PDA

View Full Version : Well I guess that's all she wrote...

Kent-45
3rd Dec 2009, 05:08
I love how IOInteractive stays absolutely quiet for day after day about this game that they went through all this trouble to announce, and all this trouble to utilize these social networking sites... the Facebook page, the twitter, all that stuff... and yet they hardly ever use it.

Why even announce the game if you've got nothing to say about it? Why even put a website online if you've got no information you're prepared to released? Is this supposed to be a hype campaign? I'm confused.

Somebody explain to me what we're all doing here... besides waiting indefinitely...

Mercenary of The7
3rd Dec 2009, 05:18
Patience is a virtue, young grasshopper. You can't expect IOI to release info/screenshots/trailers and what not until its release, can you?

One of Seven
3rd Dec 2009, 05:48
http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2008/10/16/lxl.jpg

When you put water into the cup, it becomes the cup. When you put water into the bottle, it becomes the bottle. Be like water my friend. So in other words, I guess just be patient? They've released information on the game (granted not here in the states), and have put up teasers, I'm suprised there's this much on it truthfully.

Who know's, maybe it's a hype campaign, stuff like that usually doesn't get to me. But overall that's what all of us can only do, wait, and be like water.

Bevacur
3rd Dec 2009, 12:27
http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2008/10/16/lxl.jpg

When you put water into the cup, it becomes the cup. When you put water into the bottle, it becomes the bottle. Be like water my friend. So in other words, I guess just be patient? They've released information on the game (granted not here in the states), and have put up teasers, I'm suprised there's this much on it truthfully.

Who know's, maybe it's a hype campaign, stuff like that usually doesn't get to me. But overall that's what all of us can only do, wait, and be like water.

Lol that made me laugh, im just guessing but maybe we get some info this month sonce its december now if not then i am 99.9% sure we will in january.

Kent-45
3rd Dec 2009, 15:34
It's got nothing to do with patience, folks. I've never seen a game company so unethusiastic about their product. They don't even have to release any info, they just have to act like they give a ****.... and when your company doesn't use Twitter, Facebook, or so much as have a dev stop on into the forums once in a while... they conveys to me "We don't give a ****"

Patience was last year. We're living in the TODAY... and today's question is: What the **** is IOInteractive doing, and when the **** can we expect it.

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Dec 2009, 16:39
So i guess that ...

The 2009 RELEASE DATE CONSPIRACY IS STILL ON ! WOOT !!! ...

By the way , who's "she" ? ...

Cmd_lupin
3rd Dec 2009, 19:22
There are plenty of developers that act like this. I believe it's because they don't want to reveal anything until they are ready to explain it.

Take in consideration that was, most likely, SQEE/EIDOS that announced the game, not IO, even thought it says "IO Interactive, part of Square Enix Europe is pleased to confirm that Kane & Lynch 2™: Dog Days is coming to PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC in 2010." - but I can be wrong about this of course.

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Dec 2009, 19:37
It was pretty obvious that IO decided to officially announce "Dog Days" after they saw that crazy topic on the Dead Men forum , the one where three guys made walls of texts describing and analysing stuff that no one saw in the game ...
Real crazy stuff , IO probably liked it enough to officially announce the sequel to that game ...

That or it was to celebrate the two year release of Dead Men , i don't know ...

I few like we're banging rocks or something , here ...

Kent-45
3rd Dec 2009, 19:46
That's all we're doing... banging rocks...

and yet I can't help myself. ****.

Acid_Burn
3rd Dec 2009, 19:51
Oh no, they decided to make announcement on Nov 18th long time ago :)
Btw, IO began developing K&L2 in October 2007, a month before Dead Men was released :)

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Dec 2009, 19:53
Maybe IO is putting us into The Mood of the characters ... that sensation of emptiness , objectiveless , dressless ...

Yes ... yes ... that must be it ...

*starts drawing circles* ...

OYE Acid Burn , you're taking acid lately or something ? ...

EDIT : Double posting didn't matter , it was what you WROTE , boy ...

Unpaid Intern
3rd Dec 2009, 20:53
Patience was last year. We're living in the TODAY... and today's question is: What the **** is IOInteractive doing, and when the **** can we expect it.

LOL good stuff

..however: IO are the developers and when it comes to marketing, they are at the mercy of Eidos. Remember how the beloved Freedom Fighters was hung out to dry by EA? Perfect example.

