PDA

View Full Version : IOI, I love you guys and your games, but if you don't fix FA then you guys don't need

One of Seven
4th Dec 2009, 11:17
Then you guys don't need to have a multiplayer in the second game. I have killed so many people ranked higher than me (360 version), but I can't gain rank because people are always quiting, stand-bying, and ganging up, not that ganging up is bad, but it pisses you off when all of these other aspects come into play. I'm ranked 4 of 7 on FA, I have killed these people listed below

two hot chicks (number 3)

Futile Assassin (Number 2)

SStroo (Number 4)

AND MANY MANY MORE!!!!!!!!! Repeatedly, and on the final round they drop out and my stats for killing them and my trueskill rank increase are shot. And please god let the game migrate host and if not, SAVE THE STATS even if the host, or everybody disconnects.

This disconnecting garbage is really hurting the game, I'm apparently having a message fight with "two hot chicks", who apparently has fun disconnecting on people to have fun with them. And Futile Assassin said " I'm not letting you Fa**** (slur for homosexuals) gain any rank." And it's not just these two with this type of mentality. It's almost gamebreaking to me that other peoples stats and games, are effected by others disconnecting to either, screw with people, or not being able to take a loss. Man, I can't even play full length games half of the time!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of Seven
4th Dec 2009, 11:50
Ha, but all of the people I've listed above, will stay in the game if they're doing good, but as soon as there's a challange against them they bail out. And if they're host everybody get's disconnected, and I always see hosts that disconnect make another game that they might do well in, but if the other players don't play the way the host wants them to, well the room gets shutdown.

Dr Klowneus
4th Dec 2009, 12:22
Welcome to fragile alliance on the 360, it's been this way since i can remember, and i can remember when the game launched, first of all, they wont fix it, there's no patch coming. secondly, who really cares about rank - people who boost - thats who, there are two achievements that are based on rank, they are worth zero points, do you know how many people have them - zero - yes a big fat nobody, why? because thy cant boost their main profiles up high enough - it's impossible, there are allot of profiles with the achievements on them but they are just boosted profiles and are in essence useless. as for the quitters - yes they suck, but my advice - play with friends, host your own games, play for fun, have a F#$K you attitude and forget about rank

Kent-45
4th Dec 2009, 14:51
Exactly... the ranking system, even when I used to play on GFWL was messed up and it's pretty much always gonna be that way.

you are right though, Fragile Alliance needs an overhaul and from what little information we have heard, it sounds like they have delivered on this. They are saying that Fragile Alliance players won't be disappointed.

One of Seven
4th Dec 2009, 17:39
Welcome to fragile alliance on the 360, it's been this way since i can remember, and i can remember when the game launched, first of all, they wont fix it, there's no patch coming. secondly, who really cares about rank - people who boost - thats who, there are two achievements that are based on rank, they are worth zero points, do you know how many people have them - zero - yes a big fat nobody, why? because thy cant boost their main profiles up high enough - it's impossible, there are allot of profiles with the achievements on them but they are just boosted profiles and are in essence useless. as for the quitters - yes they suck, but my advice - play with friends, host your own games, play for fun, have a F#$K you attitude and forget about rank

Oh I know there's no patch coming, my point was if they keep Fragile Alliance the way it is, then there's no need for it to be in the second game. I've had the game since launch as well, but up until now it seems like everybody's a quitter. I host all the time, and everybody pretty much disconnects. I don't need the rank as much as I want to finish games, but you know it gets old really fast when you know you're going to rank up and the person drops out taking away that chance. I only have 3 people on my list who have K&L, one's too busy flirting with Xbox girls, one rarely has his copy on him, and the other is just doing his thing.

I'm usually playing alone, which I don't have a problem with really, the only problem I have with it is when everybody drops out.

ohitspatty
4th Dec 2009, 18:35
I know what you mean. I played with SStroo last night.

As far as I remember...It has always been this way. Do you know how many times I owned the man in suits? If they didn't quit my rank would be way higher than level 24. In fact, at one point I was up to level 29 but I lost my "game" and started to drop. I don't mind, it's not like I'll get those two last achievements lol

However, having a suit would be nice...

Dr Klowneus
4th Dec 2009, 18:46
I'm in a suit and i dont quit - so feel free to add me, - there are a bunch of frag alliance players on my friends list too who dont quit

dark_angel_7
5th Dec 2009, 10:53
I have never played Co-op or the FA multiplayer mode. I know, I know, but its too late as I uninstalled and gave the game away. I don't feel like I've missed out on anything amazing but I still would've liked to play these two options. I really hope though that IOI improves upon them as much as possible. Who knows, it could be as half as popular as COD online if it's done right. Or is that just wishful thinking? :o

Kent-45
5th Dec 2009, 16:58
I think Fragile Alliance will be very popular if several things happen:

1. The gameplay is not repetitive

2. There are hardwired preventative systems to handle griefing

3. Updates are released, fixing problems

4. There is a Steam release, with access to the Steam community of PC players.

ohitspatty
5th Dec 2009, 18:46
Hmm, I think if they do similar thing as in Left 4 Dead series where the main enemies are randomly through out the level. Like regualr cops can always be in same spot but have SWAT members attack differently. Also like if the team is owning the cops and SWATs than there should be more coming. I think that the escape to the car should be more epic in sense of more shootouts in-between.

Dr Klowneus
6th Dec 2009, 00:21
I think Fragile Alliance will be very popular if several things happen:

1. The gameplay is not repetitive

2. There are hardwired preventative systems to handle griefing

3. Updates are released, fixing problems

4. There is a Steam release, with access to the Steam community of PC players.

Exactly this, regular updates would fix allot of the problems, the main thing is they need to ban all the boosters, and all the boosted accounts and delete them off the leader-board, but yeah they need to seriously play test Dog Days to make sure - people cant boost in the first place

GrievousOdyssey
6th Dec 2009, 14:46
Seeing as how IO is working on three projects at the same time , i highly doubt they'll have enough time and resources to make frequent updates as Valve would do ...

Kent-45
6th Dec 2009, 19:31
I assume the 3 projects you're referring to are: Hitman 5, Kane & Lynch 2, and the unnamed 3rd "brutal crime simulator" that they have hinted at.

I think they have different teams working on this stuff. Obviously they'd have to. Either way, I think their priority is Kane & Lynch 2 right now, they gotta get it released by next year and I doubt they want another fiasco like with the first game.