PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer in tr?what do u think?

qwerty
12th Dec 2009, 13:19
i found this in trchronicles...(i dunno whether its old so sry if anyone already made a thread about it)
whats ur opinion(next tr in 5 years...?thats good)

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3678.html

Samara
13th Dec 2009, 23:33
Five years? Five years! :poke:
We will be dead in five years anyway... 2012.

Katie_Fleming
14th Dec 2009, 00:04
I've gotta say, I really don't think multiplayer would work for TR. It has never been about multiplayer. For some games it works great. Tomb Raider is such a complicated game and it's about the solitude of adventuring. I hope they're not going in this direction just for the sake of being able to say "oh yeah, we do multiplayer". It needs a reason, it needs to work, and if it doesn't, don't do it.

Then again they decided to completely re-write her history and make as if the past 6 games hadn't occurred, so why not add multiplayer? They're at the make or break point now with me.

uzigirl
14th Dec 2009, 16:36
I think Tomb Raider Multiplayer can work in many ways, many of which have been stated in other threads over the past year or so.

It would be a great direction for TR to go with to add an online mulitplayer for more of an interactive game with players from around the world. Bringing TR players together in this way could be just awesome.

floydthebarber
14th Dec 2009, 18:40
Tomb Raider could easily be a multiplayer game. Some of you fail to see that Lara could easily be excised and separated from the game system itself. An additional online multiplayer game could be simple to craft, utilizing the maps, game world and adversaries for another purpose. Have 4 players work together to defeat upgraded enemies, solve enhanced puzzles and traps that require full cooperation to complete, and to ultimately win the game.

The game system was king in the classics, but Lara herself has since held the crown on her head. It is about time the designers looked to please the gamers who played the game as themselves. Online multiplayer would accomplish that in spades.

redragon7324
2nd Jan 2010, 04:31
I really dont understand how it would work with characters at all, maybe they would do what Uncharted did and have you be characters from the story... Uncharted 2 ripped off tomb raider legend in some areas, tomb raider shouldnt have to rip uncharted off

Ants_27_
2nd Jan 2010, 10:54
I really dont understand how it would work with characters at all, maybe they would do what Uncharted did and have you be characters from the story... Uncharted 2 ripped off tomb raider legend in some areas, tomb raider shouldnt have to rip uncharted off

No game 'rips off' another, if that's the case all games are guilty, yes even TR.

Anyway, I don't think that online is a bad thing but I do believe as others have said and I (I think) that they should perfect the single player first.

JRod108
2nd Jan 2010, 17:19

And yet, through stagnation and lack of progress, TR is now in the position where it seriously needs to look at its competition and take notes. Sure, TR is the basic formula that many games in its genre has taken inspiration from, but it also seems like the formula in which the competition takes notes on what to avoid. Uncharted, POP, AC. These are the games that are selling. And TR, well, it isn't doing as well. They are evolving. Adapting. And when you get right down to it, TR isn't.

tombraidergal
2nd Jan 2010, 17:22
Five years? Five years! :poke:
We will be dead in five years anyway... 2012.

I wish people would stop the end of the world theory in 2012!!!! The world will no collapse in on itself. Grrr.

Multiplayer? Honestly how would that work?

redragon7324
2nd Jan 2010, 18:52
have you not seen the sales for legend, which were better than AOD, Anni sold better than Legend, and Underworld sold much more than both CD games combined...

Super Badnik
2nd Jan 2010, 18:59
Well, if it is included it will most certainly be optional, so why not?

have you not seen the sales for legend, which were better than AOD, Anni sold better than Legend, and Underworld sold much more than both CD games combined...I'm pretty sure your a bit mistaken. Legend, i'm sure sold better than Anniversary, sales of Anniversary weren't very high, and Underworld was faster selling than Legend and Anniversary, last i saw (which was about 6 months ago) Underworld was just behind Legend, but it has probably overtaken by now considering how fast it was/is selling.

