PDA

View Full Version : When do you expect TR9?

jayjay119
13th Dec 2009, 23:38
I have been on the other forums lately and have noticed a lot of threads popping up on when people would like to see TR9 hit the shelves, and as you can expect, just for a chance for the TR fanbase, there has been mixed feelings but divided straight down the middle!

Some people are talking about various things but mainly when they expect the next TR to be released some have ranged from an (in m opinion) ludicrous mid 2010 to a generous late 2012. Now personally I would not mind waiting 3 years for the next TR game, in fact I would prefer it. These days a 3 year development cycle is the norm for many of the big franchises such as MGS, Resi, Silent Hill and Uncharted. I feel that TR desperately needs to take time out to be pulled apart and be put back together again to see how it works in todays market whilst retaining the core essence of what makes the series great, something it has never properly had and has needed for the past 10 years. So what do you guys think? Two main questions;

1/ When do you expect the next TR game? Why?
2/ When do you expect some info?

Katie_Fleming
14th Dec 2009, 00:02
Ah probably Christmas of 2010...that'll be the same time frame as Underworld. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't really matter when it comes out - the further the deadline, the more fans I think they'll lose if they don't start getting some info out. It seems like they just expect everyone to stick around ... they have to start giving some news soon or people will just lose interest completely. I think they need some marketing help.

MissJess
14th Dec 2009, 03:11
Not for a while I hope. I'd be happy for like, a 2011- 2012 release or around there. I personally dont mind waiting. Not when there are 9 wonderful other TR's to play yay! :gamer:

naraku
14th Dec 2009, 03:51
I don't know really, I suppose time is irrelavant, when quality should be the main focus in any games development. Some Devs take their time, in order to create a game with quality above and beyond what others make, (e.i. Konami/ MGS series, SCE/ GoW) and yet some Devs take a year or so, and get lucky I guess.

Ants_27_
14th Dec 2009, 07:16
Its a 4 year gap from me.

It took GTA IV and Fallout 3 4 years to create open world games and they've been doing it years! That's as long as the open world rumour is true.

I must admit if it is released before 2010 or 1011 I think I will be disappointed.:(

As for new information I don't expect any till later next year. I just hope they understand the difference between information and spoilers (alas Natla in a trailer).

neo111118
14th Dec 2009, 12:57
Last Quarter of 2010 cause this is reasonable for me .
Some Info in 1st quarter of 2010

josh1122
14th Dec 2009, 13:30
I say late 2010 and why? because they never take their time and don't expect that to suddenly change

I expect info on it mid 2010 and little advertising

uzigirl
14th Dec 2009, 16:22
For me personally I'd rather wait until a multiplayer of sorts is utilized into the next game, then I really would not mind waiting up to about two years for it to give it time for a controlled quality of gameplay rather than something rushed out.

It's good to get some information but I don't want the full flavour. I like to see some surprises when I play a game which adds enjoyment and more of an adrenalin rush.

Psycho_Kenshin
15th Dec 2009, 06:43
Late 2010 at the earliest, or possibly sometime in 2011. I'd say something like February 2011, a little over a year from now, would be believable.

angelus0901
15th Dec 2009, 15:23
Late 2010, early 2011...

a_big_house
15th Dec 2009, 15:47
the year itself doesn't bother but months do

april/may or november/december i think is when they should release it. but im guessing 2011

BlackThor
24th Dec 2009, 15:32
i hope they take their time to make it but giving the fans a little info would be nice. i mean sending out some teasers and eventually gameplay vids would get many people excited and maybe attract some new customers

JRod108
31st Dec 2009, 00:41
If it comes less than atleast two years from now, then I will fully expect it to be a mediocre game and I will not buy it. I am sick of mediocre games.

_Love2Raid_
31st Dec 2009, 00:55
I have no idea how long they have been working on this game, so I expect it to be released when it's ready. :cool:

tombraidergal
31st Dec 2009, 11:02
late 2010... early 2011. i don't care as long as its good. even if it's another five years before the game!!! at least we'll know it's good. ;)

AssassinX21
1st Jan 2010, 00:02
I'm expecting late 2010, or early 2011. I hope they'll be taking their time now. as every CD TR is a total piece of crap. Anniversary wasn't bad though.

tombraidergal
1st Jan 2010, 18:39
@AssassinX21 I am guessing you play assassins creed hence your name???

