PDA

View Full Version : Disable suit damage

SoldierHawk
30th Nov 2009, 07:06
Hey guys,

Are there ini settings/mods/whatever to disable Batman's suit damage? I know a lot of people like that feature, but I am not one of those people. If there are any ini lines I can tweak or mods I can install to get rid of it, that would be great. Can anyone help?

Although, is the suit damage repaired at the end of the game, once you're in free-roam mode? If so then I don't care about fixing it. I just don't want to finish up all the riddles and trophies with a beat-up suit.

JimmyTheCannon
2nd Dec 2009, 23:10
Free-roam mode?

Is that actually in the game? I haven't tried loading up my finished game... but, then, I found all 240 of the Riddler's challenges before I went to the final section.

The_Hylden
3rd Dec 2009, 02:47
You can roam the Island free, yes. There are no guards, no enemies, no doctors -- just you and riddles to find, if you didn't find them all. If you did, there's no reason to go back.

SoldierHawk:
And no, there's no way to not have suit damage. A: it's going to be in the cut-scenes that are pre-rendered no matter what, so why bother taking it out? B: the suit damage is triggered by different textures being used on Batman's model form at certain key points in time. However, unlike in the demo, we cannot change these textures around without causing the game to be impassible, due to Windows Live.

Why, pray tell, do you not care for the battle damage to his suit and self in a game trying to depict Batman's worst night ever, fighting dozens and dozens of goons, bosses, and supervillains? You don't like to see Batman have a suit that can get damaged? He's not invincible, nor wearing impermeable substances in his suits... Quite curious...

SoldierHawk
3rd Dec 2009, 05:02
Fudge. :/ I was hoping you could just "turn off" the texture switch in the ini/config somewhere. That sucks. Sigh. (And just to clarify, the damage DOES stay after the game is over, right? No way to fix that?)

Hylden, I'm not sure. The best I can say is its a personal preference thing. I don't mind it SO much while playing the actual game, but once the game is over and there's no one left to fight...it just makes me feel a little less like Batman, I guess. Especially the rips in the cape. No way you could glide with that. I know that's nitpicky and all, but like I said, its just a personal preference thing. I know he's not invincible, and in real life would be completely torn up...but then in real life, a normal human like Bruce would probably be dead too, so I suppose it evens out. I can totally understand why people like it, I just happen not to be one of those people.

Nemesis296
3rd Dec 2009, 13:10
Fudge. :/ I was hoping you could just "turn off" the texture switch in the ini/config somewhere. That sucks. Sigh. (And just to clarify, the damage DOES stay after the game is over, right? No way to fix that?)

Well, technically "after the game" takes place right before you fight Joker in terms of suit damage (even though you can't fight Joker again), so the cape won't be as ripped as it gets during the final battle. Playing the challenge mode will also give Batman a new looking suit until he takes damage, then I think it gets a little torn up. The Armored Batsuit cannot be damaged (or played with in the story mode) at all.