PDA

View Full Version : PERKS Fleet footed

ZexzCSV
2nd Mar 2014, 22:17
Bought the perk to test out how it would counter the "Vampires spamming M1 towards humans that flee" thing y.
But its seems pretty pointless. Unless you have 1 ability that slows a vamp down a second its pretty much useless.
As a Scout I tried to use "throw knifes" at vamps and out run then, and unless I run in a straight line there is noway I'm getting away.
If you run even in a slight curve the M1 attack of vamps just throws them at you because it moves linear and takes "short-cuts" where as running even with fleet footed takes the "long route".
If you cant outrun a vamps M1 with fleet footed, is there even a decent use for it?
Cant really say that 20% makes me get faster anywhere :P

Razaiim
2nd Mar 2014, 22:24
There where serious issues in the alpha where Humans were able to just turn and outrun vampires. Meaning that unless you cornered him or had a cooldown such as leap or charge ready, then they could escape way too easily. This is worse for Tyrants because they already move slower and have shorter lunges than the other vampires. Now if you have some distance and can't fight a vampire, then fleet footed helps, but if he's in your face, than the best you can do is fight it out and hope you kill him, or last until teammates can reinforce/catch him feeding. Which is okay with me. You can also use corners on buildings and stairs to help, as vampire melee gets hung up on that a bit.

ZexzCSV
2nd Mar 2014, 22:29
Ive tried to use corners, but the swipe cone just cuts thru the corner anyway :S
Ive experienced alot more trouble with M1 spamming vamps after Closed beta started ):
And i didnt use fleet foot during alpha.

Hugbringer
3rd Mar 2014, 01:54
Sounds like he was already on top of you and you were expecting the extra sprint speed to take you gradually out of his reach? If I'm correct, getting hit in melee interrupts your sprint and you'll remain within his reach regardless.

If you aren't in his reach to begin with you can stay ahead of a vamp by using corners and taking unpredictable paths to confuse your pursuer. I still do it and did it earlier while 2 vamps were chasing me, lead them almost from one end of Freeport too the other just cutting hard corners and faking them out.

ZexzCSV
3rd Mar 2014, 07:52
Hmm, if a vamp is ontop of me im dead anyway so no point in fleeing :p
I just bought the perk to test if it would be a viable counter to m1 spam, and for me it's no different from regular sprinting.
Ive encountered alot of wierd situations after we turned beta and not managing to dodge vamps M1 is one of them. And its like the cone on m1 especiallly on reaver and sentinel is so big that corners just dont do it for me.
Ill just have to learn dodging differently.
Point with thread was just to find a decent use of the perk as it only works as a counter against m1 spam if stars aligne ;)

Strike5150
3rd Mar 2014, 08:18
Hugbringer is correct and there is one other thing which he did not mention. It is in fact a slow, there is a slow effect for each melee attack you take from a vampire. Its minor but is enough to keep you in range if you try to run. Fleet Footed is incredibly powerful, you can run away from a vampire if you make the decision early enough, but don't expect to get away after you have been engaged.

Also throwing knives and running won't work because you have a hidden cooldown after throwing a knife and can't use another ability (sprint) for a half second or more? not sure how long it is exactly. So I would suggest knife, roll(I would suggest experimenting with ledges and diff directions), shoot. The timing of your roll is of huge importance. Too early and the melee attack will hit anyway, too late and you are already hit before you roll(you end up looking like a noob /sadface ). Knives are actually hugely important if there are teammates that can help you secure the kill. You yourself can't shoot immediately after you throw them, but your team can :).

ZexzCSV
3rd Mar 2014, 14:58
Hugbringer is correct and there is one other thing which he did not mention. It is in fact a slow, there is a slow effect for each melee attack you take from a vampire. Its minor but is enough to keep you in range if you try to run. Fleet Footed is incredibly powerful, you can run away from a vampire if you make the decision early enough, but don't expect to get away after you have been engaged.

Also throwing knives and running won't work because you have a hidden cooldown after throwing a knife and can't use another ability (sprint) for a half second or more? not sure how long it is exactly. So I would suggest knife, roll(I would suggest experimenting with ledges and diff directions), shoot. The timing of your roll is of huge importance. Too early and the melee attack will hit anyway, too late and you are already hit before you roll(you end up looking like a noob /sadface ). Knives are actually hugely important if there are teammates that can help you secure the kill. You yourself can't shoot immediately after you throw them, but your team can :).

Makes sense now if sprint is seen as an ability that shares the hidden CD, and its 1,5 second. :)
Ill try it abit more today, the difference just didnt seem to be there.