PDA

View Full Version : New Silent Preditor takedown wishlist

SammiiDoogles
15th Dec 2009, 22:26
List some of the Silent pred. takedowns you want in the new game - Seeing as we only had the inverted takedown last time, i think we need some more.

Through Wall Takedown
Smash Batmans arms through a wall and pull someone through, similar to in The Dark Knight Returns. Noisy, attracts enemies.

Inverted Ledge takedown
Whilst perched on a ledge, wait for someone to walk below and reach down and grab them and bring them up onto the ledge and KO them, or KO them with a silent takedown whilst pulling them up. Silent.

Floor grate takedown
While hiding in a grate under the floor, wait for the enemy to stand on the tile youre under and then spring out of it, knocking the goon onto their backs. Grab them by the feet and drag them into the grate, all in one fluid motion - almost like a spider hunting from a hole in the ground. The scream from the thug alerts others, but you can press another button while dragging to drop a smoke pellet and drag them into the smoke - also allowing you to dissapear.

Shadow grab
While hidden in a shadow (hoping thats in the game), Reach out with the cape and wrap them in it, knocking them out - leave them in the dark. Silent.

Double inverted takedown
Two thugs could be standing under a gargoyle, either just talking and unaware of any threat or just passing - hang upside down and grab them both and smash their heads together then drop them - both hanging by their feet. Alerts others.

Anyone got any others? :)

DarkKnightDanny
15th Dec 2009, 22:33
1. i want to see a new combat move,counter take downs.
when your combo meter goes yellow you have the ability of pressing two buttons like a normal combo but can use it only when the counter icon appears.

this would be shown like a thug going to punch batman,batman grabs the fist of the thug and does something nasty to him. could be lots of other types of combo counter takedowns.

2.swooping takedown.
when grappling from gargoyle to gargoyle you can swoop down and grab a guard then leave him dangling on the gargoyle, imagine a bird of prey swooping for his meal.

EliteF50
Inverted Takedown: This takedown had so much potential, but it just wasn't fun because of the weak little choke Batman did to the goon. I want the same exact thing, but this time, Batman either headbutts them, hits their face off the gargoyle, or punches them.

door noob
When a thug is in the middle of a room you swing down and grab him into the darkness, much like the scene in Batman Begins, in Arkham Asylum when Bats is stalking his enemies.

Edit : I see Dark Knight Danny already mentioned it :p

Riddler's Rampage
15th Dec 2009, 22:37
These are good! I like your ideas.

DarkKnightDanny
15th Dec 2009, 22:38
When a thug is in the middle of a room you swing down and grab him into the darkness, much like the scene in Batman Begins, in Arkham Asylum when Bats is stalking his enemies.

Edit : I see Dark Knight Danny already mentioned it :p

great minds think alike!

Velderik
15th Dec 2009, 22:53
Just my opinion on your ideas.

Through Wall Takedown
Disagree, I can't imagine Batman punching a hole in a solid brick wall, that's more something for the Hulk.

Inverted Ledge takedown
Disagree, I know batman can do a lot but let's be reasonable, doing a takedown of a small ledge is very very very difficult. Especially because there isn't enough room to jump off the ledge, grab the thug, get back on the ledge, punch the thug, and then throw him away. Batman still is a human after all.

Floor grate takedown
Agree.

Shadow grab
Agree.

Double inverted takedown
Agree

SammiiDoogles
15th Dec 2009, 23:10
just my opinion on your ideas.

through wall takedown
disagree, i can't imagine batman punching a hole in a solid brick wall, that's more something for the hulk.

inverted ledge takedown
disagree, i know batman can do a lot but let's be reasonable, doing a takedown of a small ledge is very very very difficult. Especially because there isn't enough room to jump off the ledge, grab the thug, get back on the ledge, punch the thug, and then throw him away. Batman still is a human after all.

floor grate takedown
agree.

shadow grab
agree.

double inverted takedown
agree

Well for the first one, when he does it in TDKR it appears to be a pretty weak wall - like just a plaster wall. I didn't mean for him to do that through every wall because that would be beyond rediculous - I mean use it in the way explosive gel is used: only possible to do with certain walls.
So seeing as it seems to be in a more urban environment he'd be able to do it through wooden walls and barriers or weak plaster walls.

And for the ledge one, he litterally is just on a ledge, reaches down and pulls them up... I'm sure he's done that countless times :p
What I meant for the KO was either do that choke hold-y grab he does when pulling them up, making them pass out. Or when they've been pulled up onto the ledge, punch them and KO them - similar to that last guy remaining in the gassed room in BAA.

