PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Report abuse

MasterShuriko
3rd Mar 2014, 12:19
Today I had my first game where I was chocked. We are currently playing in Beta and there are people raging and calling others cursewords and all kinds of foulnesses in-game during battle and during intermission.

I would really like to see a report button when you rightclick names and perhaps a feature where timestamps show when the messages were sent.

I´m feeling really bad for the guy here that got jumped by another player saying bad stuff, really bad stuff.

hirukaru
3rd Mar 2014, 12:37
This has been discussed in Alpha and there will probably be some way to report people.
If you are offended by anyone in game please take a screenshot and send it towards nosgoth@square-enix.com
Cause at end of Alpha we put in a Non-Name-Calling policy. So I am happy you did not call any names.

Hope you do enjoy the game?

<-Dont use the nosgoth email anymore please->

Try to contact support via this (support.eu.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=8821)

MasterShuriko
3rd Mar 2014, 13:07
I was around during alpha but I dont rememeber having seen a conversation like this.

Well I can brush of the most things, but what made me write this was because of another new player getting yelled at from another that was used to the game.
I didnt like it and thought that a post might help.

And from countless other Mmo´s and forums used during my years I know that name-callin on forums dont help. Although the name is written down incase a dev wants to look at it

Edit: Ive been in love with this game since Alpha <3

Kaphei
5th Mar 2014, 09:41
Why does your personal sensitivity require the player to be punished in the game? Mute/Ignore/Avoid Same Team Button is enough.

MasterShuriko
5th Mar 2014, 11:37
Why does your personal sensitivity require the player to be punished in the game? Mute/Ignore/Avoid Same Team Button is enough.

To answear your question we weere 8 people in the intermission in total, 1 of them acted like a real jerk towards another new guy and he became sad and asked if he was that bad, we other 6 people comforted him/her, and said that they shouldnt listen to that player that offended and yelled various cursewords.

F#ck you, id¤ot, re"ard and various other words.
And Lets face it there will come even more of these players that harass others when the game gets closer to release and gets more people in it. I think that one of these report buttons will be needed in the future.

And my personal sensitivity, I work as a bouncer and handles the most stuff so I can handle a guy raging on the other side of a comp screen, to a certain level because If there are players that go out and play and shove people down in their shoes so that they will become sad and potentially quit the game I think there should be consequences.

hirukaru
5th Mar 2014, 12:01

Raging and bad behaviour are not accepted anywhere in the world.
If I will rage against anyone on the street, I will get punished also.

Reporting bad behaviour is normal.
The report button has been suggested just as a vote kick etc.

Kaphei
5th Mar 2014, 12:03
To answear your question we weere 8 people in the intermission in total, 1 of them acted like a real jerk towards another new guy and he became sad and asked if he was that bad, we other 6 people comforted him/her, and said that they shouldnt listen to that player that offended and yelled various cursewords.

And Lets face it there will come even more of these players that harass others when the game gets closer to release and gets more people in it. I think that one of these report buttons will be needed in the future.

And my personal sensitivity, I work as a bouncer and handles the most stuff so I can handle a guy raging on the other side of a comp screen, to a certain level because If there are players that go out and play and shove people down in their shoes so that they will become sad and potentially quit the game I think there should be consequences.

From a developers perspective of wanting to increase player base to increase revenue, I can understand. To specify since you didn't understand my question, what does reporting do what all 7 players muting him/avoiding being matched with him won't do?

It takes 2-3 mouse clicks to not have to interact with someone, is that not enough? If you are online, and digital words in a game about brutal digital violence and murder bother you enough to quit playing, that would be an issue you have to deal with yourself. Especially if they can easily be ignored.

WhiteFlameKyo
5th Mar 2014, 12:03

I completely agree. This isn't some middle school full of "rebels" who need to shout four-letter words starting with an F twice per sentence to show how adult they are. I really don't care about what someone calls me but some people do. Let's keep the place civilised. Or get chat-banned.

edit

what does reporting do what all 7 players muting him/avoiding being matched with him won't do?

It penalizes them. Encourages to stop.

RainaAudron
5th Mar 2014, 12:07
That´s why there should be a vote-kick, nobody wants to play with jerks.

hirukaru
5th Mar 2014, 12:09
An avoid button might work but muting him I wonder.

Of course it will take some time before buttons like this are implemented.

That´s why there should be vote-kick, nobody wants to play with jerks.
Raina does not want to play with me :( ;) Haha
Just joking. But I agree but maybe avoid is a better option but takes more scripting I guess.

Kaphei
5th Mar 2014, 12:10
Raging and bad behaviour are not accepted anywhere in the world.
If I will rage against anyone on the street, I will get punished also.

Reporting bad behaviour is normal.
The report button has been suggested just as a vote kick etc.

Raging and bad behavior is actually accepted in the world, you just happen to live in a first world country.