JRod108
2nd Jan 2010, 23:44
Well, if it is included it will most certainly be optional, so why not?
I'm pretty sure your a bit mistaken. Legend, i'm sure sold better than Anniversary, sales of Anniversary weren't very high, and Underworld was faster selling than Legend and Anniversary, last i saw (which was about 6 months ago) Underworld was just behind Legend, but it has probably overtaken by now considering how fast it was/is selling.

Underworld isn't selling nearly as well as it did in the beginning. It reached it's peak not too long ago.

Super Badnik
3rd Jan 2010, 00:07
Underworld isn't selling nearly as well as it did in the beginning. It reached it's peak not too long ago.That didn't make much sense.

JRod108
3rd Jan 2010, 01:00
That didn't make much sense.

How does it not make sense? It isn't selling like it did when it was released. It reached its peak, in other words, it reached its highest point and is now declining in sales.

Lara_kid
4th Jan 2010, 08:31
I think that it would be cool (If done right) because you wouldnt have to wait for your go if your sibling was playing.

PLUS you dont have to have a second player if you dont like the game (TR) multiplayer.;)

jones110
4th Jan 2010, 10:25
Also I think a multiplayer in Tomb Raider would i good idea. Mainly a Coop mode

Tombgeek
4th Jan 2010, 13:35
I would actually like to see a Tomb Raider multiplayer.
Of course, Tomb Raider has, and will always be, a single player game. But a little deathmatch and co-op would be nice.

Samara
15th Jan 2010, 21:19
I wish people would stop the end of the world theory in 2012!!!! The world will no collapse in on itself. Grrr.

This was a joke... Don't kill me.:poke: No offence.

rain122793
15th Jan 2010, 21:36
It'd be interesting to see I guess, but yeah I'm not sure if it would be the same, Lara's always gone solo

Rexie
15th Jan 2010, 21:45
Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart

I'll never let go, Lara! *wipes tears with a tissue, and waves*

In other words, tombstone for TR.

Bampire
15th Jan 2010, 22:02
No thank you. I don't want Multiplayer.

It's quite annoying hearing that not only TR is getting MP but also Assassin's Creed is getting that. Really annoying. These games are not meant to have MP.

tombraidergal
16th Jan 2010, 10:24
This was a joke... Don't kill me.:poke: No offence.

Lol I know it's just everyone says it and it gets pretty annoying lol

TRA_Abomination
16th Jan 2010, 20:29
i found this in trchronicles...(i dunno whether its old so sry if anyone already made a thread about it)
whats ur opinion(next tr in 5 years...?thats good)

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3678.html

5 years of EXPERIENCE for the job position, it didn't referr to the new Tomb Raider coming out in 5 years lol:lol:

Samara
16th Jan 2010, 21:49
Lol I know it's just everyone says it and it gets pretty annoying lol

Sorry. :hmm:

josh1122
16th Jan 2010, 23:36
multiplayer is still a dumb idea

Danielsun_
17th Jan 2010, 00:23
No thank you. I don't want Multiplayer.

It's quite annoying hearing that not only TR is getting MP but also Assassin's Creed is getting that. Really annoying. These games are not meant to have MP.

? the way thats been written makes it sound like its been officially announced, not being picky just concerned because im not really sure how they would successfully pull off multiplayer in TR:hmm:

tombraider1best
17th Jan 2010, 11:15
My idea........
They release the new tomb raider & then a few weeks later they release a multiplayer DLC >>>!!! FOR ALL CONSOLES !!!<<<

Samara
17th Jan 2010, 16:21
multiplayer is still a dumb idea

Yes and it is totally against Tomb Raider's nature.

Ants_27_
17th Jan 2010, 20:47
Yes and it is totally against Tomb Raider's nature.

But... how do we know that Core didn't plan on bringing multi-player to TR even in the original TR. After all, the fact is that the technology just wasn't there.

