PDA

View Full Version : Shippingpc-Bmgame.exe problems

lightnrain
3rd Dec 2009, 10:47
Whenever i double click the BmLauncher to start the game, one batman A.A window comes out and it has the option Play, Settings, View readme file and Exit. When i press play it says: ShippingPC-BmGame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. I clicked Don't Send and they gave me this: General protection fault!

History: ?INT?Version.ID.Unreal? ?INT?VERSION.ID.Local? FMOD:42200/42200 Game

RaiseExeption() Address = 0x7c812afb (filename not found)
GColour::GetHSI() Address = 0x1c5f95a (filename not found)
GColour::GetHSI() Address = 0x1a9f47f (filename not found)

There was only one option and that was OK so i clicked it, and it gave me: ShippingPC-BmGame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

And i clicked Don't Send and nothing happen, i cannot play the game, i cannot even enter the game. Can someone please tell me the solution to this problem i REALLY want to play Batman Arkham Asylum.:)

angelus0901
4th Dec 2009, 20:43
You have a whole thread about it here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95851)

Did you install the update to 1.1?
Download it here (http://eidos.http.internapcdn.net/eidos_vitalstream_com/batman/Batman_TU_v1.1_EFIGS.exe)

lightnrain
5th Dec 2009, 02:39
You have a whole thread about it here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95851)

Did you install the update to 1.1?
Download it here (http://eidos.http.internapcdn.net/eidos_vitalstream_com/batman/Batman_TU_v1.1_EFIGS.exe)

Hey i did as you told and it work! But they asked me for my production key, how can i find it? Oh by the way, when im in the main screen i saw at the bottom it says V1.0 but i have install the update 1.1, whats happening? And when i played the game without entering the production code( i wanted to try it out) , it was quite lag and i have just updated my nvidia driver a few minutes ago, how do i fix this lag?

angelus0901
6th Dec 2009, 18:07
If you don't have the code, you can always create an offline account... as for the lagging, be sure to update all the important drivers... And do you have physx turned on? Try turning it off... I'm sorry, I have a Radeon so I don't know much about that... ;)

deders
6th Dec 2009, 18:38
What is your spec?
What version of the game did you buy? (Steam, D2D, DVD?)

lightnrain
7th Dec 2009, 01:25
If you don't have the code, you can always create an offline account... as for the lagging, be sure to update all the important drivers... And do you have physx turned on? Try turning it off... I'm sorry, I have a Radeon so I don't know much about that... ;)

How can i turn the physx off?

deders
7th Dec 2009, 01:29
physx can be turned off in the launcher, either right click on the desktop icon and select launcher, or find it in the same directory as the .exe (binaries)
Offline account can be created by pressing home at the title screen and following on screen instructions from there

lightnrain
7th Dec 2009, 01:38
How do i find my specs? Is it by running dxdiag?

deders
7th Dec 2009, 01:41
should show you most of the info
CPU
Memory
Windows version
Graphics
Sound

lightnrain
7th Dec 2009, 01:44
So if im going to show my specs, does that mean i have to click on save all information and post the file here?

deders
7th Dec 2009, 01:48
no, just type in the model names and numbers for the hardware I listed above
EG:
Processor: AMD Athlon64x2 @3.0ghz
Ram: 4gb
Windows: Vista
Graphics: Nvidia 9800gtx+ x2 SLI
Sound: Creative soundblaster XFI

lightnrain
7th Dec 2009, 01:49
physx can be turned off in the launcher, either right click on the desktop icon and select launcher, or find it in the same directory as the .exe (binaries)
Offline account can be created by pressing home at the title screen and following on screen instructions from there

I can't find any launcher option when i right click the icon

deders
7th Dec 2009, 01:51
then right click on the icon, select 'properties', click on 'open file location' and look for 'launcher' in the folder that appears

lightnrain
7th Dec 2009, 01:57
Ok so my specs are
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.40
GHz(4CPUs)

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Windows: Xp

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8400

Sound: Realtek HD Audio rear output

lightnrain
7th Dec 2009, 02:00
When i right click and clicked on properties they gave me a box with a few tabs saying: General, Shortcut, Compatibility

deders
7th Dec 2009, 02:02
The graphics are the weak link in this chain. When you get the launcher up, try reducing the detail in the graphics options. If it runs smoothly, bring them back up one at a time and see which ones you can have on with your system and which ones you can't.

the open file location button should be in the shortcut tab

lightnrain
7th Dec 2009, 02:06
Ok after clicking the shortcut tab what should i do next? And the graphics option only has, Dialogue volume, Music volume, SFX volume and Brightness i don't see any thing that says lowering the graphic

deders
7th Dec 2009, 02:08
there should be a button you can press called 'open file location'.
The graphics options are in the launcher itself, not the game.

lightnrain
7th Dec 2009, 02:12
I only got Find target, Change icon and Advanced, how do you change the graphics outside the game?

deders
7th Dec 2009, 02:15
click on 'find target'. sorry, it's the same thing as open file location is in Vista
I don't know how I can explain this any clearer. Graphics options are set from within the launcher, which you will find if you follow my instructions

lightnrain
7th Dec 2009, 02:19
Oh i found it click on settings when you are in the launcher

lightnrain
7th Dec 2009, 02:21
Yes finally its not laggy anymore!! Thx man you are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deders
7th Dec 2009, 02:28
Glad I could help

lightnrain
7th Dec 2009, 05:17
But it's still lagging in some part of the game, is there any way to fix this?

deders
7th Dec 2009, 05:18
Which parts?

lightnrain
7th Dec 2009, 05:33
I have not played much but i will tell you which part it lags as far as i can remember, at the starting where you found joker and had to fight with that Giant guy, when i was walking in same places it lags, the place where you found officer boyles dead and after getting out of the intensive treatment building, i have only played till here

deders
7th Dec 2009, 05:36
are all your settings turned down?

lightnrain
7th Dec 2009, 05:38
I think so at the launcher i set the Detailed level to low and everything below is either no or off

deders
7th Dec 2009, 05:40
probably not a lot else you can do, apart from get a new graphics card

lightnrain
7th Dec 2009, 05:43
oh ok than thx