PDA

View Full Version : Put In Sonar Next Time

Bionicicide
24th Dec 2009, 23:36
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6692/batmansonar001a.jpg

1. Sonar means a radial pulse emanates from Batman every 6 seconds (purchase upgrade to decrease pulse time).

2. Enemies only show up as silhouettes as their "last known position" until the new pulse hits their new position. This balances players abusing 'detective mode' as a "legal wall hack" (heh).

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/7920/batmansonar001b.jpg

3. For the 5% of the game the has Batman tracking molecules, just make it so you hold down the sonar button for 2 seconds so you can see the molecules without any color filter from Arkham Asylum.

LIGHTS
24th Dec 2009, 23:52
Welcome to the forums. :) And great idea.

The Jedi Guardian
25th Dec 2009, 04:51
Good idea, but think about this

Detective mode is better because the technology is updated and can see everything like a video camera

The pulses is a really good idea, and I like it

But the detective mode is like a fully upgraded version

Pulse would be a good idea if it was done in the first game

Good thinking

Scarn
25th Dec 2009, 07:03
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6692/batmansonar001a.jpg

1. Sonar means a radial pulse emanates from Batman every 6 seconds (purchase upgrade to decrease pulse time).

2. Enemies only show up as silhouettes as their "last known position" until the new pulse hits their new position. This balances players abusing 'detective mode' as a "legal wall hack" (heh).

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/7920/batmansonar001b.jpg

3. For the 5% of the game the has Batman tracking molecules, just make it so you hold down the sonar button for 2 seconds so you can see the molecules without any color filter from Arkham Asylum.

I really like this i dea hope they use it. can you make the first pic a little bigger?

supermanslayer
25th Dec 2009, 16:18
i wonder how this would effectively work in a open setting, city.

thereisnoeleven
25th Dec 2009, 16:29
While detective mode was awesome, it made things a little too easy with it's x-ray abilities, I'm all for a more sonar based system, something that wouldn't let me see through walls and know exactly where everbody is at all times. And maybe alternate vision modes like night vision and thermal for low light conditions etc.

Also less dependance on the alternate vision mode, in general, which sonar as depicted in the altered screenshot would achieve as it doesn't look too nice or useful outside of spotting enemy locations. While tec vision is cool, aside from the aforementioned cheapness of it, the game was far too beautiful without it yet i found myself using it a good 75% of the time on my first playthough, between the forced sections to track trails and hunting Riddler's challenges.

SSJGoku786
25th Dec 2009, 17:24
How would they explain why Batman decided to downgrade his detective vision in the next game?
Apart from "it was damaged." Since, you'll probably get to go to the Batcave and there's no reason why he can't sort it out there.

I do like the idea, however.

thereisnoeleven
25th Dec 2009, 18:28
Why do they nerf anything in sequels? Because it was too much. If it's better for the gameplay I honestly don't care about explanations and such.

supermanslayer
27th Dec 2009, 22:14
How would they explain why Batman decided to downgrade his detective vision in the next game?

maybe they could only implement this in hard mode. or it could just get smashed and thus not working properly regardless, i 'm really starting to enjoy the possibilities of this, challenges are always good. :thumb:

SSJGoku786
28th Dec 2009, 00:43
maybe they could only implement this in hard mode. or it could just get smashed and thus not working properly regardless, i 'm really starting to enjoy the possibilities of this, challenges are always good. :thumb:

But, if it does become damaged and we get to visit the Batcave, then why wouldn't Batman just quickly change? It wouldn't make sense for him to deliberately choose to be disadvantaged.
I'm not against the idea, but that would seem odd. Unless you just don't go to the Batcave. In which case, I'm guessing some people would be annoyed about it.

LIGHTS
28th Dec 2009, 01:15
I just realized this was like the last part of the Dark Knight. Anywho, put in ManBat since he reacts to Sonar.

Bionicicide
28th Dec 2009, 11:58
Glad to read the feedback of everyone and as far as explaining a downgrade, I just assumed players would understand the need to nerf the detective mode without an explanation. BUT! Maybe at the beginning of the sequel, Batman gets a hardy blast that destroyed most of his gadgets with a mini-EMP shockwave (I assume we're not going to get all the gadgets we got in B:AA in the first hour) so he returns to his batcave to recover meanwhile the Joker escapes and Batman has little time to react and takes out the sonar gadget out of storage.

Though I'd rather show the developers the community outcry for a nerf and then let the developers explain since I don't want to seem like someone who wants to tell the developers how to do their job and get ignored because of it.

Anywho, put in ManBat since he reacts to Sonar.
That would be cool to see them try a boss battle that involves using sonar tactically against Man-Bat's sensitive ears. And before the boss battle, Man-Bat could be harassing Batman while flying above the city's streets and alleyways and Batman uses sonar to chase/scare him?

supermanslayer
28th Dec 2009, 19:47
That would be cool to see them try a boss battle that involves using sonar tactically against Man-Bat's sensitive ears. And before the boss battle, Man-Bat could be harassing Batman while flying above the city's streets and alleyways and Batman uses sonar to chase/scare him?

or maybe man bat can kick batman off a roof and as a result of the fall his detective mode becomes damaged forcing the player to fight man bat with the sonar effect, once the fight is done you can go back to the cave to fix it.

it would be really cool to at least have it for one fight.

Bruce-Wayne
28th Dec 2009, 20:17
they should balance it u could use sonar but when a charge meter fills you could zoom and move the camera anywhere in the map for a short period of time like in dark knight