The virtual world and real life are not the same thing, people cannot actually harm and harass you, short of hacking your computer.

Kaphei
5th Mar 2014, 12:14
It penalizes them. Encourages to stop.

Why do they need to be penalized and encouraged to stop, if no one can read what they write or say anyways? It's an unnecessary step and one open to abuse for people who want to abuse a report system.

MasterShuriko
5th Mar 2014, 12:15
An avoid button might work but muting him I wonder.

Of course it will take some time before buttons like this are implemented.

Raina does not want to play with me :( ;) Haha
Just joking. But I agree but maybe avoid is a better option but takes more scripting I guess.

If avoid buttons get implemented Im fearing that they will actually punish the people that used them more than the people they are used towards.
Edit: by not showing or entering numerous available battlegrounds due to people are in it that are being avoided. They can continue playing but you will become restricted.

Kaphei
5th Mar 2014, 12:17
If avoid buttons get implemented Im fearing that they will actually punish the people that used them more than the people they are used towards.
Edit: by not showing or entering numerous available battlegrounds due to people are in it that are being avoided. They can continue playing but you will become restricted.

That is why it should be only avoid being on the same team.

hirukaru
5th Mar 2014, 12:46
@master I agree with your thinking indeed, that is why I rather have a report button my self.
Easier to implement and to use and only down side is until it is looked into you have to play with the guy.

The button should be able to send also the chat data and end score I think something like that.

Kaphei
5th Mar 2014, 13:15
@master I agree with your thinking indeed, that is why I rather have a report button my self.
Easier to implement and to use and only down side is until it is looked into you have to play with the guy.

The button should be able to send also the chat data and end score I think something like that.

Other downsides include
-resources for developer to run policing employees.<---big one, especially if its a big community, if not impossible.
-people abusing reports because they got butt-hurt over anything said that didn't even pertain to the game or they were incorrect about.
-people reporting for the exact opposite, reporting someone for feeding/being useless.
-being muted to everyone in a team oriented game for making critiques only "some" found offensive because they are sensitive.
-people reporting for any form of competitive/fun smack talk.
-people reporting because you were trying to be a team leader and not liking being told what to do.

I'm sure there are several I missed. All this because 2-3 clicks to ignore is too much to ask for.

SkippyMcDoogle
7th Mar 2014, 16:22
An honor system like they have in League of Legends would work well here I think. Both are team focused games and LoL has had pretty good success with it.

RealLoK
14th Mar 2014, 17:59
Great... I just received my key and now I'm too afraid to play... I really don't want to become the target of guys like this...

RainaAudron
14th Mar 2014, 18:07
There is no need to be afraid to play, there are few which do that, but rest are fine.

MasterShuriko
14th Mar 2014, 20:52
Great... I just received my key and now I'm too afraid to play... I really don't want to become the target of guys like this...

Were alot more nice guys around than the bad guys =D

Hixlysss
26th Jun 2014, 07:14
At this point i've run into a few situations of either highly disrespectful or just people blatantly feeding enemy teams, ect, as well as a lot of suspect activity from other players as well. How come there is no report function? No reporting players for being generally rude or disrespectful on the level of LoL community kind of horrid as well, and no way to report someone for suspected hacking?

Specially in a early beta game like this, there should be some sort of in game report function for hackers so they can be found out and hopefully their little exploits can be stamped out before rolling out to public, as well as weeding out the horrible community members as well. We don't need another awesome game with a community so bad you don't want to play it.

Squigiligimous
26th Jun 2014, 07:47
At this point i've run into a few situations of either highly disrespectful or just people blatantly feeding enemy teams, ect, as well as a lot of suspect activity from other players as well. How come there is no report function? No reporting players for being generally rude or disrespectful on the level of LoL community kind of horrid as well, and no way to report someone for suspected hacking?

Specially in a early beta game like this, there should be some sort of in game report function for hackers so they can be found out and hopefully their little exploits can be stamped out before rolling out to public, as well as weeding out the horrible community members as well. We don't need another awesome game with a community so bad you don't want to play it.

Take evidence and you can report it to support(pictures/videos etc). Frankly unless it's suspected hacking/aimbotting/cheating it's really not worth the trouble. Just make sure to not come to the forums and attempt to name and shame.

RainaAudron
26th Jun 2014, 09:25
There is a protocol on how to report players. (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12293)

Flameberg
28th Jun 2014, 19:12
Raina, for the time being it might be enough, but overall it's a good suggestion to add in-game reporting system, as it is done in every MOBA-game or MMOFPS

Jaikan
27th Jan 2015, 16:26
I play Nosgoth since hour zero but I read never a chat like in my last match. This guy did not even play good. He offended the whole time although the match just begun. Here is a picture of the chat just before he left. All names are blackened.
http://image-upload.de/thumb/aK4aTy/a8907b81ba.jpg (http://image-upload.de/image/aK4aTy/a8907b81ba.jpg)

RainaAudron
27th Jan 2015, 16:51
You can report such players through Steam.

