PDA

View Full Version : So, Arkham's literally been moved?

stoobytoons
14th Dec 2009, 10:24
From the teaser, it appears that Arkham has been moved much closer to the city than what was previously depicted in the last game. I'm wondering how this might play out in the sequel. Certainly not hoping for some kind of repeat experience, but I'm interested to know how this might play out in terms of story points. What do you guys think?

Old_BenKenobi
14th Dec 2009, 10:28
Look closer. Arkham is the city.

stubs182
14th Dec 2009, 11:05
Joker has taken over Gotham and fenced it off to the outside world, essentially making Gotham city the new Arkham

The_Hylden
14th Dec 2009, 11:12
Yes, hence the reason for Joker's laughing, though he appears to be severely weakened. He's sort of won, just as Ledger's Joker wanted. Gotham to be made into Arkham, or the differences of each to be no longer valid.

thedarknight2016
14th Dec 2009, 11:41
yea in the teaser you saw gotham in chaos and joker lauging as he sees an explosin in the distance so gotham is pretty much the asylum

Velderik
14th Dec 2009, 12:18
Best idea for the best sequel ever.

Turn and Face the Strange
14th Dec 2009, 13:19
I wonder how it got to that. At the end of B:AA, Joker and the inmates are locked away again, Gotham is as normal and Batman is flying off to fight another villain as usual.

In B:AA 2, inmates rule the streets, riots and dead bodies are everywhere, Joker has full control of the city and it's the new Asylum.

Interested to see what happened between the two.

EliteF50
14th Dec 2009, 13:25

Couldn't agree more. Let's hope there are more cut-scenes this time, less gargoyles, and a better stealth component. :D

Batman The Trailer Hunter
14th Dec 2009, 13:47
Arkham moved into Gotham

NoMoarDedCawpz
14th Dec 2009, 14:04
Harley is still wearing the nurse outfit :p is Joker wearing make-up now???

kalle90
14th Dec 2009, 14:04
Couldn't agree more. Let's hope there are more cut-scenes this time, less gargoyles, and a better stealth component. :D

Agreed. This looks pretty much exactly what I wanted.

Of course I hope the game is more open, we get vehicles and more gadgets, we see more villains and more. I'm not sure if I like Joker as main villain again though.

Hell is loose and Batman is crumbling. Arkham was nothing.

NoMoarDedCawpz
14th Dec 2009, 14:08
Whats the Jokers plan in this game...dont die? :lmao:

Flashbang
14th Dec 2009, 14:08
Maybe some parts of Gotham are fenced it by the police. I think the riots and the chaos are by a war of gangs like in "War Games".

kadashi666
14th Dec 2009, 15:00
honestly, i dont think the joker is actually controlling whats going on in the city right now, he's too weak form the last game and he looks like he's about to die anywyass, plus notice all the hints at harvey dent so far? i think the joker is mearly sitting htere watching, not really a part of the overall picture like in the first game. he's certaintly apart of it, but no the mastermind. though thats my opinion. ^_^

Zombie-Gamer
14th Dec 2009, 15:10
Harley is still wearing the nurse outfit :p is Joker wearing make-up now???

Its probs only set with a few hour between them so haley won'thave changed... yet (I'm hoping thato we get to see different costumes for the villians instead of their Arkham gear)
and it Joker looks like cause of the Titan and the ass whooping that Batman gave him :D

LONG LIVE JOKER!

TheDemon
14th Dec 2009, 15:16
I'm guessing that the Joker is the main instigator behind it all - but due to his weakened state - he's "reduced" to a "Blofeld" type of role. Sitting in his chair, watching everything "unfold" according to some device (or lack thereof).

Villains like Two-Face will probably have more of a physical presence, with the Joker lingering above. But really, who knows? I'm just guessing. A lot of villains will probably use the chaos and do their own things once again, like in Arkham Asylum.

I'm Professional
14th Dec 2009, 15:57
what about the possibility of Arkham becoming a larger area like the narrows in Batman Begins?

Also the move must have taken awhile I think it can't just instantly happen cuz everyone is locked up or is it all according to a larger scheme by Joker?

lt_skittles
14th Dec 2009, 16:44
what about the possibility of Arkham becoming a larger area like the narrows in Batman Begins?

Also the move must have taken awhile I think it can't just instantly happen cuz everyone is locked up or is it all according to a larger scheme by Joker?

Knowing the Joker it was probably his whole plan all along.

1.Get locked up
2.Find Dr. Young's Notes
3. Complete Research
4.Get beat up by Batman
5. Escape Arkham
6.???
7.PROFIT!!!

Hall E Woode
14th Dec 2009, 16:47

I don't think it instantly happened. I think Joker's been healing for a while. That experience isn't something you get over in a few hours. I'm guessing this is a few months later.

Though...the Harley outfit would prove otherwise...unless she just prefers her new outfit to the old one... (I wonder if Rocksteady prefers it, kind of their way of making their mark on the mythos...)

14th Dec 2009, 18:57
knowing the joker it was probably his whole plan all along.

