Mar 2014, 09:21
I'm still waiting for key sad time :(

Stromanous
8th Mar 2014, 10:37
another thing to take into account is that a lot of new beta testers have been having beta access problems which are now being corrected. i received an invite on the 27th, but could not actually play until the 5th. so many players who have already received an invite will be getting into the game properly now.

i played 3 new recruit matches tonight with very little wait time.

i also believe i have been in a lobby that was then merged with another lobby to make a full game, as the population jumped from 3/8 right up to 8/8 & the game started right away...can't confirm this, but they might already have lobby merging in the beta?

Heretic_13
18th Mar 2016, 16:25
Ok, what the heck? Since new update i wait for server for about 15-20 seconds or even less- hooray!- but at the same time i see there is about 4-5 players at the time waiting with me. And then we wait for hour and a half, so we can play for 20 minutes, because no one new is added to us... I never waited this long for new players with this game. And frankly- it`s killing it. I have 15 online friends(dunno how i managed get this much) at least three or four of them were usually in game at this hour. Now? Forget it. No one is there. Or they play different things. Maybe send them some mails, instructions, developers, because some of this people seemd to be giving up

Ygdrasel
18th Mar 2016, 18:36
Ok, what the heck? Since new update i wait for server for about 15-20 seconds or even less- hooray!- but at the same time i see there is about 4-5 players at the time waiting with me. And then we wait for hour and a half, so we can play for 20 minutes, because no one new is added to us... I never waited this long for new players with this game. And frankly- it`s killing it. I have 15 online friends(dunno how i managed get this much) at least three or four of them were usually in game at this hour. Now? Forget it. No one is there. Or they play different things. Maybe send them some mails, instructions, developers, because some of this people seemd to be giving up

The patch apparently scared people off.

Onyycz
19th Mar 2016, 15:37
Well .. i can confirm this crazy situation ... This was a great game back in the days, but now when i downloaded it, im deeply disapointed what happend with it.

To wait in hours long que ... are you serious? Is just EU dead or its world-wide???

Ygdrasel
19th Mar 2016, 16:24
Well .. i can confirm this crazy situation ... This was a great game back in the days, but now when i downloaded it, im deeply disapointed what happend with it.

To wait in hours long que ... are you serious? Is just EU dead or its world-wide???

Use the Any filter. Only way to get a match in relatively decent time.

Dracu-up
20th Mar 2016, 04:11
It's odd, at times the matches keep coming.

But at other times, it takes an inordinate amount of time to get a match going.

Lobbys fill to 5-7, and then players pop out, and others in at about the same time.

It's midnight here, and I have been trying to get a game since 1130.

I was able to start a match, though it promptly crashed. I tried to restart, though had to ctrl at del to end the process manually, and then restart.

I reloaded. Tried to finds a match, and then waited in an almost full lobby until now.

Players appear to be sparce.

Heretic_13
20th Mar 2016, 17:19
I would like to congratulate Developers. For mess up the game. Right in the middle of Leagues, right when more people came to play it. Bravo. Well done. This is art, not a mere well done job. I didn`t know someone could destroy thier own work so completly. Bugs, glitches crashes. Updates suppose to cure them, not create another ones, am i correct? Or maybe i should learn something new about this world and it`s rules?
And "helpful" advices like "check if you are running it as administrator", "try restarting computer", and "are you sure if you have updated windows?", on par with Windows Help: "you have problem with connecting to the internet? Have you tried turning computer ON? Or checked if your caberl is inserted?", are really getting on my nerve. I have been using Vista, on my laptop for 8 years- learned to run every thing as administrator, even on other computers, even if my PC has Windows 7. Anyway- Didn`t solve diddly squat, problems are still there
True, this is Beta. There suppose to be problems. But what? How can there be more problems now than before update??? It`s Sunday afternoon- week ago i had problems finding servers that weren`t full. Today? Forget about it.... Before update, aside fromn crashing now and then in Silenced Cathedral(memory leak) i had game that functioned very well for beta. Now i`m happy if i get to play one match per day, without seeing someone crash and end match in 60 seconds.
I`m no psychic, i am unable to predict when, or if the game will assing new players to server- put some counter below "Wiating for players", will ya? It won`t kill anybody, and we will at least have something to look forward to. I like Nosgoth title theme, but after hearing it 10 times in a row waiting for new players it`s starting to get old
A word of advice from a fan who would really hate this game go straight to crapper- if this is how updates will look lioke from now on, then please don`t update this game anymore
Now go ahead, call me "TOXIC" and "DEMANDING"

ParadoxicalOmen
20th Mar 2016, 17:51
From what was said...the patch broke the match-making (that's why its slower), and not the lack of players.

