PDA

View Full Version : No enemies spawning. Cannot advance in the game.

RobRX-7
9th Dec 2009, 06:02
So i've just beaten the Titan and the horde of henchmen that appear out of the lifts and i head outside on my way to fight poison Ivy, but there are no enemies at all in the grounds.

I've tried reloading from checkpoint but it's still the same. I don't have any objective point on the map and after reading a walkthrough http://uk.xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/batman-arkham-asylum/guide/page_65.html it says to enter the botanical gardens.

Now there are supposed to be big branches blocking the entrance to the gardens forcing you to walk under then back up the other side, but mine doesn't have the branches. It has an invisible wall and even if i try to do as it suggests by going under and back up the other side, i have a little piece of ive stopping me progressing.

I think the game is bugged out and would like to start from an earlier checkpoint. Is this possible??

****EDIT**** After reading this which is the exact same problem, http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=98455 it looks like i can't do jack about it. This game is being uninstalled

Muzzled Penguin
9th Dec 2009, 06:39
I never had that problem, but who is to say that there arent a few defective copies of games out there? lol. As far as I know you cannot restart from an earlier checkpoint, just from the last saved one.

Marcus
9th Dec 2009, 12:15
Have you tried using the 1.1 patch off the Eidos site rather than the version via GFWL? The GFWL doesn't seem to update all the files it ought to on some installs of the game.

rayneman
14th Dec 2009, 03:04
So i've just beaten the Titan and the horde of henchmen that appear out of the lifts and i head outside on my way to fight poison Ivy, but there are no enemies at all in the grounds.

I've tried reloading from checkpoint but it's still the same. I don't have any objective point on the map and after reading a walkthrough http://uk.xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/batman-arkham-asylum/guide/page_65.html it says to enter the botanical gardens.

Now there are supposed to be big branches blocking the entrance to the gardens forcing you to walk under then back up the other side, but mine doesn't have the branches. It has an invisible wall and even if i try to do as it suggests by going under and back up the other side, i have a little piece of ive stopping me progressing.

I think the game is bugged out and would like to start from an earlier checkpoint. Is this possible??

****EDIT**** After reading this which is the exact same problem, http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=98455 it looks like i can't do jack about it. This game is being uninstalled

This exact same thing happened to me, I have a thread about it that's propably a page or so in. I too have uninstalled and shelved this frustrating game. I read that some people who are playing stolen or copied versions run into these problems, but my game was purchased by me new in box, retail price, etc...

I still have my save games, and am hoping for some fix to this...I can't play all the way from the beginning again.

EDIT: I just noticed you linked to my thread on this. At least there's two of us.

RobRX-7
14th Dec 2009, 04:26
I got round it in the end. I downloaded someones savegame and it started me exactly where i had the problem so it worked out perfectly. I went onto fight poison ivy, then the joker and finished the story.

This is whats written in the instructions...

***WARNING***
This thread has certain spoilers in the form of screenshots about Batman: Arkham Asylum. Don't pay much attention to the screenshots posted here if you want enjoy the game as it is supposed to be enjoyed.
***WARNING***

The current Direct2Drive release of Batman: Arkham Asylum has many bugs like glide kick, grapple, PhysX etc. but the biggest one of them all is that the game can be completed only till around 48%~65% where lots of us were stuck at an invisible wall blocking the path in botanical gardens. Some could go as for as the Ivy room where they would fall into a black bottomless pit due to another glitch.

This savegame is just after entering botanical gardens _*without*_ the invisible walls/bottomless floor bugs. I have finished the game using this savegame and believe me when I tell you it's worth it.

I've copy pasted the readme file for your convenience.

Readme.txt:
01. Go to C:\Users\UserName\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\
02. Replace the SaveData folder with the one provided. Make a backup first.
03. Go to C:\Users\UserName\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\
04. Replace the XLive folder with the one provided. Make a backup first.
05. Run the game (the buggy Direct2Drive release).
06. It will show you that all save slots are empty.
07. Press the "Home" key on the keyboard.
08. Click "Sign in" on the Games For Windows Live screen.
09. Login to the "Scale" profile.
10. Click on the red X mark to close the GamesForWindows Live prompt.
11. Hit enter to reload the profile (it asks you to reload).
12. The fourth save slot shows you a savegame. Load it.
13. You are now at Botanical Gardens without the invisible wall.
14. Play through and finish the game. I did.

