PDA

View Full Version : SCOUT Warbow

k8Faust
2nd Mar 2014, 18:58
So, lately I've been using the Warbow as much as possible. Honestly, I think it's great, but it can be frustrating to land 4 shots and be one shot shy of a kill. I've picked up Tinkerer to counter this, but wonder if it wouldn't be better for the Warbow to have 1 extra shot per clip by default.

I've also been disappointed with a half-charged shot not really doing anything more than damage. The Warbow's biggest draw is being able to stop a Vampire when fully charged, but otherwise you'd be better off simply rapidly firing. Due to the extensive amount of time required to fully charge a shot, I rarely get to use it to its full potential during an engagement, only before or after one. That said, I'd like to see the Warbow be able to stagger Vampires when it reaches 50% charge, so that my time spent charging it isn't a total waste.

Furthermore, I've been disappointed by the fact that a fully charged shot will not deter a charging Tyrant. I would expect it to, at the very least, stagger and cancel a Tyrant's charge.

Finally, I'd like to point out how much I love knock a Vampire off a ledge. That said, it is so disappointing when the Vampire doesn't budge an inch, simply flopping on its back instead. I'd like if it knocked them back some as well as toppling them over, just enough to send them off the nearby edge.

Hugbringer
3rd Mar 2014, 02:26
The physics of the warbow always makes me chuckle...as the amount of kinetic energy that is imparted too the target should be relatively equal to what the shooter experiences. You know the whole equal and opposite reaction thingy....but anyway :)

I think that the Tyrant charge being this sort of indomitable force that isn't stopped is a great aspect of the power and gives it a niche that it needs to maintain. It is a serious risk to use it and if it were able to stopped so easily by one scout covering a doorway....which is all too common, I'm afraid that tyrants would be used even less than they already are.

The warbow is already good in that it isn't just the damage and the knockdown, it the ability of the rest of the humans to capitalize on the vulnerable vampire that is the true power of the bow in my opinion. Having the damage, the knockdown and even further fall damage to nearly 1 shot a vampire with a single charged arrow would be too much.

k8Faust
3rd Mar 2014, 16:02
The physics of the warbow always makes me chuckle...as the amount of kinetic energy that is imparted too the target should be relatively equal to what the shooter experiences. You know the whole equal and opposite reaction thingy....but anyway :)

I think that the Tyrant charge being this sort of indomitable force that isn't stopped is a great aspect of the power and gives it a niche that it needs to maintain. It is a serious risk to use it and if it were able to stopped so easily by one scout covering a doorway....which is all too common, I'm afraid that tyrants would be used even less than they already are.

The warbow is already good in that it isn't just the damage and the knockdown, it the ability of the rest of the humans to capitalize on the vulnerable vampire that is the true power of the bow in my opinion. Having the damage, the knockdown and even further fall damage to nearly 1 shot a vampire with a single charged arrow would be too much.

I agree that a charging Tyrant is definitely a forced to be reckoned with, but to be able to charge from a far enough distance away that a Scout can fully charge his Warbow and not be vulnerable to its stopping power is... a bit silly. The Warbow takes quite a bit of time to charge, and a pre-charged Warbow--or any bow--leaves a Scout completely vulnerable to being flanked. So, I think it's a fair trade-off to be able to give pause to anything that crosses a Scout's line-of-sight when using the Warbow.

Perhaps using Enrage could negate the stopping power of a Warbow when charging as a Tyrant, or perhaps using Charge instead of Marathon would negate it. Regardless, I think that, in some instance, a full-charge should deter a charging Tyrant.

Well, actually, the damage of a fully drawn Warbow is only equal to less than half a Vampire's health, and the fall damage barely breaks 50 currently, IIRC. I don't care for an increase in fall damage, just the ability to send a Vampire off a rooftop if they stand close enough to a ledge, which they often do.

Oroibahazopi
3rd Mar 2014, 16:46
Warbow has always been the worst bow. It what you trade for being able to knockdown every 3.5 seconds.

Razaiim
3rd Mar 2014, 19:00
However, that knockdown is far and away one of the most useful things a scout can do. A jump tyrant coming in for a big hit and then knocked down mid air and lands in clear line of fire of the whole team, knocking down sentinels preparing a dive bomb or kidnap, and my warbow has saved my butt from a reaver pouncing right at me.

MrGoldteddy
5th Mar 2014, 00:09
a well aimed Warbow charge shot can stop any vampire dead in their track, which adds a support role to the Scout.
you give up Damage for utillity, that could in the long run save your team from losing.