PDA

View Full Version : bug - scarecrow 3rd encounter

Svinto
8th Dec 2009, 00:22
In the Intensive Treatment building after taking out a bunch of armored goons, you access a long corridor by going through one of 2 doors. Here you meet the Scarecrow for the 3:rd time.
When I did this the whole game flipped out.

TOC
1. Here's what happened (simple version)
2. Is this a bug?
3. Here's what happened (detailed version)
4. Extra information
5. Footnotes

1) Here's what happened (simple version):
I enter the corridor.
I walk through the corridor, suddenly graphical glitches appears all over the screen.
The game intro starts playing with Batmans and Jokers roles reversed*.
Joker shoots Batman. I get Mission failed. I press "retry".
Now I'm suddenly inside Scarecrows world.
I beat Scarecrow, he runs away. Game progresses as normal.

2) Is this a bug?
What happened to the game intro with the reversed roles? What would happen if I dodged the bullet shot by Joker?
Is the reverse-roles-intro supposed to happen later in the game?

3) More detailed version:
I enter the corridor through the right door.
In the corridor I immediately unlocked a door to the right. I searched the room then went back to the corridor.
After walking through the corridor a bit a female voice said something, after that I got graphical glitches all over the screen. The glitches was not a part of the 3D-ingame-world, it comprised of tiny squares with weird graphics all over the screen.
The intro of the game started playing with Batman and Jokers roles where reversed*.
Joker shot Batman. I got mission failed. A text explained that I was supposed to dodge the shot.
I press retry.
Now all of a sudden I'm inside Scarecrows world.
After defeating Scarecrow I notice that I'm in the left side of the corridor.

4) Was I supposed to access the corridor through the left door?
Two details I noticed:
1. I accessed the corridor through the right door and after defeating the Scarecrow I was suddenly in the left side of the corridor**.
2. I went back to the room where I defeated all the armed goons, went back into the right side of the corridor, walked to the other side and into the next room. I saw the Scarecrow going down an elevator. After that Batman stands outside the left door from the corridor.
Two details which seems to show that the game is hard coded for the player to walk through the left side of the corridor. Is this the cause of the bug?

5) Extra information:
NOTE: This is my first play-through.
I play the European PS3-version.
I play on hard (does it matter?).
I searched the forums before I made this post.

6) Footnotes
*The game intro with the reversed roles was the intro from the start of the game. Batman (now replaced by Joker) driver Joker (Batman) to Arkham in the Batmobile. After that Joker (now replaced by Batman) is led through Arkham tied to a chair.
**Remember that the corridor is actually 2 corridors alongside each other separated by a fence. You can't directly access one corridor from the other.

homeycdawg
8th Dec 2009, 01:54
Congratulations, you've just been mind-f****d by one of the best parts of this game. This happens regardless of which corridor you walk through, and you always come out of Scarecrow-land in the left corridor.

You could try dodging the bullet by using the middle stick. :)

BatDood
8th Dec 2009, 03:41
Yep, homeycdawg hit the nail on the head. It's not a bug. It's SUPPOSED to happen. It's all part of the game to mess with your head. You can't dodge the bullet. Even though it suggests - using the "middle" stick. I'm sure you've realized that there IS no middle stick.

Just laugh it off by saying "haha, you guys got me good" and then sit back and enjoy the rest of the game.

Svinto
8th Dec 2009, 05:33
Thanks ppl.
I was afraid I got a corrupt save because of this. Now I feel save to continue playing.

Thx again. ;)

theguf
8th Dec 2009, 08:47
That gas has nasty effects...

Nemesis296
8th Dec 2009, 13:06
Congratulations, you've just been mind-f****d by one of the best parts of this game. This happens regardless of which corridor you walk through, and you always come out of Scarecrow-land in the left corridor.

:lol:

Batman The Trailer Hunter
8th Dec 2009, 17:44
LOL the OP got PUNKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intresca133
8th Dec 2009, 19:27
Haha, well kudos to the developer then. That sequence had the exact effect they were looking for.

Nemesis296
8th Dec 2009, 19:49
4) Was I supposed to access the corridor through the left door?
Two details I noticed:
1. I accessed the corridor through the right door and after defeating the Scarecrow I was suddenly in the left side of the corridor**.

Oh just as an FYI, you also had a similar thing happen in the Mansion ;) You start by the Library and ended up above the bell in the Main Hall :scratch: It's just because it's a scarecrow event :)

The_Hylden
8th Dec 2009, 19:54
The whole point of the Scarecrow sections are that you are still wide awake and moving around, but are seeing things that aren't there. That's why, after Batman wakes up fromt he third time, he has his hand around the neck of Scarecrow in the other side of the main entrance, and around him are two fallen Titans and a few enemies. Those were the actual enemies he was facing while you were, in Batman's perception, fighting Skeletons. So, it makes perfect sense that when Batman wakes up, he's not where he started. He's not blacking out, but simply hallucinating.