File can be downloaded here http://www.bigandfree.com/135243

**Note** If you do get the bottomless pit bug when fighting ivy like i did, just keep reloading the checkpoint. Sometimes it bugs out and you fall into darkness and other times it works, reloads the fight and you can fight her again if you got killed.

rayneman
16th Dec 2009, 01:36
Hey - do you know if this works for the retail (i.e. boxed) game or just the downloaded version?

Thanks

RobRX-7
16th Dec 2009, 01:42
Not sure. Surely it's worth a try if your desperate though? If it don't work you can always restore your original GFWL profile and be back to normal in no time.

trek554
16th Dec 2009, 03:09
something similar happened to me on the final boss. I never got the cutscene and you know who just stood there. luckily reloading the checkpoint fixed the glitch. there really needs to more available save spots to play from because this could have ended the entire game for me.

rayneman
16th Dec 2009, 16:26
Not sure. Surely it's worth a try if your desperate though? If it don't work you can always restore your original GFWL profile and be back to normal in no time.

Maybe I will try. Of course I'd have to reinstall the game to try. If it didn't work, I'd likely send the Batman disk through my shredder, cackling like an insane person all the while.

Could this potentially foul up any other games for windows games?

p2kmon
19th Dec 2009, 05:24
I think it's a missing rappelling point. I think it's supposed to be the end of the beam up top. I used a trainer, was able to after some work, float up, and grab onto the beam and get past the invisible wall. There seems to be a number of points that are not showing up in the right spot.

p2kmon

p2kmon
19th Dec 2009, 05:36
Now I'm to ivy, and I open the door and start failing. I'm able to usually glide onto something. Is there a fix for this??? I heard this was some sort of glitch.

Thanks,

p2kmon.

Is there a fix without loading someone else's game ?

jm0077
5th Aug 2012, 18:01
I got round it in the end. I downloaded someones savegame and it started me exactly where i had the problem so it worked out perfectly. I went onto fight poison ivy, then the joker and finished the story.

This is whats written in the instructions...

***WARNING***
This thread has certain spoilers in the form of screenshots about Batman: Arkham Asylum. Don't pay much attention to the screenshots posted here if you want enjoy the game as it is supposed to be enjoyed.
***WARNING***

The current Direct2Drive release of Batman: Arkham Asylum has many bugs like glide kick, grapple, PhysX etc. but the biggest one of them all is that the game can be completed only till around 48%~65% where lots of us were stuck at an invisible wall blocking the path in botanical gardens. Some could go as for as the Ivy room where they would fall into a black bottomless pit due to another glitch.

This savegame is just after entering botanical gardens _*without*_ the invisible walls/bottomless floor bugs. I have finished the game using this savegame and believe me when I tell you it's worth it.

I've copy pasted the readme file for your convenience.

Readme.txt:
01. Go to C:\Users\UserName\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\
02. Replace the SaveData folder with the one provided. Make a backup first.
03. Go to C:\Users\UserName\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\
04. Replace the XLive folder with the one provided. Make a backup first.
05. Run the game (the buggy Direct2Drive release).
06. It will show you that all save slots are empty.
07. Press the "Home" key on the keyboard.
08. Click "Sign in" on the Games For Windows Live screen.
09. Login to the "Scale" profile.
10. Click on the red X mark to close the GamesForWindows Live prompt.
11. Hit enter to reload the profile (it asks you to reload).
12. The fourth save slot shows you a savegame. Load it.
13. You are now at Botanical Gardens without the invisible wall.
14. Play through and finish the game. I did.

File can be downloaded here http://www.bigandfree.com/135243

**Note** If you do get the bottomless pit bug when fighting ivy like i did, just keep reloading the checkpoint. Sometimes it bugs out and you fall into darkness and other times it works, reloads the fight and you can fight her again if you got killed.

Please can you update the downlink page? because is not available :(
BR