PDA

View Full Version : Looking for assistance.

LeJosh
23rd Dec 2009, 21:05
Hello, I bought Batman: Arkham Asylum today using Steam today. I've fully downloaded and updated it. I seem to be getting a Microsoft .NET Framework problem not allowing me to run the Launcher properly.

And also when I try to run the game without steam it can't find the files necassary.

My system is - E5300; HD4850; Corsair XMS3 RAM. Etc.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.
at BmLauncherLib.PhysXSDK.{ctor}(PhysXSDK* )
at BmLauncherUtils.PhysXSDK..ctor()
at BmLauncher.Settings.DetermineDefaultPhysXLevel()
at BmLauncher.Settings.StaticInitialise(IniFile iniFile, IniFile iniEng, IniFile iniInst, SystemInfo sysInfo, String localePath, String localeConfigFile)
at BmLauncher.Form1.Initialise()
at BmLauncher.Form1.OnLoad(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Anyone know how I can resolve this issue please?

LeJosh
24th Dec 2009, 10:52
well I got into batman but now none of my keyboard keys are binded and nowhere is letting me change them... such a silly system.

Nemesis296
24th Dec 2009, 13:42
You should be able to change your keybindings with the launcher (it doesn't run by just loading the game). On Vista, if you open the Games folder and right click the B:AA icon, choose Run Launcher. On XP it's in /Program Files/Eidos Games/Batman: Arkham Asylum/Bin/BmLauncher.exe

You should be able to tweak the keys to your liking there. Also, just in case you weren't aware, Windows Messenger will eat up the keyboard buffer when running the game so make sure you close this down before trying to play it. Hopefully it all works out for ya! :)

IsItWorthIt
24th Dec 2009, 15:34
Good luck getting support! I received a download coupon from Nvidia. DL/ed from Steam, started getting the .NET errors, messed with it, and finally got a registration screen. Registered, but still get the errors. Found a README file describing the error and a fix (located in the SUPPORT folder), Unfortuneately it is located on the commercial version DVD. This folder is not included with the downloaded files. I contacted Steam and they say contact third part support. I contacted Eidos and asked about the folder, and they toldl me to contact Steam, because the use a different download service!