PDA

View Full Version : Freak Storm in Gotham

door noob
21st Dec 2009, 19:41
Several Articles about this are scattered through out Arkham about this incident. However this storm has yet to occure. Nothing in the game resembled the freak storm aside from the rain pouring at the begining cut-scene, if the storm has happened, then the side effects have yet to happen.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8074/picture00.jpg

In this Braking News the Mayor requests an evacuation of the city much like in cataclysm people evacuated the city. And since the sequel is being compared to Batman Cataclysm (i.e. gametrailers video) the freak storm could be this catastorophic event instead of the earthquake. The storm might eventually lead up to riots, fights, gang wars, seperation of sections of the city, ect...

As you may notice there is a "freak" of some sort in the picture of this article, this could be a new model of thugs for the villains that batman might face. The thug appears to be holding a gun and there appears to be some sort of mask on his face that the knif weilding thugs had in B AA 1 or possibly a gas mask. What could have cause this to happen, gang war, riots? What if this freak storm is the cause of the segregation of parts of the city in B AA2? Since no major news about the storm were released during the first game something will eventually happen with it, Rocksteady put that article there for a reason. It's just interesting to see what will be the result of this Freak Storm if Rocksteady continues with it.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9376/picture0080.jpg

There appears to be a message written bellow the picture I can't appear to make it out. You can view the message clearer at the Arkham Penitentary, it's scattered all over the floor in certain areas, right before you enter the room with Harley Quinn's and Mr. Freezes holding cells is one area.

What are your thoughts about this "Freak Storm"?

EliteF50
21st Dec 2009, 19:52
I hope it offers some crazy game-play mechanics during the Gotham City parts of the game.

door noob
21st Dec 2009, 19:54
Witness Batman getting wet in the rain! Catwoman aswell :p

Riddling Artist
21st Dec 2009, 19:54
wait... so this is something from the first game?

KillerCroc
21st Dec 2009, 19:55
Witness Batman getting wet in the rain! Catwoman aswell :p Harley Quinn is wearing a lot of white...:rolleyes:

door noob
21st Dec 2009, 19:56
@Riddling Artist
Yes, these articles are scatered all over the penitentary, it might be a possible clue towards possible events in future Batman games that rocksteady makes.

door noob
21st Dec 2009, 20:33
There is also this article, probabilly not as importnat, but it was still there -

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/8726/picture0081.jpg

Nightwing
21st Dec 2009, 20:49
Harley Quinn is wearing a lot of white...:rolleyes:

And so it goes.... B:AA2 will have a new style of challenge room: The wet t-shirt competition. :D

thedarknight2016
21st Dec 2009, 22:45
lol Maybe its weather master (just joking) . i know a hes a flash villian but still it wouldd be a intersting fight

KillerCroc
21st Dec 2009, 22:47
lol Maybe its weather master (just joking) . i know a hes a flash villian but still it wouldd be a intersting fight Mysterio was mainly a Spider-Man villain but is more of a Daredevil villain nowadays. So I don't see why not.

The jackhammer
21st Dec 2009, 23:00
Mysterio was mainly a Spider-Man villain but is more of a Daredevil villain nowadays. So I don't see why not.

rey mysterio is a luchadore wrestler.....im just saying. :D

supermanslayer
21st Dec 2009, 23:12
very insightful, i believe that this is very plausible as the developers like to give hints on what to expect next, also if were analyzing articles then that would suggest that Prometheus and firefly might be in the next game, i betting that we will see freeze as well.

TheCluemaster
21st Dec 2009, 23:45
There is also this article, probabilly not as importnat, but it was still there -

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/8726/picture0081.jpg

Is that the contest winner and the guy in the room with Clayface?

door noob
22nd Dec 2009, 03:44
No, it's someone else. ^

A Dark Hunter
22nd Dec 2009, 05:15

It looks like Gordon to me...

TheCluemaster
22nd Dec 2009, 06:37
It must be Drazar then.

mwkcope
22nd Dec 2009, 07:50
Yeah I thought it looked like Gary Oldman too...

stubs182
22nd Dec 2009, 10:57
I doubt the whole storm thing is gonna play into the sequel, it was probably just to add atmosphere

warvibe24
22nd Dec 2009, 15:38
Nice catch.

door noob
22nd Dec 2009, 17:28
I doubt the whole storm thing is gonna play into the sequel, it was probably just to add atmosphere

What about the picture of the gun weilding "thug," whats the reason for that?

stubs182
22nd Dec 2009, 18:07
Its just a generic picture

Clown Prince Of Crime
22nd Dec 2009, 19:00
It's an interesting theory, and one that makes sense. Good observation :)

door noob
22nd Dec 2009, 19:14

Its just a generic picture

But don't you think there is more to the freak storm then just rain and thunder. By more I mean panics and riots ergo the picture, and that it should be explained further in depth toward why that's happening?

Hugo_Strange
22nd Dec 2009, 19:18
I was hoping this would play a part in the sequel. After seeing the newspaper all around Arkham, I would expect it to be somewhat important in the next game.

It may either be this, the earthquake from No Man's Land or both. There could be flooded areas and power outages as well.

door noob
22nd Dec 2009, 19:20
It may either be this, the earthquake from No Man's Land or both. There could be flooded areas and power outages as well.

Exactly, therefore this would lead up to riots and the sectioned off parts of the city.

batmanboy11
22nd Dec 2009, 19:52
I never thought about that. Interesting idea.

door noob
22nd Dec 2009, 19:59

mwkcope
22nd Dec 2009, 20:18
Yeah.Also,is that the new gates in the background?

door noob
22nd Dec 2009, 21:46
I don't know, but I doubt it. ^

stubs182
23rd Dec 2009, 09:58

But don't you think there is more to the freak storm then just rain and thunder. By more I mean panics and riots ergo the picture, and that it should be explained further in depth toward why that's happening?

Yeah,or its just completley random and they were just paying attention to detail. The newspaper could have read anything it doesnt make much difference because it doesnt really mean anything

door noob
24th Dec 2009, 07:21
Time to go and decipher the text under the picture, which infact is readable and not complete giberish, so far. :p

kain9998
26th Dec 2009, 19:33

Didn't Gordon say something like "We finally got you." or something along those lines to Joker in The Dark Knight?

Hugo_Strange
27th Dec 2009, 02:34
Yeah,or its just completley random and they were just paying attention to detail. The newspaper could have read anything it doesnt make much difference because it doesnt really mean anything

Lol.