This said, I wouldn't expect them to release new screenshots, videos and other info every week between now and release. Maybe you were expecting the 'coming out package' to be more substantial. This I can sympathize with :)

DrDoom
3rd Dec 2009, 21:05
It's got nothing to do with patience, folks. I've never seen a game company so unethusiastic about their product. They don't even have to release any info, they just have to act like they give a ****.... and when your company doesn't use Twitter, Facebook, or so much as have a dev stop on into the forums once in a while... they conveys to me "We don't give a ****"

Um, they just announced it like two weeks ago. Do you expect them to come out with stuff every week or something, especially this early. When Mass Effect 2 was first announced all we got was a short teaser for the longest of times.

It's not about being patient in this case. It's about being smart.

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Dec 2009, 21:18
But Mass Effect had a over 90% positive review score on metacritic , Kane & Lynch on the other hand is not a critically acclaimed game , not by a long shot ...

You see , for games like these they have to do ALOT to redeem its name , and not just slap a embarassing teaser here , a half open web site there , and ask us to 'wait' for more information ...
Kane & Lynch , with all due respect (and above all , coming from Me) , isn't in the position to tell us to 'wait' ... There's already too many people out there that doesn't want Dog Days to see the light of day , the marketing department has a job to Convince these people to give this game a chance , and to the rest of us , something worth waiting for ...

I mean we can very well pack our stuff , leave , and come back after the game is released to give our review ... but i mean damn , even with that Other crime simulator we had more stuff to talk about ...

Falkenwut
5th Dec 2009, 19:42
I appologize for being negative here... Just posting that I'm loosing enthusiasm on K&L2 ... we need more leaking.. please IOI.. spread some more info :(

GrievousOdyssey
5th Dec 2009, 19:46
And i thought you were dead ...

*pull you back up from the grave* ...

Son of Nerlin
5th Dec 2009, 19:47
*Splashs water on face* WAKE UP MAN!

Falkenwut
5th Dec 2009, 20:28
Hey sorry for my long vacation from here. I was busy setting up my own streaming channel. Basically stream live gameplay. When I can i'll try to stream some Kane and Lynch Co-op gameplay...

Feel free to visit
www.justin.tv/Falkenwut to watch some gameplay of the games i got in my collection. And feel free to comment in the channel too.

Kent-45
5th Dec 2009, 20:46
I use a gaming program called "Xfire" which has a very nice video recording feature. I've had some luck with it, recording Guild Wars videos... however like *any* recording program, it's going to bog your system down. My system is not quite powerful enough to do it.

and yes, I think a lot of people are losing interest and enthusiasm. I think we just need to stay strong people. I'm trying to think of justifications for IOInteractive but I'd be lying if I said that I think their strategy of "not even talking about their game" is anything but detrimental to the mission of generating interest about this game series.

whatever though, I don't call the shots... and that's probably for the best.

jtr7
6th Dec 2009, 01:31
All of the forums on this site about the upcoming games are being given next to nil information. It isn't just this one. It's not a news-feed site, but it's about your discussions and speculations. They see what's being said, and we will never know just what they are taking from it all. Aside from setting things up way early and making promises about goodies that never arrive when stated or are so overhyped they have an anticlimactic response, the fact they keep following the same formula for these fan sites means they are getting something from it, even if we don't. Making customers angry is a standard business plan and I don't know if this is taught at university, or not. Anger them, reassure them, anger them, make promises, anger them, finally deliver and get an explosive initial response with a hard tapering-off, apologize, reassure, start over.

I don't get it at all, but they do, or you'd think they would knock it off. So then, we will continue to rave excitedly, burn out, rave, burn out, and they will harvest our thoughts in ways we cannot quite predict the outcome of.

Kent-45
6th Dec 2009, 03:41
All of the forums on this site about the upcoming games are being given next to nil information. It isn't just this one. It's not a news-feed site, but it's about your discussions and speculations. They see what's being said, and we will never know just what they are taking from it all. Aside from setting things up way early and making promises about goodies that never arrive when stated or are so overhyped they have an anticlimactic response, the fact they keep following the same formula for these fan sites means they are getting something from it, even if we don't. Making customers angry is a standard business plan and I don't know if this is taught at university, or not. Anger them, reassure them, anger them, make promises, anger them, finally deliver and get an explosive initial response with a hard tapering-off, apologize, reassure, start over.

