PDA

View Full Version : How did Kane get the scar?

Bevacur
30th Nov 2009, 18:13
I never really thought about it untill now which leads to the question why did Kane cut Retomoto's face similiar to the scar on Kane's face.

Has Kane pissed Retomoto in the passed or something?

Why did the7 pick Lynch to take over Kane's seat?

GrievousOdyssey
30th Nov 2009, 18:31
It was assumed that Reto-Moto slashed Kane's face because of the relationship he had with Yoko ...
Or maybe it was always about the briefcases ...
Kent might have something more to say on the subject ...

As for Lynch ...
Well , umm , i have my set of theories , but i prefer to keep them to myself ...
Nothing personal , but it's mainly theories made from Lynch's audio flashbacks in co-op mode , so ... my theories could very well be ... completely false ...

Dr Klowneus
30th Nov 2009, 18:54
It's implied in the game that Kane got his scar via Retomoto, it's not explained exactly why, but it could be as gnrgreivous pointed out. Anyway Kane pays him back in kind

Likely they just picked Lynch because he was being transported with Kane, and they needed a watchdog, to keep an eye on Kane. the 7 didn't really have much intention of letting Lynch live after Kane had rescued the briefcase so likely the 7 just told him that he'd get Kane's seat to secure his cooperation

GrievousOdyssey
30th Nov 2009, 19:00
Yeah , that is the most logical explanation we have for Lynch ...
But still , i wish IO would someday cleanse my doubts and explain what was Lynch's "precise" past ...
Everything was understandable until the day i heard his memories ...

The horror ... the horror ...

Falkenwut
30th Nov 2009, 20:05
Spot on Dr Klowneus.

As for gnr.. u should check out Acid Burn's website about Kane and Lynch.. there's some info about Lynch's past before the beginning of the game

ohitspatty
30th Nov 2009, 20:15
He got that scar while eating pus-I mean pineapple.

Mercenary of The7
30th Nov 2009, 20:49
He got that scar while eating pus-I mean pineapple.

Big Pimpin' :cool:

One of Seven
1st Dec 2009, 00:51
How'd you get that scar? Eating pineapple?!

Falkenwut
1st Dec 2009, 00:55
hmmm..
Retomoto:
How'd you get that scar? Eating pineapple?!
kane: **** you *pushes push dagger to Retomoto's face*

lol

DrDoom
1st Dec 2009, 03:12
No....no.....no. Your all wrong.

He got it when an angry Kangaroo ***** slapped him.

Kent-45
1st Dec 2009, 04:55
The game pretty much implies that Retomoto cut Kane. The reasoning why is never explained, but again, if you connect the dots...

Lynch: "You got some balls, hangin' with Retomoto's daughter... did ya bang her?"
Kane: "**** you, we all make mistakes. So what?"

Kane's relationship with Yoko had to have something to do with him being cut. My question is this... In some shots Kane's eye is almost entirely milky white, but the cut does not seem to be down the CENTER of his eye. It's offset... is it possible that his retina still works, and Kane can actually see out of his eye?

Rific refers to Kane as a "one-eyed ****" but other than that, Kane makes no reference to whether or not he can see out of his eye or not.

GrievousOdyssey
1st Dec 2009, 17:17
u should check out Acid Burn's website about Kane and Lynch.. there's some info about Lynch's past before the beginning of the game

Nothing that i didn't know of , as a matter of fact i actually knows a bit more than he does :rolleyes: ...

My question is this... In some shots Kane's eye is almost entirely milky white, but the cut does not seem to be down the CENTER of his eye. It's offset... is it possible that his retina still works, and Kane can actually see out of his eye?

Rific refers to Kane as a "one-eyed ****" but other than that, Kane makes no reference to whether or not he can see out of his eye or not.

I remember there was some people who used this as an excuse as to why whenever you shoot the bullets always fly around ...
Funny isn't it ? ...

Mercenary of The7
1st Dec 2009, 19:10
Nothing that i didn't know of , as a matter of fact i actually knows a bit more than he does :rolleyes: ...

I remember there was some people who used this as an excuse as to why whenever you shoot the bullets always fly around ...
Funny isn't it ? ...

It sho' is funny... If you've never used a full automatic weapon in real life of course.

GrievousOdyssey
1st Dec 2009, 19:43
It sho' is funny... If you've never used a full automatic weapon in real life of course.

Yeah well people on the internet thinks that the gun recoil from Counter Strike are the most realistic EVAR ! ...

Give these guys a real rifle and you'll watch them cry when they dislocated their shoulders after shooting a three amo burst ...
Fact ...

Falkenwut
1st Dec 2009, 22:48
People expect people to shoot with a gun and hit the target on 1 hit

If you guys play Damnation... similar sensation to a realistic gun movement... only that guns are powered with steam..

brownwolf007
2nd Dec 2009, 02:38
The game pretty much implies that Retomoto cut Kane. The reasoning why is never explained, but again, if you connect the dots...

Lynch: "You got some balls, hangin' with Retomoto's daughter... did ya bang her?"
Kane: "**** you, we all make mistakes. So what?"

Kane's relationship with Yoko had to have something to do with him being cut. My question is this... In some shots Kane's eye is almost entirely milky white, but the cut does not seem to be down the CENTER of his eye. It's offset... is it possible that his retina still works, and Kane can actually see out of his eye?

well he has to see from his eye, how else would he do this
http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/videogames/kaneandlynchdeadmen/kane_and_lynch_dead_men_2.jpg

Bevacur
2nd Dec 2009, 12:53
well he has to see from his eye, how else would he do this
http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/videogames/kaneandlynchdeadmen/kane_and_lynch_dead_men_2.jpg

That is actually a good point.

Kent-45
2nd Dec 2009, 20:10
Agreed I think kane probably has at the least limited sight out of his right eye.