PDA

View Full Version : General protection fault! GetOutermost

Winterpale
9th Dec 2009, 22:18
Finished the game a while back, and have just come back to it wanting to re play some of the challenges.

Going fine till the end of the four fight rounds when the game crashed and bought up this error message.

General protection fault! History: QA_APPROVED_BULID_OCTOBER_2008 177051 19-08-2009 13.45.35
FMOD: 4220/42200 Game

GetOutermost() Address =0x731975 (filename not found) [in C:|Program Files\Edios\
Batman Arkham Asylum\Binaries\Shipping PC-BmGame.exe]
GetOutermost() Address =0x731975 (filename not found) [in C:|Program Files\Edios\
Batman Arkham Asylum\Binaries\Shipping PC-BmGame.exe]

Has done this a few time now. Not always at the end of the challenge but it's more reliably happening there. Very annoying when I finally got three medals.

I'm running 32 bit Vista, Nvidia Geforce 8800, fully signed up on windows live, and just updated video drivers. The game was brought through Game and has the free Scarecrow Challenge map installed.

Anyone got any advice/ideas?

Thanks

If I end up having to reinstall are the saved games held on my machine or with Live.

Winterpale
13th Dec 2009, 00:17
Just tried reinstalling, keeping saved games. Same issue occurred again.

Anyone got any ideas?

Winterpale
13th Dec 2009, 17:12
Right then

The fault occurs upon finishing all 4 rounds of a given fight map (don't know about a predator map) as the results are put up. Normally freezes with the first of any bats won flying across the screen. Happens in both of my previously saved games.