I don't get it at all, but they do, or you'd think they would knock it off. So then, we will continue to rave excitedly, burn out, rave, burn out, and they will harvest our thoughts in ways we cannot quite predict the outcome of.

I don't think I could have said it better myself. Bravo good sir.

Son of Nerlin
6th Dec 2009, 10:36
I know, it's ****. But remember this: No ever remembers a late delivery just a bad one.

Unpaid Intern
6th Dec 2009, 12:06
Making customers angry is a standard business plan and I don't know if this is taught at university, or not. Anger them, reassure them, anger them, make promises, anger them, finally deliver and get an explosive initial response with a hard tapering-off, apologize, reassure, start over.

..or could it be that hardcore gamers who follow all the early marketing are just a bunch of angry, whiny people? :D

Seriously, I think that the intention is to create anticipation, to generate interest without overexposing the product. Kind of tricky...
This approach is meant for the bulk of the customers (not the hardcore fan base). Obviously, someone who checks for updates daily will be disappointed with this very controlled kind of campaign.

Nick@IO
6th Dec 2009, 13:53
We're going to show you guys tons and tons of stuff but we've only just announced the game. More information will come sooner than later and we'll start ramping up the flow of information for sure.

Christmas is coming up, which means we're focusing on getting a lot of things done before the world shuts down for the holidays but rest assured that you will see more of your favorite madmen very very soon!

GrievousOdyssey
6th Dec 2009, 14:54
remember this: No ever remembers a late delivery just a bad one.

Well that's sad ...

We're going to show you guys tons and tons of stuff but we've only just announced the game. More information will come sooner than later and we'll start ramping up the flow of information for sure.

Christmas is coming up, which means we're focusing on getting a lot of things done before the world shuts down for the holidays but rest assured that you will see more of your favorite madmen very very soon!

*making my best Older Brother imitation*
I treated you like a god ...
You have three days , no more ...

PS : Just curious , have you guys set up a christmas three in your office yet ? ...

Son of Nerlin
6th Dec 2009, 15:46
How is it sad, its true.

GrievousOdyssey
6th Dec 2009, 16:19
Yes ...

Son of Nerlin
6th Dec 2009, 16:35
Indeed.

GrievousOdyssey
6th Dec 2009, 16:45
Unfortunately , you seem to be missing the point ...

Son of Nerlin
6th Dec 2009, 16:52
Naaa, Im just playing with you, I know what you were saying "This is a sad prospect" followed by "One whihc is true". It's okay old friend, I am not lost.

GrievousOdyssey
6th Dec 2009, 16:59
Good Heavens ! A civilised and sane person in these dark , news-less time ! ...

*brings out muffins*
They're a bit dusty , but they'll do ...:D

Son of Nerlin
6th Dec 2009, 17:04
Sure, Sure :D

Kent-45
6th Dec 2009, 19:28

Thank you Nick. I really appreciate this.... and no that's not sarcasm.

I think it's really sweet that you come into the forums and chat with us, because this game community is just small enough that's meaningful.

I raise my drink to you. Hopefully that information of which you speak will come soon.

chip5541
7th Dec 2009, 16:31
Wow. I remember a time when games were not even announced.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Dec 2009, 16:36
Haha , that's a very good one ... those were the days ...

It seems to be a trend lately that no matter how much evidence you've got that a game is in the works , you still need a 'official announcement' for it to count ...

Ain't that right Acid ? ...

Kent-45
7th Dec 2009, 16:42
Wow. I remember a time when games were not even announced.

I remember that time too... running water was a luxury and people were arranged to be married at 12... those were the days right? Gimme a break.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Dec 2009, 16:56
Here ...
*hands over a break*

chip5541
7th Dec 2009, 16:58
I guess some people were not around during the Commodore and Atari days. It really wasn't that long ago. Heck, direct contact with developers / publishers hasn't really been around that long.

MARCOtheDUDE
7th Dec 2009, 17:38
I love how IOInteractive stays absolutely quiet for day after day about this game that they went through all this trouble to announce, and all this trouble to utilize these social networking sites... the Facebook page, the twitter, all that stuff... and yet they hardly ever use it.

Why even announce the game if you've got nothing to say about it? Why even put a website online if you've got no information you're prepared to released? Is this supposed to be a hype campaign? I'm confused.

Somebody explain to me what we're all doing here... besides waiting indefinitely...
:mad2:

GrievousOdyssey
7th Dec 2009, 17:41
I believe that we prefer banging rocks than smashing our brain against a brick wall , dude ...