PDA

View Full Version : Texmod based computer virus?

Panther10
18th Dec 2009, 01:11
Hey all. I have a question. I tried downloading texmod off of this website, and my AVG software immediately started showing me all of these warnings and possible maleware originating from texmod. Can anyone tell me where I can download a more secure version of this software? I need it for a Spider-Man game I was given today.

homeycdawg
22nd Dec 2009, 00:46
Texmod works like a "trainer" program, meaning it modifies the game code on-the-fly as it's being run, which is why it must be left running while the game is running for it to work. This is the same technique that many malware programs use, and it's only natural that AVG would see it as such.

Of course, you might want to check out some forums or something where Texmod has been discussed just to see what other people say to be sure.

homeycdawg
22nd Dec 2009, 02:03
BTW I found this tutorial, just fyi in case anyone else is interested in how to use custom skins.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/tuts/8899

Panther10
26th Dec 2009, 18:17
Thanks for the heads up. Do you know of any other anti-virus programs that might be better suited for texmod? Because AVG does not allow my computer to run texmod. It shuts down my pc everytime I try to use it.

Just to be on the safe side, the warning I'm getting is this:

"AVG has dectected the following error: Detected run nspack file on open"

does that file name look familiar to anyone?

homeycdawg
27th Dec 2009, 02:24
You probably have to turn off AVG's resident shield to use it. Because it intercepts running code and modifies it, any virus scanner worth it's salt will probably detect it as a virus.

Panther10
28th Dec 2009, 00:04
Okay Now I need help with activating a mod. Unfortunately it's Not for Arkham Asylum but for Spider-Man Web of Shadows. I'd hate to ask this question here but I'm not gewtting any help from the other forums that I posted this question on.

Okay right off the bat, I'm using windows 7 and this program is still a little new to me. Here's my problem: I'm trying to load a costume mod for this game but whenever I look in the program files folder the Spider-Man Web of Shadows folder comes up completely blank. There is not a single file in this folder? So how do I access this game and get the mod to work?

ericcartman
10th Dec 2010, 01:47
hey guys that texmod program is full of viruses and other computer dangers it has like 12 computer threats and viruses, so if someone dont believe me what im typing here just go to www.virustotalscan.com and browse the file and it will show that this program texmod is not safe at all and it will leave a backdoor open to you computer without you knowing and your antivirus. ps. i hope you all like keyloggers. oh yeah if you turn off your antivirus when installing the texmod i hope you like keyloggers.