PDA

View Full Version : help problems with ATI

embassy
3rd Dec 2009, 13:48
Hi, i have a ATI 5850, and i installed patch 1.1
Now in video settings, i can't disable Pyshx!!!!:mad2: I have only two options: high, normal. But i don't have: NO !!!
So when i test with batman's benchmark, it shows me, only 15fps avarege.
Other problem, when i set ON, motion blur effect. This effect create a texture problem, that show me all in trasparency, and the image is correct only to back batman's cloak (i see this in start, when batman is up)

help me plz... i can't disable physx and i'm sure that this create me all problem!!

PS: 1.1 patch... is only for physx? is possible uninstall it?

thx

Marcus
3rd Dec 2009, 14:09
Are you sure?

Run the Launcher (right click the game icon in Vista, or select Launcher from the Start Menu in XP) and click Settings, which takes you to the Display Settings menu.

At the bottom of the window there is a Hardware Accelerated PhysX option. It should be off.

It's possible that you have your other settings too high if you're getting a low frame rate - try dropping them and trying again.

The 1.1 patch is for all users, not just NVidia one.

If you're still having problems, post your Dxdiag and whether you're playing the DVD, D2D or Steam version.

embassy
3rd Dec 2009, 14:51
unfortunately, i'm sure... in this moment my settings is (respectively):
yes
1680x1050
yes
Use ATI Control panel
Geforse 8800+ request
Very Hig
Yes
Yes
No (Motion blur in this moment give me aforementioned problem)
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Normal (and i can select only High, or next value, i don't remember in this moment the label, but i can't selec NO)

ps my system is: Intel i7 860 | ASUS p7p55d Deluxe | 2x2GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2000 | Corsair HX750 | Noctua u12p SE | Thermaltake Eureka | Sapphire ATI HD5850

imho, i'd have any problems :mad2:

Marcus
3rd Dec 2009, 15:05
That's very weird...

Go into your documents/Eidos/Batman/BmGame/Config directory, and open UserEngine.ini. Find the line that says "PhysXLevel=1" and change it to "PhysXLevel=0"

Probably not a bad idea to make a backup of the file before changing it.

embassy
3rd Dec 2009, 15:12
thx ... tonight i try it!