For PC, btw, it tells you to doge using the mouse. Heh.

Nemesis296
8th Dec 2009, 21:37
For PC, btw, it tells you to doge using the mouse. Heh.

It's actually tilting the mouse :rasp:

homeycdawg
11th Dec 2009, 08:05
I thought it was pretty cool that they left evidence that Batman was just tripping and not dreaming, like the knocked-out thugs after the third encounter.

It kinda makes me laugh thinking about how silly Batman must have looked bugging his way through whatever he went through to get to the top of the bell during the second Scarecrow in the library. Or banging his head on the morgue door and thinking he had already walked through it during the first Scarecrow. :)

Riddler's Rampage
13th Dec 2009, 02:32
This makes me sad. I couldn't get the game until 2 weeks after it came out because of a *****ed up 360, and i accidently ruined this for myself on the fourms (curse my curiosity!). Now i will never know how it feels.:( But yeah you got it good!

P.S. my first post in about 2 months!

g3xaef
20th Dec 2009, 05:55
Hello guys, in truth, this part (After walking through the corridor a bit a female voice said something, after that I got graphical glitches all over the screen. The glitches was not a part of the 3D-ingame-world, it comprised of tiny squares with weird graphics all over the screen.) of his explanation is really a graphic glitch. Happened to me several times. And it doesn't look anything close to a developer made graphics. Tried it 3 times and it's the same thing. At first I thought my video card was fried. Then I read this post, so I thought I'd play through it again for the 4th time. After the graphics glitch sequence, maybe about 4 seconds through, the intro in reversed roles played as intended by the developers. So the sequence in not a bug or glitch, but the graphics before it.

20th Dec 2009, 15:27
Hello guys, in truth, this part (After walking through the corridor a bit a female voice said something, after that I got graphical glitches all over the screen. The glitches was not a part of the 3D-ingame-world, it comprised of tiny squares with weird graphics all over the screen.) of his explanation is really a graphic glitch. Happened to me several times. And it doesn't look anything close to a developer made graphics. Tried it 3 times and it's the same thing. At first I thought my video card was fried. Then I read this post, so I thought I'd play through it again for the 4th time. After the graphics glitch sequence, maybe about 4 seconds through, the intro in reversed roles played as intended by the developers. So the sequence in not a bug or glitch, but the graphics before it.

Give this man a cookie! :thumb:

A Dark Hunter
21st Dec 2009, 06:27
Give this man a cookie! :thumb:

*gives g3xaef a cookie*

TheDemon
21st Dec 2009, 13:37
It was a cool Hideo Kojima moment. Or heck, Eternal Darkness.

Good stuff.

BloodLegacy
21st Dec 2009, 18:44

I'm pretty sure the 'glitch' is intentional.

(00:16)
x3DyZll5GwA

If you mean it looks like that anyway.

illisghost
21st Dec 2009, 18:46

:lol::rasp::lol:

21st Dec 2009, 19:33
Does anyone NOT notice Batman coughing like he does the other times????

homeycdawg
21st Dec 2009, 21:01
By the third Scarecrow encounter, I was like "Cool Batman is coughing, here we go again".

Of course, the fake crash still startled me. :)

Viceroy Phoenix
21st Dec 2009, 22:02
At that point of the Scarecrow Dreamscape I was |This| close to turning of my console. Good thing i didn't!

THE SALTY LCPL
22nd Dec 2009, 01:09
lol when that happended to me for first time i almost freaked out thought my game was crashing then i thought back to that game while back called eternal darkness for the gamecube (anyone know what im talkin about?) so i waited sure enough i was right the good ol game devolper mind f**k

22nd Dec 2009, 16:27
lol when that happended to me for first time i almost freaked out thought my game was crashing then i thought back to that game while back called eternal darkness for the gamecube (anyone know what im talkin about?) so i waited sure enough i was right the good ol game devolper mind f**k

Hahah The Metal Gear series did stuff like this too

batmanboy11
22nd Dec 2009, 19:24
This allways happens, it isn't a bug. The first time I saw this I was like WTF! But as far as I can tell there is no way to dodge the Joker's gun. If you look at the screen that says "Retry" and "Quit" than it says something like "Use the middle thumbstick to dodge the Joker"s gun" and there is no middle thumbstick on the 360 controller or the PS3 controller.