PDA

View Full Version : GFWL Corrupted Save Game

CheckMateMrBond
2nd Dec 2009, 21:22
So after almost completing Arkham Asylum and getting most of the extras, I decided to quit the game, then noticed "Downloadable Content" so i clicked it, signed up for a GFWL online account which immediately overrode my offline account and corrupted my offline save file.

So now I have to start again unless it's possible to uncorrupt the save file using some sort of dev. tool.

If a dev does actually read this board then here's a link (http://www.j3d.com.au/Misc/Save0.sgd) to the save game file.

If someone in anyway can make it work again I'd be very grateful.......but I still want to strangle GFWL

deders
3rd Dec 2009, 22:23
Once you've downloaded the extra content, sign back in with your Offline account and you should have the extra content, and your savegames intact.

CheckMateMrBond
5th Dec 2009, 23:15
Once you've downloaded the extra content, sign back in with your Offline account and you should have the extra content, and your savegames intact.

Thanks for your reply :)

Unfortunately that's part of the problem, by signing in, somehow my offline profile was corrupted because when i tried to sign into it I was told that it couldn't be accessed and to delete it and try again.

deders
6th Dec 2009, 00:12
the savegames are encrypted via the particlular g4wl profile that you used to create them. I don't think there is any way to restore them if your profile has been deleted. I'm sorry to say you'll have to start again, but hey, it's not exactly the worst game in the world to have to play again.

CheckMateMrBond
6th Dec 2009, 05:32
the savegames are encrypted via the particlular g4wl profile that you used to create them. I don't think there is any way to restore them if your profile has been deleted. I'm sorry to say you'll have to start again, but hey, it's not exactly the worst game in the world to have to play again.

haha, that's true, I do really want to play it again, unfortunately now I just don't have the time....one day, one day.

Bit strange that GFWL feels the need to encrypt saved game files...I really don't see the point of locking them....okay so ppl could edit them and cheat but it seems a bit overkill.
But Microsoft seem bent on doing what THEY want any we can either suck eggs or play the game.

deders
6th Dec 2009, 08:27
It seems completely pointless to me, just makes things harder for users

jijo
14th May 2010, 15:34
anyone please help me . iam having problem with poison iv's mission due to the dark room simply fall and die. i checked the fix but no use.
cannot load any other save game files..just stuck there..

Scarecrow007
14th May 2010, 20:25
Maybe you should turn up brightness on the options?