Rexie
1st Jan 2010, 19:36

With period.

tombraidergal
1st Jan 2010, 20:00
@rexie... Ur probably right about 2012

Bampire
1st Jan 2010, 21:13
When it's done, it's done. I do expect screenshots and information about the game this coming Summer.

DamianGraham
1st Jan 2010, 23:44
I'm expecting late 2010, or early 2011. I hope they'll be taking their time now. as every CD TR is a total piece of crap. Anniversary wasn't bad though.

i agree with the timeframe.. not the comment afterwards lol i think that Legend was pretty innovative, and above all else FUN! :D lol Anni was great, and Underworld (though not PERFECT) was pretty close in my book i think that we'll get some info (at least) near the end of spring.. or maybe as late as fall.. but if nothing by then... i'm not gonna be happy lol

redragon7324
2nd Jan 2010, 00:39
there are other games to play out there for now... of course ill play the next ne when it comes out, and wont have any bad comments about it. Its cd for crying out loud. They are not going to create a masterpiece with tomb raider. Core did a better job. and it may come out this summer or in the fall... They spread these two games out. how long did it take for them to come out with underworld after they created anniversary? a year and a half? its only a couple more months probably

JRod108
2nd Jan 2010, 01:04
there are other games to play out there for now... of course ill play the next ne when it comes out, and wont have any bad comments about it. Its cd for crying out loud. They are not going to create a masterpiece with tomb raider. Core did a better job. and it may come out this summer or in the fall... They spread these two games out. how long did it take for them to come out with underworld after they created anniversary? a year and a half? its only a couple more months probably

Bolded: And why not? Hmm? It is that low expectation right there that keeps them from trying. It seems as if many of us are satisfied with mediocre games. You don't have bad comments about it? Well, do you have any good ones? So what if CORE did better, they aren't here any more and now is the time for CD to step up and give us a game that is nothing short of satisfying, and from what we have been getting has not been satisfying in my book. Don't get me wrong, as I said, they aren't bad, the past three games have been missing something. And that, I think is passion. There haven't been three games. There has been one. With different titles. It seems as if they don't care what they are giving us, because they know we'll buy it anyway. Well, I think that should end. If this game isn't as good as I think it should be, then I won't buy it. Who cares when it's coming out.

redragon7324
2nd Jan 2010, 01:10
I dont have bad comments about it because It isnt horribly bad like most of these people say they are, but it isnt all that great either. They arent as challanging as core made them, even though I do have to say Core left off on a bad note, making angel of darkenss as glitchy as it was. That was the beginning of the ok games. But it actually was the game that got me addicted to tomb raider.

tombraidergal
2nd Jan 2010, 10:59
Actually... I just had an idea... Thy might not bring out a game this year and start advertising late this year, but while we are waiting, eidos bring out little levels on each platform for us to play plus downloadable content... Maybe a line up to the start of the next game, to give us an idea... Then the game we get could carry off from a clif hanger from a downloadable level. Maybe... I dunno. They might just make us sit and be patient. I have a feeling this next game will be epic though. ;)

redragon7324
2nd Jan 2010, 18:57
they wont put demos out... I waited and waited for them to do it for the PS3, but they never did, I dont know about the Xbox...

_Love2Raid_
3rd Jan 2010, 01:23
Look what I found on TRF:

http://www.plaxo.com/directory/profile/90196217822/176d585e/Chris/Conway

2006 - 2008
Worked on AI & gameplay for an unannounced project and a Tomb Raider game scheduled for release in 2010 or later.

:D:D

JRod108
3rd Jan 2010, 01:32
2010? Oh, no. Please let it be later. I can't stand another buggy game.

tombraidergal
3rd Jan 2010, 08:24
Yeah. Probs news about the game in fourth quarter of 2010 then the game comes out mind 2011. :)

jayjay119
4th Jan 2010, 02:04
2010? Oh, no. Please let it be later. I can't stand another buggy game.

Don't worry JRod, don't forget we now live in a world where games are never delivered at the first date announced, especially TR for some reason. I expect at least 2 push backs so if it is scheduled for 2010 now I will expect it either Q3 or Q4 2011.