PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Evolved Turelim Skin

Razaiim
3rd Mar 2014, 20:41
So I really like the throwback to LoK with the elder Tyrant skin it looks very good. However I have a couple concerns with implementing do to the fact that the design has a much leaner and slimmer silhouette compared to the current fledgling skins, notable in the mid section, and somewhat in the shoulders. I feel like it would translate poorly on to the existing Tyrant mesh because of this difference, and would look overly bloated, so I am concerned about using a new mesh with different proportions as the new skin is no longer purely cosmetic, as it does have minor changes, and the smaller midsection makes it harder to hit.

Edit: looking at the picture in more detail, and his butt looks kinda squished upwards. Kinda amusing and odd looking.

DeputyPotato
3rd Mar 2014, 21:07
Edit: looking at the picture in more detail, and his butt looks kinda squished upwards. Kinda amusing and odd looking.

Only thing I can say is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reTx5sqvVJ4 I think he has a rather fabulous butt :p

RainaAudron
3rd Mar 2014, 21:11
Why is that a concern? He is a bit of a lighter build, but they wouldn´t make this skin if it wouldn´t work in the game right.
I like his ass too :rasp: :D

Razaiim
3rd Mar 2014, 21:21
Why is that a concern? He is a bit of a lighter build, but they wouldn´t make this skin if it wouldn´t work in the game right.
Sorry If I wasn't very clear in my rambling.

I'm voicing a concern about implementing the skin to match the current mesh, which would ruin the effect of these elder skins especially considering how bloated the fledgling tyrant looks, vs. creating a new mesh that causes the skin to no longer be cosmetic, but indeed has an in game effect, regardless of how minor.

I'm sure Psyonix is aware of this with out needing to be stated and has some clever way to resolve this, just as they are aware of gameplay issues without them needing to be stated, but I still felt it was worth mentioning is all.

RainaAudron
3rd Mar 2014, 21:29
I think the model itself has been modified.

Razaiim
3rd Mar 2014, 21:31
Meaning that the skin does indeed have a minor gameplay impact, as Psyonix is using mesh/model detection instead of hitboxes, if I understand properly.

Khalith
4th Mar 2014, 00:33
I really like the looks of it, I can tell the inspiration for it immediately. I just really want a bald version of it though.