Jokers right hand man
16th Dec 2009, 02:05
Floor grate takedown
While hiding in a grate under the floor, wait for the enemy to stand on the tile youre under and then spring out of it, knocking the goon onto their backs. Grab them by the feet and drag them into the grate, all in one fluid motion - almost like a spider hunting from a hole in the ground. The scream from the thug alerts others, but you can press another button while dragging to drop a smoke pellet and drag them into the smoke - also allowing you to dissapear.

I agree with this but for it to work the floor grates can not be clear like they were in the first batman. The clear grates always gave away my position.

Batman The Trailer Hunter
16th Dec 2009, 04:23
I'd like more varitys of takedowns, and a batrang take down

Old_BenKenobi
16th Dec 2009, 05:24
Ledge Tackle: Lunge at a thug grab him and soar over a ledge, either dropping down with him to the bottom or hanging on to the ledge and letting him fall. Like the end of The Dark Knight. Useful when you're near a ledge, hidden and theres a thug in between you and the drop off.

16th Dec 2009, 05:30
Ledge Tackle: Lunge at a thug grab him and soar over a ledge, either dropping down with him to the bottom or hanging on to the ledge and letting him fall. Like the end of The Dark Knight. Useful when you're near a ledge, hidden and theres a thug in between you and the drop off.

Why do we just put all the takedowns from TDK into the game, that would be sooo cool!
I call dips on CAR TAKEDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old_BenKenobi
16th Dec 2009, 06:09
Some diagrams!

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/518/ledgetackle.jpg
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8348/ledgetakedown.jpg (I had a similar idea to Sammi's and this is how I envisioned it).

SammiiDoogles
16th Dec 2009, 11:30
Some diagrams!

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/518/ledgetackle.jpg
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8348/ledgetakedown.jpg (I had a similar idea to Sammi's and this is how I envisioned it).

Yeah, that second one is how i envisioned it :D

The-Knight-Of-The-Night
16th Dec 2009, 11:43
Kidnap: When you grappel to anther gargoyle and swing down grab henchman and pull him up to the other gargoyle and throw them off or knock them out up there.
Kick: When you swing from a gargoyle to kick them in the face and zips you back to a gargoyle
BATbatarang:Throwing a sonic batarang that attracts lots of bats to swoop into the bad guy lifting him in the air and then flying away leaving the bad guy to fall.

CaptainMcMulla
16th Dec 2009, 13:09
i think they should have interactive environments. So for instance like Hitman. You press a light switch and the lights turn off making the thugs/goons **** scared and taking them down one by one, obviously a guy then goes to turn the light back on.

Velderik
16th Dec 2009, 13:50
Well for the first one, when he does it in TDKR it appears to be a pretty weak wall - like just a plaster wall. I didn't mean for him to do that through every wall because that would be beyond rediculous - I mean use it in the way explosive gel is used: only possible to do with certain walls.
So seeing as it seems to be in a more urban environment he'd be able to do it through wooden walls and barriers or weak plaster walls.

And for the ledge one, he litterally is just on a ledge, reaches down and pulls them up... I'm sure he's done that countless times :p
What I meant for the KO was either do that choke hold-y grab he does when pulling them up, making them pass out. Or when they've been pulled up onto the ledge, punch them and KO them - similar to that last guy remaining in the gassed room in BAA.

Aaah okey, now I fully understand and it would be great if they add those then.

SammiiDoogles
16th Dec 2009, 14:01
Aaah okey, now I fully understand and it would be great if they add those then.

:D Glad you agree

Nightwing
16th Dec 2009, 14:06
I like them all. Though not so hot on the through wall takedown. Let's try and keep some vague idea that batsy is still a man and not superpowered.

SammiiDoogles
16th Dec 2009, 14:30
I like them all. Though not so hot on the through wall takedown. Let's try and keep some vague idea that batsy is still a man and not superpowered.

Well if you read my explaination further down the page you'll realize that it is entirely possible, and has actually been done before.

Couldn't find a shot of the page/panel online - So here it is shown in B:TAS episode:
QoZLPwRCjcQ Go to 0:30

Nightwing
16th Dec 2009, 18:05
Well if you read my explaination further down the page you'll realize that it is entirely possible, and has actually been done before.

Don't get me wrong, I did read your explanation. Using a stunt wall or thin plaster wall, it's perfectly reasonable to do. I do not buy the showing of it from tales of the dark knight, because that is designed to show how the myth/legend of batman within Gotham makes him more than a man, and how the hearsay has him doing things which are actually inhuman. Like smashing through full thickness walls made of bricks.