1.get locked up
2.find dr. Young's notes
3. Complete research
4.get beat up by batman
5. Escape arkham
6.???
7.profit!!!

:D win

Also, this game is set in Gotham City, not a larger, expanded Arkham, not a new version of Arkham either. We saw the Penguin's club, remember?

Arkham hasn't been literally moved, just the inmates have escaped and taken control of Gotham (at least, certain areas of it), making it the "new Arkham".

DarkKnightDanny
14th Dec 2009, 19:04
my guess is, this is all two faces plan.

the whole "we want you" recruitment poster is actually a plan for him to get as many crazies to join him as possible, resulting in two face building this "arkham two" as batman was fighting joker in the first game. you see this at the end of the first game when batman gets a call and flys off into gotham.
i think the sequel kicks off from that point.you see,

the first asylum takeover was just a ploy to keep batman in the asylum long enough for two face to make an even bigger asylum in gotham!

E.Nygma
14th Dec 2009, 19:08

the whole "we want you" recruitment poster is actually a plan for him to get as many crazies to join him as possible, resulting in two face building this "arkham two" as batman was fighting joker in the first game. you see this at the end of the first game when batman gets a call and flys off into gotham.

the first asylum takeover was just a ploy to keep batman in the asylum long enough for two face to make an even bigger asylum in gotham!

This is just my same guess. :D

NoMoarDedCawpz
14th Dec 2009, 19:09

Maybe this explains why a number of villains were missing(escaped) from the first game...

kalle90
14th Dec 2009, 20:03
I don't understand the deal with Harley's outfit. She had no reason to have the one she had in AA so why would she change it now? I believe it's just what Rocksteady wants and I'm fine with it aswell.

Also Joker looks just beaten up, not older.

DarkKnightDanny
15th Dec 2009, 00:07
I don't understand the deal with Harley's outfit. She had no reason to have the one she had in AA so why would she change it now? I believe it's just what Rocksteady wants and I'm fine with it aswell.

Also Joker looks just beaten up, not older.

im looking at the trailer and i maybe going mad but, i dont see a difference in her outfit.
another thing.

on the new website,whats the deal with the lab coat hanging on the coat hanger next to joker? odd

mwkcope
15th Dec 2009, 00:16
Okey dokey,this just looks,downright creepy

mwkcope
15th Dec 2009, 02:36

:thumb:well said:thumb:very well said:thumb:

Mistress of Fear
15th Dec 2009, 03:02

Awesome idea. :) :thumb:

im looking at the trailer and i maybe going mad but, i dont see a difference in her outfit.
another thing.

on the new website,whats the deal with the lab coat hanging on the coat hanger next to joker? odd
It's Hush's coat!! or at least I'm hoping it is.

Black-Xero
15th Dec 2009, 03:21
It's Hush's coat!! or at least I'm hoping it is.
Hush's coat is different...maybe...I didn't get a good look at it but I doubt it.Although it would be cool to see him in the game.

kadashi666
15th Dec 2009, 03:49
what if....what if its a gang war between two face and joker?

notice how all of the people fighting each other where thugs, and in the beginning sequence of the giant fight there is a sign that says "long live joker", and of course rocksteady is pushing the two face sign of "we want you" rather forcibly. in the comics two face and joker more often then not hate each other, begrudgingly working with each other only when it looks favorable, and competing other wise.

plus, there are hints for catwoman, penguin, and black mask. panguine and black mask have deep ties to the Gotham underworld, which could mean each has chosen a side and lent help to them (if so, my bet would be penguine with two face and black mask with joker). as for cat woman, she will do what she does best: play for both sides, steal from them, screw with batman (one way or another) and take home as much loot as possible.

if it is a gang war batman has a lot to deal with, and i wonder if its going to span the course of a night this time...

edit: btw, i just noticed that the joker is actually looking from inside the new asylum, check out the website and the look at the lettering on the gate after the trailer ends adn it pans to the back of the jokers chiar, you'll notice the lettering is backwards. ^_^

JawsFanJesse
15th Dec 2009, 04:03

Yes Yes Yes :thumb: :D

The Jedi Guardian
15th Dec 2009, 06:56
The only reason I can come up with why everyone's costume was different except jokers was that they were all locked up, and were wearing arkham inmate uniforms.

zurc136
15th Dec 2009, 07:09
Everyone, don't forget the clues to Penguin (Iceberg Lounge) and Black Mask (Sionis). They may also play and integral role in the game beside Two-Face, Joker, and Harley.

And there's still the possibility of Scarcrow and/or Killer Croc and/or Bane reappearing.

