PDA

View Full Version : XINPUT1_3.dll Bad image error

voltz83
14th Dec 2009, 22:33
Hey guys, as a birthday gift I've recieved a copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum. WOOHOO!!! Installed this game into my computer and upon opening the game I recieved this error which I've tried to fix for the last few days. This is the error message and contents with details. I've tried re-installing multiple times. I've also tried to install the demo downloaded off via Steam and from the website www.nvzone.com and they both give the same error message. I've tried updating my video card, PhysX, Microsoft 360 controller drivers and nothing worked. Still getting the same error message about the XINPUT1_3.dll.

ShippingPC-BmGame.exe - Bad Image

C:\Windows\system32\XINPUT1_3.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software ventor for support.

Here is the information of the rig I've had it installed on.

Specs:
E8400 OC @4000mhz
BFG GTX 295
CORSAIR XMS3 @1600
CORSAIR 750w PSU
EVGA 790i ULTRA SLI
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 bit OS

Say it isn't so Eidos! I want to play this game. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

homeycdawg
15th Dec 2009, 01:19
Does it boot up if you unplug your controller? I assume you want to use it, but just for troubleshooting purposes, ya know.

I use a regular PC controller, so I have to use a custom Xinput dll, but it definitely sounds like the XBox controller driver. Maybe if the game runs without the controller plugged in you might be able to use an emulator (if Xbox controllers support DirectX, which idk). It's redunent I know, but I'm starting to get use to having to find work-arounds to the contractual garbage tacked onto games these days.

voltz83
16th Dec 2009, 06:12
funny thing is i have the controller, but i haven't installed the drivers to use it. i just reformatted 2-3 weeks ago and didn't bother reinstalling the controller. so i had no idea why an error came up about it. never had the thing plugged into my computer since the reformat. i forgot to mention i did try plugging it in, installing drivers via microsoft.com, tried removing the usb wireless reciever and nothing worked. i still got the same error. i'm pretty much at a loss. what a shame, cause i really wanted to play this game. guess i'll have to move on if i can't find a solution. i have thought about purchasing it for consoles but cmon.. with my pc specs why would i want a console version? (maybe because it actually works on consoles?) :mad2::lol: