PDA

View Full Version : demo is choppy and slow, any advice?

munstyman
26th Dec 2009, 18:09
OK i did the compatibility thing and it says i am compatible and i downloaded the demo and all to play it and see how it works. The video in the beginning plays but the sound is really choppy, and the the game is lagging terribly, any idea what i can do to fix these issues? I am running an older system that is in serious need of upgrade but it says it meets and surpasses the minimum and i cant actually afford an upgrade

CPU
Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3500+
You Have: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
PASS

CPU Speed
Minimum: 3.0 GHz
You Have: 2.11 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.798 GHz
PASS

RAM
Minimum: XP = 1 GB, Vista = 2GB
You Have: 1.5 GB
PASS

OS
Minimum: Windows XP & Vista
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Build Service Pack 32600)
PASS

Video Card
Minimum: 128 MB 3D Graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon X1300 or better)
You Have: GeForce 6600
PASS
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 128 MB 512.0 MB
Hardware T&L Yes Yes
Pixel Shader version 3.0 3.0
Vertex Shader version 3.0 3.0

Beastie
27th Dec 2009, 00:29
just was wondering do you have physx turnd on?
if so turn it off and try it

LIGHTS
27th Dec 2009, 00:35
Go to Settings from the BMLauncher in your Binaries or wherever folder it's kept, and change the Detail Level to Low.

munstyman
27th Dec 2009, 18:09
ok checked that and the physx is already off, and the detail level is on low now, but now its locking up and not even trying to go past the game rating..

Kylo
27th Dec 2009, 18:12
Ok, i have the game on xbox 360 and i have no idea about the sound. So this was pointless posting this message.

johnnymac86
2nd Jan 2010, 02:59
I, too, am playing the demo. I have turned off physx & have the detail level on low & i still have problems with the graphics/movement being slow? any additional help, please?

cyborg34572
2nd Jan 2010, 04:53
@ tc

Ull have to open up the games launcher.exe and set everything to low.
Your computer passed everything in the minimum requirements but ull have to put everything on low for it to play fast and smooth enough. Turn everything off and put ur resolution to something like 1024x768. If its still slow after that then ur pc is just not powerful enough to play it any faster.

@ johnnymac86
turn graphics settings down, and if their at the absolute lowest and thegame is still slow, then ull need to upgrade ur pc to get better performance im afraid.

to add a little more fps (like 5 fps gain)
download a program called "gamebooster". With one click of a button itl turn off uneeded background tasks and services which will give u a little more fps.

johnnymac86
2nd Jan 2010, 06:04
@cyborg34572

Thx for the help. I just got my laptop this past summer, i don't think it should be the problem, though i tried again and it's still slow.

I set my graphics to 16-bit. I don't know if this was what i was supposed to do. And I have the game (demo) on low. Idk.

cyborg34572
2nd Jan 2010, 08:37
^
what is ur laptops video card? . Even new laptops can have integrated graphics chipsets, i fear that u might have one.

can u pls list ur laptop specs?

johnnymac86
2nd Jan 2010, 16:50
^
what is ur laptops video card? . Even new laptops can have integrated graphics chipsets, i fear that u might have one.

can u pls list ur laptop specs?

Um, I believe it's:

Mobile intel(R) 4 series express chipset family

I don't know if that's what you meant. I'm sorry, I'm a little slow at this.

cyborg34572
2nd Jan 2010, 17:22
^
If that is ur graphics processor then yes im afraid that would be an integrated graphics chipset and not a dedicated video card. They are designd to run simple apps and not heavy 3d games.That would explain why batman is being slow and choopy on ur laptop.

Im afraid there is also no way to somehow upgrade or put a video card into your laptop. Some laptop models allow the costumer to upgrade the video card in it, but thats only possible if the laptop had a dedicated video card installed in the first place, allowing costumers to have video card upgrades. (ex, Ati Mobility HD, Geforce M).

johnnymac86
2nd Jan 2010, 19:57
okay, well, thx for your help, cyborg34572. i also have a nvidia, but i dont think it's enough, but thx for trying.

johnnymac86
12th Jan 2010, 23:00
I know it's been over a week since my last reply and I don't know if this makes a different outcome, but when the short movies come on before the game starts, it streams normally and works. But again, I don't know if this changes everything.

Laptopnut
13th Jan 2010, 00:18
It won't change anything since playing video in game is pretty light on the resources compared to actually rendering 3D in real time. Your integrated graphics is the problem and you will find it won't play many other games either.

There are laptops that can play that game perfectly so if you are ever looking to get a new one in the future, be sure to ask us here before doing so Great forum (http://forum.notebookreview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)

Also you can get a cheap desktop that will play that game perfectly as well of course.

cyborg34572
13th Jan 2010, 00:28
I know it's been over a week since my last reply and I don't know if this makes a different outcome, but when the short movies come on before the game starts, it streams normally and works. But again, I don't know if this changes everything.

Their just cutscenes/clips, so yeah theyll play just fine on any low end graphics processor.(like playing a movie) But when it comes to rendering the games graphics in realtime , that takes alot of video processing power which ur integrated graphics chipset cannot provide.