PDA

View Full Version : What do you think or how would you want the game's first scene be like ? ...

GrievousOdyssey
19th Dec 2009, 21:50
Dead Men begins with a bustout where a truck hits a van in the streets , similar to a scene from Michael Mann's "Heat" ...

And now for Dog Days ...
You all seen Michael Mann's "Collateral" , right ? ...
Well imagine Agent 47 in Jason Statham's role and Kane , like Vincent , arrives at the airport at the beginning ...

That way both 47's and Mann's fans will be happy ...

ohitspatty
19th Dec 2009, 22:06
Interesting. I like that but I think that the game should start out with a serious shoot-out lol

TheMoD
19th Dec 2009, 22:22
Do we actually know for sure that we're ONLY gonna play Lynch from start to finish? Because otherwise I think it would be terrific if the game started off with that shootout we see in the trailer...

ohitspatty
19th Dec 2009, 22:26
I was thinking same thing but now...that makes us wonder what will Player number two do? Wake up, take a piss, stare at empty bottle of pills?

However, I'd love to play that shoot-out. It seems like it would be fast paced, hard-boiled action.

Bawabus
19th Dec 2009, 22:43
I don't know under what circumstances they are meeting; I can only speculate. Maybe a chase scene with little shooting while the men try to lose Kane's heat so that they can settle down somewhat and get to the dirty deeds they're intending upon accomplishing? It could be pretty tense.

One of Seven
20th Dec 2009, 00:09
I want to run naked down the streets of Shanghai.

GrievousOdyssey
20th Dec 2009, 03:33
I believe that would be for the Third level , sir ...

ohitspatty
20th Dec 2009, 04:17
Is just me or what...but I really don't want a level where you have two old farts running naked. Honestly, it loses the dark and gritty seriousness that first game had.

One of Seven
20th Dec 2009, 04:55
I believe that would be for the Third level , sir ...

Hey man, what did I tell you about hanging around here?

Bawabus
20th Dec 2009, 06:59
Is just me or what...but I really don't want a level where you have two old farts running naked. Honestly, it loses the dark and gritty seriousness that first game had.

I dunno about that. The circumstances they described are definitely rather pulpy, but I think the idea of the scene is interesting. Removing your weapons and clothing--literally everything between you and the enemy--and then having you get chased by men with guns and dogs is an extremely effective way of making you feel vulnerable (depending on how well its done, of course).

Have you ever seen Eastern Promises? If you have, you'll know what I mean.
That scene was HARD. TO. WATCH.

One of Seven
20th Dec 2009, 07:10
I dunno about that. The circumstances they described are definitely rather pulpy, but I think the idea of the scene is interesting. Removing your weapons and clothing--literally everything between you and the enemy--and then having you get chased by men with guns and dogs is an extremely effective way of making you feel vulnerable (depending on how well its done, of course).

Have you ever seen Eastern Promises? If you have, you'll know what I mean.
That scene was HARD. TO. WATCH.

(POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

What Viggo fighting naked? It wasn't hard to watch, I think it's cool in Kane and Lynch because it shows their desire to live, survival mode has kicked in. It shows the characters constantly being pushed and them fighting back no matter what the situation is.

GrievousOdyssey
20th Dec 2009, 13:07
Nah i think he was talking about the scene with all the crazy tattoos ...

Anywya let's try not to get this topic into another "naked level" discussion ...
Unless you all really want that to be the first level ...
(kind of think of it , you start off naked , then with each level you get one more piece of clothing until the end where you're fully suited up ... it's like The Sands of Time ... but in reverse ... Marvelous) ...

One of Seven
20th Dec 2009, 13:11
Or it could be like Ghosts and Goblins where you pick armor (in this case clothing) for protection......................

S.T.A.L.K.E.R
20th Dec 2009, 15:55
Protection from what? Zee Germans?

Well its probably gonna be way off the mark but I'd like it if the beginning was once again narrated by Kane. I have two ideas for this. first it could be like the Max Payne opening where he talks about how he got into this whole mess. (if you haven't played the game I HIGHLY recommend it. along with Kane and Lynch it has an amazing story. the narrations by the main characters are top quality and the game play is awesome as well)

my second idea would be him sitting next to the gravestone of his wife and daughter while reading his messages to her. its probably been done before thought. however im pretty sure that IOI is gonna use the camera gimmick in their intro so im still thinking about a beginning that would involve that. the only way I see it is if they start with a shootout.

vaultbreaker
20th Dec 2009, 17:37
hey...im a new guy.
I thought the game would start out with us playing as lynch as he goes to the grocery store and then to a bank where he takes out some money under a fake name. he gets some gas and then goes home where his new girlfriend is sleeping. the phone rings and it's kane on the other line talking quick and frantic saying that he's coming to town. lynch still not knowing how he got a hold of him is left staring at the t.v as it broadcasts news on a recent robbery and shootout in europe. then as lynch realizes his peaceful time is up, the title booms onto the screen.

...least thats how i'd do it.

GrievousOdyssey
20th Dec 2009, 17:45
Or both ...
The action on screen is a montage of all the shootouts that Kane's been through ...
But all the audio you can hear is his voice as he makes a narration , once again ...

@vaultbreaker ...
Not bad , but i think it's a bit 'banal' to be a intro for Kane & Lynch ...
Need to visualize it first ...

vaultbreaker
20th Dec 2009, 17:48
I guess so, i think it would catch most people off guard the beginning of the game being calm and getting some images of where the game will begin to take place.

Bawabus
20th Dec 2009, 19:52
(POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

What Viggo fighting naked? It wasn't hard to watch, I think it's cool in Kane and Lynch because it shows their desire to live, survival mode has kicked in. It shows the characters constantly being pushed and them fighting back no matter what the situation is.

I didn't mean it was a bad scene. I just meant it made me cringe, because he was so vulnerable. And I think it could be done well in Kane and Lynch 2 as well.

Hugo_Strange
20th Dec 2009, 23:52
hey...im a new guy.
I thought the game would start out with us playing as lynch as he goes to the grocery store and then to a bank where he takes out some money under a fake name. he gets some gas and then goes home where his new girlfriend is sleeping. the phone rings and it's kane on the other line talking quick and frantic saying that he's coming to town. lynch still not knowing how he got a hold of him is left staring at the t.v as it broadcasts news on a recent robbery and shootout in europe. then as lynch realizes his peaceful time is up, the title booms onto the screen.

...least thats how i'd do it.

I like this. Some random controllable flashbacks to shootouts from the first game/yet unseen shootouts interspersed throughout relatively calm scenes could make it truly awesome.

vaultbreaker
21st Dec 2009, 05:43
thank you, seems more movie like it does.

VitalDemon
21st Dec 2009, 07:40
I think the 47 idea should be a level but not the starting scene, It would be sick to see 47, kane and lynch going after the same target