However, I don't buy that a large number of places in Gotham (a city built in gothic style architecture which suggest lots and lots of stone.) will have plaster walls. Not only for the fact that it's out of the style of the city, but also because thin plaster walls can't support much and it's esp inappropriate for supporting anything heavy like granite. That's all extra by the by.

DarkKnightDanny
16th Dec 2009, 18:33
Don't get me wrong, I did read your explanation. Using a stunt wall or thin plaster wall, it's perfectly reasonable to do. I do not buy the showing of it from tales of the dark knight, because that is designed to show how the myth/legend of batman within Gotham makes him more than a man, and how the hearsay has him doing things which are actually inhuman. Like smashing through full thickness walls made of bricks.

However, I don't buy that a large number of places in Gotham (a city built in gothic style architecture which suggest lots and lots of stone.) will have plaster walls. Not only for the fact that it's out of the style of the city, but also because thin plaster walls can't support much and it's esp inappropriate for supporting anything heavy like granite. That's all extra by the by.

could be a non supportive wall made from timber and plasterboard with plaster finish, if this takes place in downtown gotham then most of the offices or warhouses would have this

Nightwing
16th Dec 2009, 19:01
could be a non supportive wall made from timber and plasterboard with plaster finish, if this takes place in downtown gotham then most of the offices or warhouses would have this

In an office, yeah. I'll buy that. Warehouses don't tend to have my walls in my experience. They're usually made from metal. Bare minimum expenditure and all that. However, with such limitations, I'm just not convinced it's a reasonable idea to throw into a game. Sorry, but I just don't think I'm likely to be convinced on this one. But hey, 4 out of 5 ain't bad!

16th Dec 2009, 19:35
What about this? WTLTjvokvHc

batfan08
16th Dec 2009, 21:09
Disagree, I can't imagine Batman punching a hole in a solid brick wall, that's more something for the Hulk

PpbYWGud7zc

Velderik
16th Dec 2009, 21:39
Couldn't find a shot of the page/panel online - So here it is shown in B:TAS episode:
QoZLPwRCjcQ
Go to 0:30

Lol that is one of the worst episodes I have ever seen :P

SammiiDoogles
16th Dec 2009, 22:56
Lol that is one of the worst episodes I have ever seen :P

Haha It's based on TDKR, I couldn't find the page I was looking for so theres the child friendly animated remake!

I do not buy the showing of it from tales of the dark knight, because that is designed to show how the myth/legend of batman within Gotham makes him more than a man, and how the hearsay has him doing things which are actually inhuman. Like smashing through full thickness walls made of bricks.

Well thats just the animation version of a scene from TDKR, I couldn't find the page so I just used that instead.

Its entirely possible, If you look in the video its just a wood wall with plaster on both sides.
This place looks pretty derelict and ruined so im sure a lot of walls are weakened, and in the trailer we see some boarded up windows (and possibly doors, I can't remember) - So why not smash through a boarded up window and pull someone in through it.

Rareless09
16th Dec 2009, 23:12
Through Wall Takedown
Smash Batmans arms through a wall and pull someone through, similar to in The Dark Knight Returns. Noisy, attracts enemies.

Through the wall? Gotta say nay on this one, its just too ridiculous. That's why Bats has explosive gel:rolleyes:

AngelsDontKill6
16th Dec 2009, 23:17
i have to admit the shadow one sounds brilliant, that would just be sooooo intense to be able to do.
as for puncing through a brick wall, maybe not so much haha
good ideas though!

Old_BenKenobi
16th Dec 2009, 23:40
I don't understand, being able to hold a man by the throat with one arm = Fine. Spraying explosive gel on his fist and doing an explosive punch = Fine. Being able to perform incredibly feats of acrobatics and strength for several minutes without pausing while wearing a suit of armour = Fine. Being able to pull four bolts screwed into a stone wall effortlessly = Fine. Being able to pull down a wall = Fine. Being able to withstand the force of falling several storeys and grabbing a ledge with his arms, stopping instantly and withstanding the enertia = Fine. Being able to throw three metal blades with absolute accuracy over long distances = Fine.

But slamming his fists through a thin wall = Too extreme to believe, despite him being able to pull down the same wall no problem?

Batman's "no superpowers" thing is in name only.

Nightwing
17th Dec 2009, 00:00
But slamming his fists through a thin wall = Too extreme to believe, despite him being able to pull down the same wall no problem?

