PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Future Guide: Nosgoth goes Twitch

hirukaru
3rd Mar 2014, 16:08
First of all welcome to the guide "Nosgoth goes Twitch" as the name states this guide will give you a walkthrough and usefull links to set up your own Twitch account and start streaming your games (Nosgoth).

I do this because the request for NOSGOTH streamer is getting bigger and bigger and some people are in doubt if they are able to stream.
Because I am abroad I also am able to use some help setting up this guide.
If you want to help let me know and we can get this guide started

Until now I think of the following topic parts:

Requirments for streaming
Streaming soft- hardware
How to get an overlay
Bots
Current streamer list
Credits

Note to self:
Current active streamers:
DFA
DOCGOTGAME
SAUSAGE/cmstache

---

Who is doing what:
Requirements
Software
- OBS
- FFSplis
- Xsplit
Hardware
- Game capture card
-- Why and why not?

Overlay
Bots

MrJesper
4th Mar 2014, 11:48
I think i can't stream because of my connection, but i want tro try :) can't wait

hirukaru
4th Mar 2014, 14:17
I think i can't stream because of my connection, but i want tro try :) can't wait

Will start soon. But searching for some people to help cause my class will start shortly.
Lots of people think they cant stream but can stream on a lower quality.

Wobbley
4th Mar 2014, 15:21
Will start soon. But searching for some people to help cause my class will start shortly.
Lots of people think they cant stream but can stream on a lower quality.

I can probably help, talk to me on Raidcall, or Steam :)

hirukaru
4th Mar 2014, 20:26
That would be great Wobbley,

I know that there are lots of guides out there, but I want to keep to the basics.
Cause I am very busy with bug list/Nosgoth guide and FAQ I only want to start this build up and post it on communityeditors account.

I asked on twitter for some help.

Just give me a call on steam or raidcall. Cause I do not really look there atm. cause of the above.

EmBosssable
5th Mar 2014, 02:21
If you need any extra help, I might be able to help. I dont have the most followers ever but i understand the streaming concept and ive been told my stream is clearer then most streams but that was with consoles. I'm going to be streaming this game starting tonight i just have to finish my overlay for it.

hirukaru
5th Mar 2014, 10:31
Yes sure as you state overlay is an aspect I wanted to discuss also.
I will send you guys a pm today.

(I can only stream Faster then Light atm via laptop, but it is a clear stream)
I currently use OBS
Any of you use different software or hardware to stream?

Wobbley
5th Mar 2014, 10:38
I use FFSplit. Although since the patch yesterday frames have been dropping like crazy from the Stream, I did hear Twitch had some problems too, so not sure where the issues lies. WIll look at it today.

hirukaru
5th Mar 2014, 11:00
I use FFSplit. Although since the patch yesterday frames have been dropping like crazy from the Stream, I did hear Twitch had some problems too, so not sure where the issues lies. WIll look at it today.

Well cause you use FFsplit you know how that works so If you can focus on that part that would be great.
The basics are fine (what els is there I guess)

Until I find someone who is willing to write the OBS part I will do this. (I still rather just be the guy that does the final fixes to the thread, cause of lack of time but still)

I want to thank you guys for the help and for building this guide.

EmBosssable
5th Mar 2014, 17:22
I use OBS but I might go back to xsplit not sure yet i like xsplit way more the interface to me just flows better but its cpu intensive

hirukaru
6th Mar 2014, 21:11
I made a small mock up about the bots part.
Embossable can you write something up on how Xsplit works. Basic set up to ge tthe stream going?

BOTSBots
Almost every twitch streamer is using bots for different things, from being an automated moderator to hosting events. There are a couple of bots out there that I recommend.

Moderator bots
I recommend having one moderator bot in your channel to make sure spamming, posting links etc. is prevented. Posting links can be prevented by Twitch but it is better if a bot is managing this.
Nightbot

MooBot

Event bots
Of course as a streamer you sometimes want to give something away or just hold an event on what game you play next. This is where Event bots come in place. There are a couple out there but I will only go into the free ones for now.

MODbot
Modbot is a free loyality bot that distributes points to your loyal viewers with these points they can enter events

EmBosssable
7th Mar 2014, 00:49
Ill try to get to that this weekend. Ive realized that this game is a pain to make a game specific overlay for so thats going to take a little longer then i thought. But when i do we can post a basic template so people can add what they want and all that.

TheMalgot
25th Mar 2014, 09:02
Hi,

does anyone of you know how high my upload has to be for which quality?

MrJesper
25th Mar 2014, 10:23
Hi,

Give me your upload speed and i try to give you a good settings

hirukaru
25th Mar 2014, 23:33
Hi,

http://obsproject.com/estimator

SilentVirtue
12th Apr 2014, 09:32
twitch.tv/dwgsilent

I can help you with your stream config, just pend my a pm

hirukaru
23rd Apr 2014, 15:47
Petire (Twitch.tv/Petire50)

Will take the lead in creating this and is able to recruit a team.
This cause I got kind of other work to do. (Still, I am over worked)

Denhonator
4th May 2014, 11:30
I'd point out that Nvidia GeForce Experience with Shadowplay is great for streaming if you use Nvidia. It is probably the lightest software of all for recording/streaming, and it directly supports Twitch

ncbwilson
20th May 2014, 01:32
One thing nice about Eve Online and some other games is the twitch interfaces/stream settings are built into the games.

I would say this though before Psyonix/Square Enix thinks about it, Google is currently in discussions w/ Twitch about acquiring them. Just FYI.

TheMalgot
20th May 2014, 17:56
Give me your upload speed and i try to give you a good settings

Kinda forgot about my post in this thread here.
My upload bandwidth is only 1657 kbit/s.

hirukaru
21st May 2014, 17:54
Because I havent heard an update from Petire on this guide. I asked our previous guide builder to take a role in this.
I still don't have time to go to these forms regular or create the guide.

Will probably be up and running again around 20th of June.

KabukiTV
29th Jun 2014, 14:06
Add my name on Twitch to the streamers list as well ;)

My username is my Twitch channel, so finding it should be easy

Silvarren
6th Aug 2014, 12:54
I'm a Twitcher. That' s a thing, right? I usually play 8PM EST and on. If I'm not playing Nosgoth, I'm playing Abyss Odyssey.

http://www.twitch.tv/silvarren/