PDA

View Full Version : Did the Ancients evolve?

Raziel'sRevenge
15th Dec 2009, 18:41
Vampires don't evolve continuously over time but rather in stages, we all know that, but the Ancients were mortal. I got the impression in Soul Reaver 1 that there was an enormous period of time in-between evolutions, so did they have time to evolve or did they die from old age first?

Linikratyo
15th Dec 2009, 18:50
Vampires don't evolve continuously over time but rather in stages, we all know that, but the Ancients were mortal. I got the impression in Soul Reaver 1 that there was an enormous period of time in-between evolutions, so did they have time to evolve or did they die from old age first?

I think evolving was part of the Dark Gift, but hey let's look at what others might think ;)

FearGhoul
15th Dec 2009, 23:04
I say that it's part of the Dark Gift.

Raziella
16th Dec 2009, 18:39
In my opinion it's part of the Dark Gift. But hey, for sure they evolved like humans (from monkey) and (probably) Elder God (from sluagh). :P

Raziel'sRevenge
17th Dec 2009, 17:56
But at what point did the Dark Gift come in to play? Was that part of the curse given by the Hylden or was it something that vampires had all along? Remember that a large amount of what we assoicate with "vampires" is part of the curse. The Ancients didn't drink blood and they weren't immortal. In truth we don't even know if they were weak against the sun and water to begin with either. If anyone knows of an interview with Amy Hennig that addresses this or something similar I'd love to read it.