PDA

View Full Version : BMAA sluggish performance Windows 7

eroom
8th Dec 2009, 11:09
Hi Guys,
This is my first post so be gentle! LOL

I have issue which happened once i change from Vista 32 - Window 7 64. The game worked fine on Vista. I did a clean install of window 7, i then install BMAA which had an message pop up which said "setup has detected that realtek integrated sound card is installed and there are issues refer Read me file" so i continued with the install. Once i started playing the game it became sluggish, the sound was ahead of where the game was, the sound was crackly & also echoes. So i organized a new sound card hoping this mite help the situation but with no success. Has anyone had this issue or no what i can do? All my other games work great no issues at all.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66Hz
Ram: 4GB
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Bios: Phoenix - AwardBios v6.00PG

Cheers Stef :thumb:

deders
8th Dec 2009, 12:05
Have you installed the latest drivers from Nvidia, or just let windows install them for you?

eroom
8th Dec 2009, 12:17
Yes i've installed the lasted Nvidia driver, no i do them myself.

deders
8th Dec 2009, 15:59
Is the sound do exactly the same with your new card? have you disabled it in the bios?
Sorry if these seem like simple questions but i like to be thorough.
Most people don't have any trouble playing this game with Windows 7, it is basically (as i'm sure you're aware) a better version of vista, so if it used to work, you have to work out what could possibly be different about your fresh install.
Have you installed your motherboard drivers?

eroom
9th Dec 2009, 09:11
Yes i did the same with the new card, i also disable the sound in the bios!

eroom
9th Dec 2009, 11:58
i did a bit of trial and error and found a webpage about PhysX, it mentioned about changing the line PhysXLevel=0 so that it reads PhysXLevel=1. I found my was at 2 and changed it to 1 it made a huge difference. I changed it back to 0 which the is about 90% i still got sound crackling though. What the thoughts guys? What do i do?

eroom
15th Dec 2009, 11:59
Ok guys I've my wits end with my issue, I've unistalled. cleaned & reinstalled both graphics & sound cards i've also reinstalled the game . The game play is smoother but the sound is still not 100% there is still crackling and is not clear. Does anyone have any ideas???

Cheers Stef