PDA

View Full Version : Crashes in the Elevator after meeting Killer Croc

Obscura
28th Nov 2009, 12:00
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/wh0racle/zsd.jpg

I just bought it on steam when it was on sale for 25$ .... I tried defragging, tried "verify integrity" ... nothing worked...

deders
28th Nov 2009, 12:19
Drivers up to date?
What are your system specs?

Obscura
28th Nov 2009, 12:44
Core 2 6420 @ 2.13 ghz
2gb ram
ATI Radeon HD 4650

drivers are up to date

deders
28th Nov 2009, 12:44
what about your sound?

Obscura
28th Nov 2009, 12:47
its Realtek onboard sound i think

deders
28th Nov 2009, 12:51
I hav a feeling it's to do with the soundcard. If you've not done so already, try updating the sound drivers. If they are up to date and still doesn't work, try disabling the sound in the bios and seeing how far you get. this will at least tell you if it is the soundcard causing the problem.

If it is, and you are using XP then you can disable sound acceleration in DXdiag (select 'run' from the start menu and type dxdiag, then look for the sound panel.)

Obscura
28th Nov 2009, 12:56
I hav a feeling it's to do with the soundcard. If you've not done so already, try updating the sound drivers. If they are up to date and still doesn't work, try disabling the sound in the bios and seeing how far you get. this will at least tell you if it is the soundcard causing the problem.

If it is, and you are using XP then you can disable sound acceleration in DXdiag (select 'run' from the start menu and type dxdiag, then look for the sound panel.)

okay, I'm downloading the new sound driver now.

Lol its really annoying because I have to start the game, and follow Joker for 10 minutes into that stupid elevator before i know if its gonna work or not... :mad2:

deders
28th Nov 2009, 12:57
yeah, I found I had to repeat the intro far too often when I first started playing

Obscura
28th Nov 2009, 13:12
yeah, I found I had to repeat the intro far too often when I first started playing

Well i updated my sound and restarted my computer, now the game won't even launch. The launcher opens, and I click play, and get the ShippingPC error..

deders
28th Nov 2009, 14:22
What happens when you disable your sound in the bios?

Obscura
28th Nov 2009, 14:45
well, i replaced the shippingPC-BmGame.exe file, and the others, with one i got from the 1.1 patch from gamershell, and now the game launches again, but crashes in the elevator still.

i tried turning of the sound acceleration thing in dxdiag, did nothing.

i dont know how to disable my sound in bios... could you tell me?

also, if that means i have to play the entire game with no sound i think i'll pass...

deders
28th Nov 2009, 14:49
well it's a case of finding out where the problem is and solving it. we're only trying to locate the problem right now.
If you go into your bios, usually by pressing F2 or Del at the post screen, you may have to press something to see the post screen if you have a logo that comes on when you turn your pc on.
then look for integrated peripherals and there should be an option for audio in there. Switch it off for now and try the game. if you still get the problem then we know it isn't the audio.

Obscura
28th Nov 2009, 15:33
well it's a case of finding out where the problem is and solving it. we're only trying to locate the problem right now.
If you go into your bios, usually by pressing F2 or Del at the post screen, you may have to press something to see the post screen if you have a logo that comes on when you turn your pc on.
then look for integrated peripherals and there should be an option for audio in there. Switch it off for now and try the game. if you still get the problem then we know it isn't the audio.

i restarted and can't find it... All i see is "F2 for Setup, F11 for Boot Menu" i went into setup and looked through every option and didn't see anything like what you said..

deders
28th Nov 2009, 15:35
it's in the setup somewhere, might be in a sub menu

Obscura
28th Nov 2009, 16:20
it's in the setup somewhere, might be in a sub menu

ok I found it, disabled, tried again, and alas-- same crash. :(

deders
28th Nov 2009, 16:31
ok so that rules that out.
Are you playing with Physx on or off?
I'd use the patch from this forum: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=96538
Solved a lot of issues people were having with other patches. Just install it over what you already have.
Also search for elevator crash in this forum and see if any of the answers are relevent to you. I'd do it myself but i'm off out.

Obscura
29th Nov 2009, 07:28
ok so that rules that out.
Are you playing with Physx on or off?
I'd use the patch from this forum: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=96538
Solved a lot of issues people were having with other patches. Just install it over what you already have.
Also search for elevator crash in this forum and see if any of the answers are relevent to you. I'd do it myself but i'm off out.

Physx off of course, since im on an ATI card.

Tried that patch, same crash.

:mad2:

Searched "elevator crash" on the forums and went through many different threads trying things, either they did nothing or made it worse (The latest one made my game not even launch, so now I'm reinstalling.)

this game is what, 8-10 hours long? I've already spent more time trying to get it to work...

naraarun
29th Nov 2009, 07:36
even i have the same problem

Obscura
29th Nov 2009, 12:05
Okay, well I tried in vain (or so I thought) reinstalling the game, and by some miracle IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was getting so ******* angry I thought the game would never work! I am so damn happy now.

I really appreciate all the help deders, I noticed you're like the only person helping people around here. So throw "reinstall" on your list of recommendations to people :)

deders
29th Nov 2009, 12:21
will do, glad it's working

Obscura
29th Nov 2009, 17:17
I'm guessing the posts above me are keyloggers...

deders
29th Nov 2009, 17:21
I'm guessing the posts above me are keyloggers...

Can you get attacked by a keylogger just by clicking on a link?

Obscura
29th Nov 2009, 17:23
Can you get attacked by a keylogger just by clicking on a link?

I dont think so. Normally it will lead you to a fake website that looks real, and try to get you to login to it so it can get a password from you.

deders
29th Nov 2009, 17:41
That's a relief

Obscura
29th Nov 2009, 22:17
On second thought, it might be because I deleted the batman demo before I reinstalled. I looked around here and saw some people saying that having the demo installed has caused errors.

deders
29th Nov 2009, 22:18
maybe, i've had no problems myself with both installed

jokerfan713
28th Dec 2009, 06:14
i gotta try reinstalling it. by crashing do you mean after croc says he can smell batman nothing happens? i just walk around in circles. can't do anything. i've hit every button.so its not just me its a bug

jokerfan713
28th Dec 2009, 07:16
reinstalled. no difference.

cyborg34572
29th Dec 2009, 21:45
@ jokerfan
What soundcard do you have?. Ive heard that problem alot , and it was always related to a specific onboard soundcard called "Realtek High def audio"

their problem was either the the scanning room door doesnt open up, or nothing happens after killer croc gets out the elevator.

All you really have to do is update the right drivers for your onboard soundcard.

LIGHTS
29th Dec 2009, 21:49
#realtek

cyborg34572
29th Dec 2009, 21:55
@ jvini

No, i never had that problem before, but ive helpd alot of people with that specific problem . And updating thier soundcard drivers fixed the issue for them.

Im afraid i dont know the exact website on where you can download your drivers.
google "realtek HD audio drivers"(thats ofcourse if u have an onboard realtek soundcard.)
something might come up.

LIGHTS
29th Dec 2009, 21:58
Thanks. I'll try that.