PDA

View Full Version : Batman 2 shadow system needs to be implemented

MACGRUBER
22nd Dec 2009, 05:56
I loved arkham asylum but one of my biggest dissapointments was the fact that you were never able to actually hide in the shadows. I really wanted to see something like splintercell but I understand that would have been really hard to implement might not have even been possible. What do you guys think do you want a shadow hiding system like splintercell in the sequel.

angelgonzalez79
22nd Dec 2009, 15:23
Definately! That is a must

warvibe24
22nd Dec 2009, 15:27
You know what i was thinking the same thing.

Scarn
22nd Dec 2009, 15:58
they need to add the ability to hide in the shadows and you should be able to upgrade the silent takedown so that you can drag a henchmen in to a corner while you are doing the takedown. also I hope that they get rid or the stiff walking its not realistic. it should be that if batman is in a room with 6 guys with guns that he walks half crouched but if batman is not in said room he could walk normally. And I want the ability to knock guns out of enemy hands.

Batman The Trailer Hunter
22nd Dec 2009, 16:19
I think it could be somthing like in TDK before he interogates Joker how he is standing their the entire time and stuff and suddenly BAM! ITs BATMAN!

stubs182
22nd Dec 2009, 17:10
Yes, this is a good suggestion. I would love if the sequel was a lot stealthier

LIGHTS
22nd Dec 2009, 20:16
Yup. And make enemies a lot more tougher. My adrenaline rushed when I thought a goon that approached me - I could've sworn they saw Batman's shadow but no, they're not looking at the ground or analyzing the entire area?

batmanboy11
24th Dec 2009, 03:04
I loved arkham asylum but one of my biggest dissapointments was the fact that you were never able to actually hide in the shadows. I really wanted to see something like splintercell but I understand that would have been really hard to implement might not have even been possible. What do you guys think do you want a shadow hiding system like splintercell in the sequel.

:thumb: It could be like the "last known position" gameplay mechanic in Splinter Cell: Conviction, if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

Scarn
24th Dec 2009, 03:09
:thumb: It could be like the "last known position" gameplay mechanic in Splinter Cell: Conviction, if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

can you explain please

batmanboy11
24th Dec 2009, 03:31
can you explain please

This video explains starting at 3:36:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqyaEUekT4U

ohkay
24th Dec 2009, 10:46
That and smoke bombs! I think I remember him using those in B:TAS or something?

LIGHTS
24th Dec 2009, 15:24
That and smoke bombs! I think I remember him using those in B:TAS or something?

Batman always carried smoke pellets, and whatever gas bombs like tear gas and knock-out gas.

kalle90
25th Dec 2009, 11:26

That looks horribly useless. AA and older Splinter Cells used it already "There he is!". Now they just made it a "groundbreaking feature" for marketing reasons.

I'd much prefer deeper old Splinter Cell style stealth.

The_Hylden
25th Dec 2009, 11:46
Batarangs disarming gunned thugs, like we see Batman always do in TAS and the comics, smoke bombs, shadow work -- better disarming moves close combat -- and the croutching, silent momvent in a room full of thugs. I love it. Keep the way the thugs react to Batman doing stuff, but just make them react a bit faster. I think i was sometimes checking out wating for them to actually check out something they heard... They had to group up, stand there, and a minute, or so, later, they'd actually start heading for it, lol. Anyway, all has room for improvement :) Good ideas thus far. I think that the cape covering Batman like a cloak more will add more to it all as well.

We Are The Archers
25th Dec 2009, 14:54
Batarangs disarming gunned thugs, like we see Batman always do in TAS and the comics, smoke bombs, shadow work -- better disarming moves close combat -- and the croutching, silent momvent in a room full of thugs. I love it. Keep the way the thugs react to Batman doing stuff, but just make them react a bit faster. I think i was sometimes checking out wating for them to actually check out something they heard... They had to group up, stand there, and a minute, or so, later, they'd actually start heading for it, lol. Anyway, all has room for improvement :) Good ideas thus far. I think that the cape covering Batman like a cloak more will add more to it all as well.

Yeah I really want his cape to really cover him when he stands still, and when he walks it kinda parts and stays on his shoulders (like when Batman is walking in the graveyard in Mask of the Phantasm.) There is a thread about what I'm talking about.

And I DEFINITELY want more use of shadows, that was the only missing gameplay element. Smoke bombs are very Batman-ish too and can really come in handy. I hated that the only way to lose the goons was swinging around...I don't think that would fool many people in real life :p

LIGHTS
25th Dec 2009, 16:45
I hated that the only way to lose the goons was swinging around...I don't think that would fool many people in real life :p

Actually, up there was pretty dark so swinging around could pretty much lose them. But yeah, in reality I doubt it could fool anybody. :o

supermanslayer
27th Dec 2009, 22:37
the only problem, i found with this game was the fact that batman couldnt through his batarangs to destroy lights, which would have enveloped the area in a blanket of darkness, which is so batman.

i felt that as much as the first game was amazing, and it still remains as my favourite game i've ever played, the developers abandoned a few key elements that make batman just so cool, and that we were all pretty much expecting to be standard and taboo in the game like

bolas,
the melting in to the shadows effect,
gas pellets,
the ability to destroy all lights in the area,

i just hope that they will implement these in the next game in addition to what is already available.

Bionicicide
28th Dec 2009, 13:40
If they do a shadow system, I wouldn't mind if they copied SC: Conviction's shadow system (screen desaturates showing how cloaked you are and only enemies and interactive objects retain color).

Yabab
31st Dec 2009, 01:00
I think that's a great call, really see this as a natural evolution of the gameplay elements. Since you mentioned Splinter Cell, I must say that Chaos Theory's system of sound and light was the best and should be used as a base if possible. I don't mind having huds and meters and counter since batman probably has all that in his suit anyway. I mean he has an electroshock discharge in his cowl is somebody tries to take it off (Hush story arc).

LIGHTS
31st Dec 2009, 01:05
A lot of references from Splinter Cell mentioned here, haha.

Yabab
31st Dec 2009, 01:15
A lot of references from Splinter Cell mentioned here, haha.

True, maybe because we're talking stealth here and it's a game that has lots of it. Although it's been a while since a good one came out. Last great one was Chaos Theory.

MKBat
31st Dec 2009, 04:49
the only problem, i found with this game was the fact that batman couldnt through his batarangs to destroy lights, which would have enveloped the area in a blanket of darkness, which is so batman.

i felt that as much as the first game was amazing, and it still remains as my favourite game i've ever played, the developers abandoned a few key elements that make batman just so cool, and that we were all pretty much expecting to be standard and taboo in the game like

bolas,
the melting in to the shadows effect,
gas pellets,
the ability to destroy all lights in the area,

i just hope that they will implement these in the next game in addition to what is already available.
I agree totally,also batman needs to be faster and alot more acrobatic when running away from gunfire. I would like to see some wall jumps and Batman being just plain have more agile then that guy from assasins creed