PDA

View Full Version : graphics get corrupted

trek554
14th Dec 2009, 01:32
I am just over 33% completed but I have had my graphics go all wonky a few times in this game. one time even leaves and debris were kinda of floating so it could be physx related. I have a gtx260 and it never even gets over 69 degrees in Batman so its not temps. its certainly a game or driver issue. I am running Windows 7 64bit and 191.07 drivers and zero issues with other games. once the graphics start going crazy my framerate will be almost unplayable even if I restart the game. I have to restart the pc and then it goes back to normal. btw this is the Steam version and yes I have defragged and verified cache.

trek554
14th Dec 2009, 07:30
well it seems my card is staying stuck in 2D mode after Batman makes it go wonky so thats why its sluggish when I just try and restart the game. Batman is the ONLY game that will initially trigger this prob though. I will get some corruption in Batman and then after that I will have to restart the comp or I cant get my full 3D clockspeed back. after I restart the clocks will do the right thing until after an hour or so in Batman. its only happened 4 times in the 6 or so hours I have played but its irritating to have to restart the pc when this happens. again I can play RE5 or any other game for hours after a fresh restart and never have the issue.

trek554
14th Dec 2009, 23:09
wow thanks for the help. lol. I have found a couple more people with the same issue. they didnt realize that after the graphics got corrupted that their clocks were even lowered. it has only happened 4 times now and I am nearly through the main story so I guess it doesnt matter at this point. this to me look like a physx issue so I will just chalk it up as a driver prob with the game.

homeycdawg
15th Dec 2009, 01:25
I've had the floating physix happen to me too. I think it has to do with the number of shader cores or something. Restarting the game has always fixed it for me though.

trek554
15th Dec 2009, 13:19
yeah it was the stupid physx. it happened a couple more times and I finally said screw it and turned off physx before playing. I played for several hours without an issue and even finished up all the riddles and stuff after dealing with Ivy. now all I have left is the party...

btw I had trouble with physx in Mirrors Edge edge too. that was over a year ago and using Vista so its not just my current setup that doesnt like physx. oh well, no more physx for me.

digitalrurouni
16th Dec 2009, 18:45
I have that leaves floating problem as well. Annoying.