PDA

View Full Version : Killer Croc...

al-x
29th Nov 2009, 21:56
Hello:

This Killer Croc fellow is awfully big...

I have to go into his lair for you know what...

Any tips on how to handle him?

Al...

deders
29th Nov 2009, 22:48
tickle him behind the ears, he loves it, if you can find them.....

al-x
29th Nov 2009, 23:47
tickle him behind the ears, he loves it, if you can find them.....

Seriously, the only thing I might do is turn down the volume so
the music doesn't "scare" too much... I'll keep the batarang
handy too.

Al...

homeycdawg
29th Nov 2009, 23:58
Seriously, the only thing I might do is turn down the volume so
the music doesn't "scare" too much... I'll keep the batarang
handy too.

Al...

Your batarang is all you need. Croc is all bark. Won't be as intense as you'd think.

deders
30th Nov 2009, 00:04
Yeah i'd keep the volume up a bit, so you can hear when he's approaching, it would be scarier without the audio cues.

al-x
30th Nov 2009, 02:18
Your batarang is all you need. Croc is all bark. Won't be as intense as you'd think.

Good...

I also checked out the Youtube videos and noticed where the game saves your progress
so you don't have to do it all in one shot. I'd hate that.

Al...

al-x
2nd Dec 2009, 20:38
Hello:

Say, how do you keep from getting lost in Kroc's lair?

Al...

deders
2nd Dec 2009, 20:40
follow the homing signal. If the distance is getting bigger, then most likely you are going the wrong way.

DarkDetective
7th Dec 2009, 04:04
Dw bout croc. He IS more bark than bite. This part of the game DOES make you nervous though. The second time I played it I turned the music off. The sound fx still give you plenty of warning when he's coming. But it just takes out some of the panic.

Want to get more out of your affiliate marketing efforts? Check out Get More Buyers to find out how to create a buyers list that will reap serious results. (http://cbpirate.com/s/gmb/jai.ceresoli/forumpost1)

homeycdawg
7th Dec 2009, 04:59
I was rather disappointed with the croc section tbh. I was expecting a Bane fight X10, instead, you never even get to punch him. :( The tension created for that section was great, but for me it felt like there was no real payoff for all that buildup.

deders
7th Dec 2009, 05:02
I like using the alternate batarang cam when knocking him into the water.

homeycdawg
7th Dec 2009, 05:52
I like using the alternate batarang cam when knocking him into the water.

I forgot about that. I suppose that would make it more entertaining. Bullet-cam to the face. :D

deders
7th Dec 2009, 05:54
definitely adds to the experience.
I was dissapointed at first at how easy it was but now I welcome it as a change of gameplay.

JimmyTheCannon
8th Dec 2009, 03:41
Personally, I'm glad it wasn't just like the Bane fight. The Titan fights are close enough to that. They did a very good job making every villain confrontation different (I'd say boss fight, but they're not all fights, are they?).

Nemesis296
8th Dec 2009, 13:09
They did a very good job making every villain confrontation different (I'd say boss fight, but they're not all fights, are they?).

...I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with this statement.

Titan fights are identical to Bane...All boss fights (except Joker) are completed via usage of the Batarang...considering that you have 7 different gadgets, using 1 of them all the time for the boss fights seemed a little...unoriginal. I personally would have LOVED a boss fight that forced you to use the Line Launcher to chase after them, or something of the like...

al-x
30th Jan 2010, 23:31
Hello:

Found this thread and decided to bump it up instead of starting a new one... I know, I know, how resourceful...

Now if there is anything else besides what has already been stated above, please post
your peace.

Al...

LIGHTS
31st Jan 2010, 00:19
Croc really isn't that hard. Watch Youtube video walkthroughs. They help a lot.

Here are some of my tips.

-Leave your single Batarang gadget on, and whenever Croc pops out, you have a few seconds to turn to his direction, another few seconds to gash out the Batarang, aim and hit him back down before he takes you with him.

-Stay low, meaning crouch at all times to prevent Croc from finding you. Move as slowly as possible.

-That's basically it, however when going back out of Killer Croc's Lair he starts to chase you while destroying the wooden platforms. You have to run like in Scarecrow's dreams, until you reach the end.

al-x
3rd Feb 2010, 15:11
Hello:

Kroc is a little tense, but the wifebeater T shirt top in the picture makes me crack up a
little. :lol:

Al...

Laptopnut
3rd Feb 2010, 16:06
...I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with this statement.

Titan fights are identical to Bane...All boss fights (except Joker) are completed via usage of the Batarang...considering that you have 7 different gadgets, using 1 of them all the time for the boss fights seemed a little...unoriginal. I personally would have LOVED a boss fight that forced you to use the Line Launcher to chase after them, or something of the like...

Sure, you can use your batarang for every single boss fight but you don't have to. Many times during boss fights I would use proximity detonation explosive gel too. As for the Croc fight, using your detective mode vision will give you even more warning.

LIGHTS
3rd Feb 2010, 19:42
lol.

cyborg34572
3rd Feb 2010, 20:13
Just quickly turn to killer croc when u hear him and hit Q, or ur quick batarang key.
Hed simply just fall back down the water. Also remember not to run. Just walk

And to find the antidote ingredient, just keep an eye on the homing signal, If ur going the right way the numbers will go down , and its the opposite if ur going the wrong way.

al-x
3rd Feb 2010, 20:58
Hello:

Thanks everyone for advice. I made it through and it wasn't as intense as I thought...

Now I am going for a third pump in another level of the game.

Al...