PDA

View Full Version : Saved game not loading/lost?

ashot
8th Dec 2009, 20:14
Good day.
Please excuse for any repetition of the same problem, but i did not seem to come across such after a search.
Have an official download version of the game (www.gamersgate.com). Played it without (i think) using the live account, but the game saved the progress no errors. Finished it and wanted to play the challenge mode - it said that to share your ratings go to Live and register. So i did, it asked to update Live, i registered my hotmail account there and what happens next is.
- in the game live does not connect.
- the game does not allow to play it from the save - all i get is a message saying if i want to continue without Live my progress may not be saved and etc. Whilst i have (i guess) my save file in the documents. But it starts from start.
So i cant use live (and i did not use it before i guess since when i finished the game it said i am not signed in and it cannot publish my score) and i cannot continue from my victory. Leaving me with wasted hours of play and i did not solve the big riddle. 2% left!!!.
So. what can be my next actions?

I did not reinstall it yet.
I had the 1.1 Patch from start.
The save files - as i see - are i think the ones i had, since they are not overwritten (date properties did not change) and i see them there.
I tried to check some other peoples save games to see if it will load (its not right, but as a test i gave it a go) - same result.
Reboot and stuff does not work.
Any help would be appreciated.

Nemesis296
8th Dec 2009, 21:40
First question: Do you live in a country where GFWL is supported (there's only like 13 of them I think)?

Assuming you do, I know that I had to wait quite a long time for GFWL to connect my profile up, the progress bar from Microsoft is just an atrocious piece of software. Patience was the answer for me to hook up to LIVE from my PC.

ashot
9th Dec 2009, 02:39
First question: Do you live in a country where GFWL is supported (there's only like 13 of them I think)?

Assuming you do, I know that I had to wait quite a long time for GFWL to connect my profile up, the progress bar from Microsoft is just an atrocious piece of software. Patience was the answer for me to hook up to LIVE from my PC.

Hi
The thing is, i am in Sweden. When was about to register it asked for an account. So i wanted to create one, it opened the browser not closing the game. So i registered, i tried again, and the game said Live needs to update. Ok. But it also restarted the game (i think this is the step where i am off from my game). So when it restared the game, and i was going to log in, it just states problem with connection or maybe i am in a unsupported region. But I cant use the offline profile - it does not give that option! i cant save the game either! So im kind of :mad2: where and how can i play the game now. i now its anti piracy and i do work as customer support, but now i see why people prefer sometimes not to use Live. Its a headache.

UPDATE:
Well, reinstalled the game a couple of times and uninstalled the Live stuff and was able to create the an offline account. But now i have a problem - no saved game opened in game? I have the files, i use the same installation files as before, the game did not even ask for a registration code. But how to load the save game data?