I shall grant you, I found that a little silly. Probs would be better to get rid of that one guys and focus on the man part of batman :p

door noob
17th Dec 2009, 00:02
I don't understand, being able to hold a man by the throat with one arm = Fine. Spraying explosive gel on his fist and doing an explosive punch = Fine. Being able to perform incredibly feats of acrobatics and strength for several minutes without pausing while wearing a suit of armour = Fine. Being able to pull four bolts screwed into a stone wall effortlessly = Fine. Being able to pull down a wall = Fine. Being able to withstand the force of falling several storeys and grabbing a ledge with his arms, stopping instantly and withstanding the enertia = Fine. Being able to throw three metal blades with absolute accuracy over long distances = Fine.
That's what happens when you train our body to physical and mental perfection :)

And that would be a fun takedown to perform indeed on the weaker walls. I'mdown with it. :cool:

Old_BenKenobi
17th Dec 2009, 00:44
I shall grant you, I found that a little silly. Probs would be better to get rid of that one guys and focus on the man part of batman :p

Bah, wheres the fun in realism?! :p

17th Dec 2009, 01:20
PpbYWGud7zc

gwFgNB11LT0

mwkcope
17th Dec 2009, 02:12
2.swooping takedown.
when grappling from gargoyle to gargoyle you can swoop down and grab a guard then leave him dangling on the gargoyle, imagine a bird of prey swooping for his meal.

I had an idea like this,only kicking them in the head to be more silent,and another where you CAN grab them,BUT leaving them setting on the gargoyle,to leave thugs thinking "Where the hell is (insert name here):hmm::confused:"Then:eek:

Old_BenKenobi
17th Dec 2009, 02:46
Kidnap: When you grappel to anther gargoyle and swing down grab henchman and pull him up to the other gargoyle and throw them off or knock them out up there.
Kick: When you swing from a gargoyle to kick them in the face and zips you back to a gargoyle
BATbatarang:Throwing a sonic batarang that attracts lots of bats to swoop into the bad guy lifting him in the air and then flying away leaving the bad guy to fall.

I really like the swing kick.

17th Dec 2009, 03:07
I really like the swing kick.

Is the glide kick not good enough for you???? Besides the "swing kick" is copy wrighted by spiderman

JawsFanJesse
17th Dec 2009, 03:16
I want Interigate Thugs Then a Punch to the Face!

SammiiDoogles
17th Dec 2009, 03:18

haha THANK YOU. Some people don't seem to get it and think i mean him punch through the side of a house or something...

17th Dec 2009, 03:20
haha THANK YOU. Some people don't seem to get it and think i mean him punch through the side of a house or something...

I m 16 and i could kick threw a wall like 3 years ago easy. Idk what those "fools' are talking about

SammiiDoogles
17th Dec 2009, 03:24
I m 16 and i could kick threw a wall like 3 years ago easy. Idk what those "fools' are talking about

fear the demon hunter! for he is immortal!

Old_BenKenobi
17th Dec 2009, 03:30
Is the glide kick not good enough for you???? Besides the "swing kick" is copy wrighted by spiderman

Glide kick leaves you on the ground. Swing Kick brings you back up to the rafters.

17th Dec 2009, 03:36
Glide kick leaves you on the ground. Swing Kick brings you back up to the rafters.
You mean more like a swoop kick?

fear the demon hunter! for he is immortal!
What is Immortality (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYEcaKUdxNw)?

Hugo_Strange
17th Dec 2009, 04:43

The swing kick would end with Batman back on another perch. The glide kick ends with him on the ground next to the thug.

Idea:
I would like for Batman to be able to zipline toward an enemy, grab him with his free hand and carry him all the way to the opposite wall, slamming the guy's face into it.

Also, increase the speed/strength of the batclaw so that enemies are pulled in faster/are lifted off of the ground more. I'd like to end an enemy pull with a punch/clothesline/floor smash (all in one motion).

I also like the swing-grab that someone mentioned.

Old_BenKenobi
17th Dec 2009, 05:15
I love the zipline idea.

I'd also like a move similar to the one Batman does to Joker at the end of the Burton movie: Shoot a grapple cable that snares a foe at one end and latches onto something that the other, trapping the foe and leaving him to untangle himself. Or, using the same toy, snaring one by the neck or arm and hanging him from a higher ground. In a similar vein, bolas for temporarily tying an enemy up.

Another trap that would be nice would be a simple trip line. Set it up across a coridor, enemy trips on it, falls, gun goes flying. Enemy is now unarmed and ready for pounding. Of course, once an enemy trips on a line the others notice it and cut it.