Also, this whole Gotham set up this time around reminds me of No Man's Land

Maphisto86
15th Dec 2009, 07:15
This Arkham Asylum as depicted in the trailer is more in line with the Nolanverse version and may be either a new location because Arkham Island was closed OR it could be a temporary asylum until the real Arkham is repaired and revamped from Joker's last escapade. Remember folks that both Blackgate Prison and Arkham Asylum have been trashed so it seems likely a new supermax prison would be needed to house all of Gothams crimminals and psychos. Obviously the city is under siege by all the criminal elements partly because Blackgate was demolished and Arkham almost so.

stubs182
15th Dec 2009, 08:31
This Arkham Asylum as depicted in the trailer is more in line with the Nolanverse version and may be either a new location because Arkham Island was closed OR it could be a temporary asylum until the real Arkham is repaired and revamped from Joker's last escapade. Remember folks that both Blackgate Prison and Arkham Asylum have been trashed so it seems likely a new supermax prison would be needed to house all of Gothams crimminals and psychos. Obviously the city is under siege by all the criminal elements partly because Blackgate was demolished and Arkham almost so.

Gotham IS the Asylum

kalle90
15th Dec 2009, 09:20

sounds good aswell

this game can't go wrong

Old_BenKenobi
15th Dec 2009, 10:52
My money is on a gang war between Joker and Two-Face. The "Long Live Joker" tag really cements it.

door noob
15th Dec 2009, 15:18
And the Two Face posters could be also intended to recruit thugs, just an idea :scratch:

The New Blueguy
15th Dec 2009, 15:42

notice how all of the people fighting each other where thugs, and in the beginning sequence of the giant fight there is a sign that says "long live joker", and of course rocksteady is pushing the two face sign of "we want you" rather forcibly. in the comics two face and joker more often then not hate each other, begrudgingly working with each other only when it looks favorable, and competing other wise.

plus, there are hints for catwoman, penguin, and black mask. panguine and black mask have deep ties to the Gotham underworld, which could mean each has chosen a side and lent help to them (if so, my bet would be penguine with two face and black mask with joker). as for cat woman, she will do what she does best: play for both sides, steal from them, screw with batman (one way or another) and take home as much loot as possible.

if it is a gang war batman has a lot to deal with, and i wonder if its going to span the course of a night this time...

edit: btw, i just noticed that the joker is actually looking from inside the new asylum, check out the website and the look at the lettering on the gate after the trailer ends adn it pans to the back of the jokers chiar, you'll notice the lettering is backwards. ^_^

A rogues' gang war?! Freaking brilliant, man!! I hope so much that it's this scenario. I mean what a better way for there to be chaos in Gotham? I mean, if it was just Two-Face wrecks havoc on Gotham, it would be kind of "been there, done that". Though, over 70 odd years, I'm sure it has been in some form or another. But a rogues' gang war, with the GCPD outnumbered and outgunned and Gotham citizens caught in the crossfire would be a momumental test for Batman.

15th Dec 2009, 19:22
Gang war? I like it.

Joker and his army of supporters on one side.
Two-Face and his supporters on the other.
Other villains such as Black Mask, Penguin, Freeze, Firefly, and Hush using the chaos to cover for their own little schemes.
Gordon and the GCPD outnumbered and outgunned.
Civilians caught in the crossfire.

And Batman right in the middle of it all.

15th Dec 2009, 19:46
I think the whole "arkham has moved" thing is this:

Arkham Asylum at the end of the first game was in no condition to house the inmates. Poison Ivy's vines, Bane smashing up walls, not to mention all the walls Batman blew up...

I think a whole section of Gotham City has been made a sort of holding pen for the inmates to do as they please, seperate from the rest of Gotham. Hence, it's become the new Arkham Asylum (at least, until the actual Asylum is repaired). That's why there's the Arkham gate at the entrance, and police guarding the wall around it.

(I still stand by the turf-war idea too, just without the police and civilians - unless the inmates break out into the rest of the city, of course)

15th Dec 2009, 19:55
I think the whole "arkham has moved" thing is this:

Arkham Asylum at the end of the first game was in no condition to house the inmates. Poison Ivy's vines, Bane smashing up walls, not to mention all the walls Batman blew up...

I think a whole section of Gotham City has been made a sort of holding pen for the inmates to do as they please, seperate from the rest of Gotham. Hence, it's become the new Arkham Asylum (at least, until the actual Asylum is repaired). That's why there's the Arkham gate at the entrance, and police guarding the wall around it.

(Since Rocksteady love their plot twists, halfway through the game the inmates'll probably break out into the rest of the city. Or maybe that happens at the end, setting up Arkham Asylum 3...?)

Madelinexx
18th Dec 2009, 05:02
Also, batman dismantled nearly every security measure in the place. That could take even longer to install, not to mention funding (although I'm sure Bruce Wayne will take care of that).

door noob
18th Dec 2009, 05:14
Lets not forget the broken elevator in intensive treatment, a destroyed visitors center by the Joker, ofcourse a totaled botanical garden with a huge hole in the ground and ceilings, smashed chandelier in the mansion, all the dead gaurds that need to be replaced stolen guns, no warden, the plants in the sewers, and the goddamn root that destroyed the batcave :(. That's one hell of a check Bruce Wayne will have to write Madeline. Atleast he has money to spare I suppose, so everything little thing will be alright. :p