Ygdrasel
20th Mar 2016, 23:09
Bugs, glitches...Updates suppose to cure them, not create another ones...Or maybe i should learn something new about this world and it`s rules?

How can there be more problems now than before update???

Yes, you should learn something new. And that thing is that updates are not fluffy rainbow magic summoned up by dancing cotton candy unicorns. No, they're not supposed to create more problems but they will and it's ridiculous that you're so incredibly baffled by that concept. An update can, will and often does create more problems than it solves because we do not exist in an Eden and nothing is ideal. The reality of any game development is that new bugs and faults will arise for as long as you're updating or changing the code.

Roy644
21st Mar 2016, 08:16
Yes, you should learn something new. And that thing is that updates are not fluffy rainbow magic summoned up by dancing cotton candy unicorns. No, they're not supposed to create more problems but they will and it's ridiculous that you're so incredibly baffled by that concept. An update can, will and often does create more problems than it solves because we do not exist in an Eden and nothing is ideal. The reality of any game development is that new bugs and faults will arise for as long as you're updating or changing the code.

Completely true. But if I say to my boss "well... I must put a one-month delay on the completion of this piece of code to crush some huge bugs" and then give him a non-functional script, I will have a very very bad time.

There's a difference between adding a few bugs and completely break the party system, completely break the league system, and add an ability so OP that you actually can ask yourself if the devs themselves tested it... I'm okay with a few bugs, even more so when considering a beta game, but this patch was way beyond the "few bugs" limit.

It was annoying for me and my friends, but that won't prevent us from playing the game, we love it and play it since forever. But think about the new players that tested the game for the first time last week. A lot of those new players won't come back with the awful experience they must have had. And that's a shame for the game.

Heretic_13
21st Mar 2016, 10:42

Thank you for your imput. Pity it didn`t bring anything new to disscusion. As i did point, this is beta game, there suppose to be bugs, and i know it. But not the kind that will completly screw up the game

Completely true. But if I say to my boss "well... I must put a one-month delay on the completion of this piece of code to crush some huge bugs" and then give him a non-functional script, I will have a very very bad time.

There's a difference between adding a few bugs and completely break the party system, completely break the league system, and add an ability so OP that you actually can ask yourself if the devs themselves tested it... I'm okay with a few bugs, even more so when considering a beta game, but this patch was way beyond the "few bugs" limit.

It was annoying for me and my friends, but that won't prevent us from playing the game, we love it and play it since forever. But think about the new players that tested the game for the first time last week. A lot of those new players won't come back with the awful experience they must have had. And that's a shame for the game.

Yes. Thank you.

Roy644
21st Mar 2016, 11:06
Yes. Thank you.

You're welcome ^^ I'm not complaining for the sake of complaining. I feel like being indulgent for that kind of things will just make things worse. The playerbase is already too low to allow updates that will scare away people and make them angry. The update brought more people in, that's great, but issues need to be fixed ASAP to make them stay and actually enjoy the game.

A PvP team-based game where you can't play with your friends for an entire week because of a broken lobby system ? Come on... I just don't want to see this game simply die because of such idiotic reasons. We deserve a better treatment from the devs IMO, experienced players as well as newcomers.

Lavamancer
22nd Mar 2016, 20:50
Folks, let me try to guess what has happened - devs actually IMPROVED the matchmaking making it more skill based. Latter means it would actually be harder to find players for each match. Still, since of the patch, many more players should be in the game to compensate for the pairing rules. Something didn't work out...

The thing here, that this matchmaking stuff should have been fixed already 10 times.

Roy644
22nd Mar 2016, 21:10
Folks, let me try to guess what has happened - devs actually IMPROVED the matchmaking making it more skill based. Latter means it would actually be harder to find players for each match. Still, since of the patch, many more players should be in the game to compensate for the pairing rules. Something didn't work out...

The thing here, that this matchmaking stuff should have been fixed already 10 times.

I thought this could be an explanation too, but then I played some games... Same "me + 3 newcomers against people with 100+ hours wrecking fest" happened, and vice versa. Not just once, as many times as... well ever. So I can't even say "oooh it's for the best, we have balanced games now !"

Heretic_13
28th Mar 2016, 21:16
And this grey box that jumps every few matches, that informs me that there are problems witch matchmaking and i should check if my Square Enix accout is linked to my Steam account... Yes IT IS

SonixSquad
28th Mar 2016, 21:38
Where are the players?

Quite a thriving little community here:

http://Discord.me/Nosgoth

And the upcoming Fun Cup 2 signup page here:

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=188199