Jaikan
27th Jan 2015, 17:00
Did this already by using the described way with the tech support centre. Which way for reporting do you suggest Raina?

RainaAudron
27th Jan 2015, 17:15
I usually do it via their steam profile and report what happened.

Jaikan
27th Jan 2015, 21:12
Okay, I reported this player via steam. And I agree: There should be an ingame reporting system.
Thanks for helping me with this issue!

ApollosBow
28th Jan 2015, 02:02
lol the score is really close, 3 kills down and hes that mad. refering to picture on other page

whorton
30th Jan 2015, 07:17
Someone was just in my game and was completely horrible to me and my teammates. "<USERNAME REMOVED>" in a match that ran from around 10:45 to 11:10 constantly harassed my teammates and myself. Fed kills to the other team on purpose and then left right before we were about to leave. He seemed very angry and repeatedly used homophobic language and just overall tried to be an internet tough guy. Said that i would get curb stomped in real life while all i was trying to do was to tell him to calm down. I dont know if you guys can see the chat logs for the games but it was pretty bad. I hate to put this guy on the blast on the forums but do you have any other way to report a player for totally inappropriate behavior? Seems like a bit much and i don't want to make it seem like i am trying to cause drama but this guy was a total butt.

Thanks and sorry for bringing this up im sure staff has better thing to do than deal with issues like these.

Grimoire
30th Jan 2015, 08:41
See this thread:

Protocol for reporting players (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12293)

snejjjj
12th Feb 2015, 21:39
We cant find this report support ticket link is this chaotic forum, so pls make a button ingame pls.

Elanair
24th Feb 2015, 14:18
I noticed that there is a section for reporting players that use cheats but can we also report players who's attitude and ingame actions simply ruin the gameplay experience for others? As in, would any action be taken against such players?

Because recently while I was playing a match, midway through he first round a player from the opposing team left and a new one took his place. This new player seemed infuriated, at first, by the current score and simply stated that he'd go afk. Of course the others asked why won't he simply leave and it turned into a heated discussion with him saying that he's simply going to play Heartstone while leaving Nosgoth to play in the background. He didn't even do that.

The whole match he simply stood there as an alchemist and shot himself in the face in order to die. He was killing himself and and stated that he'd going to farm EXP like this while the rest of his team do the work.

Just to be clear, I've dealt with people who swear and act like ****, we can ignore that but this type of behavior where you're intentionally making your team lose ruins the game for everyone and I hope that something will be done to discourage this int he future.

I still have the replay available if required as proof. It shows him sitting there, killing himself.

Sanguise23
24th Feb 2015, 14:21
your not supposed to post names on the forums shaming people, that said i feel your pain and dont know why people do this

Elanair
24th Feb 2015, 14:52
Apologies, I removed the name.

Cristari
24th Feb 2015, 15:44
It would be nice but where do you draw the line?

Do you report someone because you think they are a bad player and seem to be feeding the enemy even though they are only doing their best to play? Do you report someone for going to take a dump in the middle of a game or answering the phone and have left themselves in game but not afk? Do you report someone for talking the whole way through a match instead of playing they are typing?

Elanair
24th Feb 2015, 17:39
I think there's a pretty big difference between a player that's trying his best and is just bad and some **** that is grieffing his team by killing himself AND openly admitting it in chat. I'm not going to report people that are not good at the game, heck even those that get a phone call in the middle of the match, can happen and sometimes there might even be the 'smart' jerk that tries to ruin it for people under the guise that he's bad. Sure, that would be difficult to tell, no question about it and I wouldn't report someone unless there was proof to such accusations.

But what about those that openly ruin the game experience for others and strut around, proud about it, thinking they are untouchable? Shouldn't such rotten apples be dealt with?

Necro71
24th Feb 2015, 18:21
Vote to kick option would be pretty damn good.

o2-D3nTe
24th Feb 2015, 18:32
your not supposed to post names on the forums shaming people, that said i feel your pain and dont know why people do this

In game behaviour aren't supposed to be 'anonymous ' (ofc we don't know people's name, but we recognise them by nickname). The person playing the game and the person writing on the forum is the same.
If you're a decent human being you assume your words and actions, even hidden behind a computer.
Why would it be shaming to tell others how someone acted ?
If they don't want to be 'shamed' they shouldn't act like douche bag in the first place.

Once again, a kick vote option is NEEDED for this game. We're lucky nosgoth community is pretty mature so we're not overhelmed by trolls on a daily basis.

Firehex
25th Feb 2015, 05:51
Reporting/vote kicking gonna make community worse.

MasterShuriko
25th Feb 2015, 12:22
Got to say that a votekicking wont solve it, its deff gonna make things worse.
But there could be a sort of Karma/ goodwill per account and if it drops too low a flag is raised on that account wich will then be looked into?