So, we don't know that they'd wanted some form of multi-player.

jtr7
17th Jan 2010, 22:29
So some of you want multiplayer? Why does it have to be Tomb Raider? Why not a multiplayer game that has that world or those systems in mind? Why do you want to make fundamental alterations to a game, changing it to what is mostly something else altogether, instead of starting from scratch with all the borrowed concepts you want? What are you really saying when you want to force fundamental change on the series rather than make a game on the side, huh?

Why are video-games treated by some as a free-for-all medium, when you cannot make such changes to sports games or board games without having to call it something else and branch off and leave the tradition the hell alone? Pick a popular sport or board game and make a bunch of fundamental changes to it and see how warm a reception you get for calling it stagnant but still use the same title. You're not happy? You think the fundamentals are flawed and need to be changed to something so different, do you? Isn't it really about how you have fallen out of love with the games and haven't got the nerve to fess up and walk away?

Tombgeek
18th Jan 2010, 17:48
So some of you want multiplayer? Why does it have to be Tomb Raider? Why not a multiplayer game that has that world or those systems in mind? Why do you want to make fundamental alterations to a game, changing it to what is mostly something else altogether, instead of starting from scratch with all the borrowed concepts you want? What are you really saying when you want to force fundamental change on the series rather than make a game on the side, huh?

Why are video-games treated by some as a free-for-all medium, when you cannot make such changes to sports games or board games without having to call it something else and branch off and leave the tradition the hell alone? Pick a popular sport or board game and make a bunch of fundamental changes to it and see how warm a reception you get for calling it stagnant but still use the same title. You're not happy? You think the fundamentals are flawed and need to be changed to something so different, do you? Isn't it really about how you have fallen out of love with the games and haven't got the nerve to fess up and walk away?

Tomb Raider can still be Tomb Raider with a multiplayer component. I can say the same thing about Bioshock, that multiplayer does not suit the tone and pace of the game, but they did add it anyway, and now look at it. I do not need to mention Uncharted, because that has been mentioned how many times? Part of being in a development company is to prove to consumers you can make something work even if it seems silly or impossible. Tomb Raider will be a huge challenge, if Crystal Dynamics do decide to include multiplayer, but it could work. It does not have to be deathmatch or any other modes, maybe co-op?
That reminds me of Resident Evil 5. RE was not intended to be a multiplayer game. Guess what, they experimented with the concept and got it right.

tombraider1best
19th Jan 2010, 09:11
That reminds me of Resident Evil 5. RE was not intended to be a multiplayer game. Guess what, they experimented with the concept and got it right.

Ya i totally agree i loved RE5 multiplayer online & offline, (unless you playing with a poop who throws grenades at you -_-) i mainly showed people were the BSAA emblems were xD

rain122793
19th Jan 2010, 21:41
having multiplayer.... :( no idea how that would work...
it's just not the same, it's not lara to have someone working along side her.
okay i just had a thought!!!!
you know how Underworld ended right?? Lara and Amanda going there seperate ways.. on mutual ground. maybe they are going to be partners on some big adventure or something! ya never know really what CD got up there sleeves! Maybe it's not about her being young again at all, maybe it's just another crazy adventure.
As again, you never know till it's official

Danielsun_
19th Jan 2010, 22:20
that gave me a thought rain122793 what if these concept art leaks aint really lara at all but someone she finds and rescues?

could be an idea maybe you play a few missions as this character to learn about her, but most missions focus on lara then if it does come down to co op one would be lara the other would be this random girl :D

rain122793
20th Jan 2010, 01:21
that gave me a thought rain122793 what if these concept art leaks aint really lara at all but someone she finds and rescues?

could be an idea maybe you play a few missions as this character to learn about her, but most missions focus on lara then if it does come down to co op one would be lara the other would be this random girl :D

Yeah I totally see something like this... where lara will always be played no matter what and you have some other person either being controlled by the computer or someone else. So that way lara is always the main focus even still :D. It could work, it'd be just a little different than what we're use to playing and seeing

NightRain'06
28th Jan 2010, 03:06
As I stated in another thread, No MP in TR. Keep it single player as it always has been and create a better game.