PDA

View Full Version : Early Bane & Harley designs!

Drazar
8th Dec 2009, 16:21
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2009/342/2/2/Harley_incarnations_by_Chuckdee.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2009/342/9/1/Bane_roughs_by_Chuckdee.jpg

You can find more concept art from Carlos D'andan on his own Deviantart page, right here. (http://chuckdee.deviantart.com/) :)

I like some of the Harley Designs, tho some of them are abit too sexed up and the last has a "nazi" feeling with the soldier hat, thats just MY stereotypical thinking that hehe. :D I like Bane's designs alot because here he seems abit more human when it comes to his size and muscles really.

So what do you guys think?

BatDood
8th Dec 2009, 16:41
I liked the middle Harley although I will agree that's it's probably a little too "sexed up". But when you think about it, Poison Ivy is wearing next to nothing in the actual game so they still could have pulled this one off.

royal flush
8th Dec 2009, 17:12
i like that bane better than the one used in the game!

Batman The Trailer Hunter
8th Dec 2009, 17:45
I agree about Harley

The_Hylden
8th Dec 2009, 19:49
The one thing I don't like about the Bane design are the stitched-up sections of his body. Unless this is from excessive muscle tearing, or something crazy, but it makes me wonder what happened to him and makes him look like a pieced-together Frankenstein monster. However, his overall more human design is better. You also have to consider the Bane we fight in the game is super-juiced to the max on Titan, not his usual venom, so that was probably the reasoning for him looking a bit beyond the norm.

The Harley designs are cool. A bit much, but elements of the hat and/or the hat (just not a soldier hat, maybe a guard's) like in the different iconic episodes of her on TAS would have been cool to see.

homeycdawg
8th Dec 2009, 22:07
OMG look at that 2nd Harley! Hubba Hubba "M" rating here we come. :)

Rareless09
9th Dec 2009, 03:45
Bane with brass knuckles! That'll leave a mark:eek:

Great artwork here, I checked the link and there's also an "M" rated Ivy design as well.
I love the notes on the Joker concepts, "Mick Jagger, David Bowie body type..." LOL

AngelsDontKill6
10th Dec 2009, 19:33
im not gonna lie, i really wished they hadn't changed harley's out fit, she looks like a slut in my oppinion and she was never anything like that in batman.
just voicing an oppinion though.

AdamWest
10th Dec 2009, 22:25
Mmmm AdamWest boner activate!

The Jedi Guardian
11th Dec 2009, 01:37
im not gonna lie, i really wished they hadn't changed harley's out fit, she looks like a slut in my opinion and she was never anything like that in batman.
just voicing an oppinion though.

It was weird at first but now that I think about we really haven't seen anything past a pg harley from the animated series (return of the joker doesn't count because she was still the same) so it was the same harley, except she is in a more adult world. (freedom because they had to limit things in the animated series)

homeycdawg
11th Dec 2009, 07:46
It was weird at first but now that I think about we really haven't seen anything past a pg harley from the animated series (return of the joker doesn't count because she was still the same) so it was the same harley, except she is in a more adult world. (freedom because they had to limit things in the animated series)

I dunno about the totally PG rated thing. That episode where she says "Doncha wanna rev up yer harley"? Or the episode where she dances for Joker and says "Wanna try some of my pie?" while taunting him to play with her. Not the typical "girl in bikini" type adult, but it still surprises me to this day that they got away with some of that stuff.

I think a lot of BTAS was beyond PG but the censors couldn't really tell because they were just looking for blood drops and language.

DarkKnightDanny
11th Dec 2009, 16:04
all great stuff. love carlos' work.
actually think harley looks better on paper than she does in game.
something about in game harleys face that doesnt impress me.

The Jedi Guardian
11th Dec 2009, 16:24
I dunno about the totally PG rated thing. That episode where she says "Doncha wanna rev up yer harley"? Or the episode where she dances for Joker and says "Wanna try some of my pie?" while taunting him to play with her. Not the typical "girl in bikini" type adult, but it still surprises me to this day that they got away with some of that stuff.

I think a lot of BTAS was beyond PG but the censors couldn't really tell because they were just looking for blood drops and language.

I thought about that one, and the pie was just being silly.

BatDood
12th Dec 2009, 15:51
It looks like Carlos added another Batman piece. This one was done for charity.
*EDIT* My bad. It wasn't originally created for charity but it was auctioned off for one.

Here (http://chuckdee.deviantart.com/art/Batman-Arkham-auction-146493525)

I might send him a message on DevArt and ask if he'd mind if I threw some digital colours on it. It's a great piece.

The_Hylden
12th Dec 2009, 19:31
Now THAT is epic! :)

I love the comic by him that came with the game, too.

LIGHTS
12th Dec 2009, 23:07
I actually prefer those over the Harley & Bane in the game.

Game Weasel
13th Dec 2009, 00:58
If we could've had the jester hood from that middle version of Harley with the costume we got in the game I'd call it absolutely perfect.

_Love2Raid_
13th Dec 2009, 01:33
I am glad they didn't pick the 2nd Harley. She looks like a cheap hoe, too wannabe sexy.
:thumb:

batfan08
13th Dec 2009, 01:43
OMG look at that 2nd Harley! Hubba Hubba "M" rating here we come. :)

who'd a thunk?Crazy people are into S&M

Disco Phantasm
13th Dec 2009, 05:04
I LOVE the hat on the third Harley. <3

Zombie-Gamer
13th Dec 2009, 21:10
For some weird reason that I can't quite put my fingre on I love the 2nd Harley outfit...... weird huh?
:D

SammiiDoogles
13th Dec 2009, 21:12
Ahhh I saw these the other day, Good ol' Carlos - He's a fantastic artist

Truest_Strike
13th Dec 2009, 23:39
Very nice. I would love to see a Batman: AA Artbook someday if there isn't one already.

SammiiDoogles
14th Dec 2009, 00:03
Very nice. I would love to see a Batman: AA Artbook someday if there isn't one already.

His dA has all the art (so far) and he constantly updates it with new surprise ones.
And theres the booklet that came with the collectors edition which has D'Andas designs of several characters, some not even in the game.

warvibe24
14th Dec 2009, 01:13
i like that bane better than the one used in the game!

Idk, at first it alright but when i keep looking at it not really i don't like the brace knuckles.

Truest_Strike
14th Dec 2009, 04:50
His dA has all the art (so far) and he constantly updates it with new surprise ones.
And theres the booklet that came with the collectors edition which has D'Andas designs of several characters, some not even in the game.

I see. Thanks. Wish I didn't miss out on the Collector's Edition. I won't make that mistake again should they do the same thing with part 2.

Disco Phantasm
15th Dec 2009, 03:04
^You're in luck if you're in the US! Amazon has the CE for 60$!

PS3 (http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Collectors-Playstation-3/dp/B001TOTST0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1260846243&sr=8-5)
Xbox 360 (http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Collectors-Xbox-360/dp/B001TOMQT4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1260846243&sr=8-4)

Black-Xero
15th Dec 2009, 03:14
I liked Bane's look than the one used in the game.changing the brown into black would have been better.

Kai Rei
15th Dec 2009, 03:25
I, to prefer Bane's look here in the picture. He looks awesome. Harley, not bad, but perhaps too over the top.

Truest_Strike
15th Dec 2009, 03:25
^You're in luck if you're in the US! Amazon has the CE for 60$!

PS3 (http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Collectors-Playstation-3/dp/B001TOTST0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1260846243&sr=8-5)
Xbox 360 (http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Collectors-Xbox-360/dp/B001TOMQT4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1260846243&sr=8-4)

Wow, you're right. Thank you thank you.