17th Dec 2009, 16:46
I would like better Ai so they seem really scared

ThePrince99
18th Dec 2009, 06:40
with the wall takedown you guys should remember the walls that you put explosive jell on they have a couple of holes that batman can place his hands through and grab a baddie right? So y doesnt batman just use detective mode to see through the wall to where the thug is and wait until the thug is close and grab him/her and ether hold the until they fall unconsious or just bang their head on the wall and take them out that way?

Batmanhill6157
18th Dec 2009, 07:35
I would just like to be able to scare them better. Like maybe just have things like cut off some lights or have it so you take a guy somewhere screaming but they cant find where he is.
Also maybe affect some surroundings, make things fall and cause some panic. I feel like Batman AA did this well but I'd like to see a better job of it next time so I feel more like a bad ass while hunting.

And on the topic of the wall, it doesnt have to be every wall. You can't use explosive gel on every wall, so it can easily make sense to do that sweet takedown only in a few areas

Old_BenKenobi
18th Dec 2009, 08:43
The wall smashing would be great on the Explosive Gel walls. But of course that begs the question: Why not just use the explosive gel?

door noob
18th Dec 2009, 16:43
The wall smashing would be great on the Explosive Gel walls. But of course that begs the question: Why not just use the explosive gel?

Because of the animation >.>

Old_BenKenobi
18th Dec 2009, 22:03
Obviously, but what tactical purpose would it have? The only ones I can think of are "All three gels are planted elsewhere, so I gotta use this" or "I don't have Explosive Gel yet, this'll have to do".

The jackhammer
19th Dec 2009, 01:06
I would just like to be able to scare them better. Like maybe just have things like cut off some lights or have it so you take a guy somewhere screaming but they cant find where he is.
Also maybe affect some surroundings, make things fall and cause some panic. I feel like Batman AA did this well but I'd like to see a better job of it next time so I feel more like a bad ass while hunting.

although no where near as fun, batman begins: the video game did an excellent job of using the scare tactics gameplay. You would go around making things in the environment happen (cutting lights, pipes busting, etc.) and I was so satisfied by that single aspect, that it made the whole game enjoyable.

The-Knight-Of-The-Night
19th Dec 2009, 14:02
I like the tactical game play like, sneaking into a room the a few guards and turning the lights off and they feel around fo the light switch as you walk in with detective vision on and use silent takedowns on a few guards and hide as they turn on the lights and see that some guys are down and freak out and they run out of the room, just imagine that or before you takedown anyone and they still dont know your there and you jam a batarang into a pipe and zipline away they hear it and run over and see a batarang and get really scared and nervous.

muneerunisha
9th Jan 2010, 06:50
I would like to have better Ai..
Can you explain?
Thanks..

CodeBlack
9th Jan 2010, 07:08
I definitely would like more environmental interaction, both in being able to effect things in order to distract or effect the guards (like breaking the lights, breaking pipes to distract guards with the sound, or to fill the room with gas to blind them) or using it directly (breaking pipes but instead directly hitting guards with a jet of gas or a flood of water, or weakening railings so that guards might lean on them and fall). You could even set traps this way (lure a henchman to a water main, have them trip a trap that leads to them getting knocked out by a flood of water).

That kind of thing would work even better with smarter AI. The Arkham Asylum AI was very intelligent, but still did dumb things every once in a while, even when they weren't terrified (then again, henchmen aren't generally known for their intelligence). Maybe the guards might spot your bombs, and avoid them, only to find that you're herding them exactly where you want them, or actively search places where you might be perched above them. They might even pretend to be unconscious and shoot you from the ground...

On that note, leading back into a skill for Bats, I'd like individual henchmen in story mode to reappear every once in a while, but weakened/injured from previous fights. Thus, if you, say, beat a henchman with a move that injured their shoulder, you could target that weakness and take them out early.

Nightwing
9th Jan 2010, 11:04
Something CodeBlack said triggered a memory. I remember when one of Batman's shock tactics included using batarangs to smash all the lights in the room and plunge it into darkness. A thus the criminal would know fear by being hunted by the bat in a room plunged into darkness. That's the sort of thing they should definately DEFINATELY add to the next game :D

JAHman28
11th Jan 2010, 17:26
Perhaps if two thugs try to go back-to-back, then you can swing to a gargoyle above them, and have the chance to throw a smoke pellet then silently inverted takedown one of the goons.

when the smoke clears, the other goon sees his unconscious upside-down buddy and screams.

also, batman has to use detective mode to see through the smoke