PDA

View Full Version : So uh, is it possible that Lynch maybe going after the killers of his wife?

One of Seven
27th Nov 2009, 07:53
So a while back when I was playing offline co-op one out of the five times that I have, I recall being downed as Lynch and hearing a man (who sounded like he was on a phone) tell Lynch "If you don't get us the money by tomorrow we'll start with your wife.". Now maybe I'm mistaking (or this is a repressed memory) this for Lynch just remembering what one of the seven members told Kane earlier on in the game.

But if not, maybe this is why Lynch is smiling on the cover and why Kane is still hanging around and helping Lynch. You know a "I got my revenge let's go get yours" sort of deal, granted it didn't really work out for Kane. But what are your guy's thoughts? I would play as Lynch on the first game to find out exactly what was said, but too bad I can't!!!!!!!!!! :mad2:

One of Seven
27th Nov 2009, 08:17
Ugh I hate this keyboard and space key, MAY BE*.

Acid_Burn
27th Nov 2009, 08:33
Hm, interesting point. I've never played co-op and never heard that :(

Falkenwut
27th Nov 2009, 11:46
I think you got it wrong:
The7 told Lynch that if Kane doesn't have good news to report, they'll start with his wife....

But I haven't heard Lynch's down messages... so I could be wrong there too

EDIT: I just read the Interrogation reports... The only way Lynch's murder was framed was incase the developers decided to kick in a pocket-load of drama... which is what Kane and Lynch's game is all about (btw.. source - Acid Burn's Kane and Lynch website)

One of Seven
27th Nov 2009, 14:09
But see that's what I didn't get, I am 98% positive that the man said "your wife". Now I feel like I'm on a mission, I will use two controllers to play as both Kane and Lynch and listen to all of the sequences!!! (Craig Armstrong's - Escape begins to play)

DrDoom
27th Nov 2009, 17:17
I thought for sure it was Lynch who killed his own wife in one of his psychotic moments?

One of Seven
27th Nov 2009, 20:44
Well that's what we're led to believe anyway, he very well still could have. That flashack may just be a repressed memory. Lynch doesn't remember what happened (or so he says), and the interrogator stated that Lynch's fingerprints were on the murder weapon. But maybe he really didn't do it, maybe his wife was really killed, maybe he was having a psychotic episode as he arrived home from work, etc. That's what I gathered from the flashback anyway.

Falkenwut
27th Nov 2009, 22:51
CRAP Xanaan = Spammer... Moderators.. Just noting this out!

One of Seven
28th Nov 2009, 01:36
*Throws dagger at Xanaan's right hand* SPAMMER!!!!!!

Kent-45
28th Nov 2009, 02:57
I don't really entertain this idea that Lynch's wife's murder was "framed" ... who would want to frame Lynch? He's a nobody. In fact before he went to prison he was the assistant manager at a factory (according to what I've read) and for the most part a blue-collar guy with anger issues.

The only group that would benefit directly by manipulating Lynch is (or was) The7

and why frame a murder to get him into prison? There are much easier ways to frame someone without something as messy as a murder.

The game is constantly giving us reason to believe that Lynch killed his wife. He denies it in a very matter-of-fact way "blah blah blah I might have killed my wife but I'm probably not responsible."

Ultimately it doesn't matter. It's not like it will somehow vindicate him to know that his wife's murder was framed. Lynch has killed countless cops, Yoko, and god knows how many other people. It's just a drop in the bucket.

DrDoom
28th Nov 2009, 18:23
I was thinking the samething, Lynch was a virtual nobody before prison, so why would somebody go through all the trouble of framing him.

The7 needed someone that could get to Kane and so they manipulated him, that's the way I see it.

Falkenwut
28th Nov 2009, 20:53
I was thinking the samething, Lynch was a virtual nobody before prison, so why would somebody go through all the trouble of framing him.

The7 needed someone that could get to Kane and so they manipulated him, that's the way I see it.

As i mentioned, a bucket-load of drama would be the only reason anyone would have framed Lynch. But I agree... The hassle would be faar too much work to make sense.

But then again only PLAUSABLE hypothesis: Lynch gets blackouts and wouldn't remember what he had done- so If Lynch pissed off anyone, that would be a good time to put a new person in the story.

One of Seven
28th Nov 2009, 23:12
Well if somebody else killed his wife, maybe he was greiving in his blackout and that's what woke him up. Maybe he was in a violent rage, he walks into his house where his wife has been murdered, sees her, then feels a sense of grief and wakes out of his phase. He probably could have pulled the knife out of her or touched it while he was in his different stae of mind. He necessarily wasn't framed at that rate, the evidence was against him.

It really doesn't matter if Lynch was a nobody or not before prison, if I remember the flashback correctly, the whole "If you don't have the money by tomorrow." shows that he was involved with the wrong people.

Kent-45
28th Nov 2009, 23:32
That's a good point, I didn't remember that flashback. I think some more light will be shed on it.

Falkenwut
29th Nov 2009, 11:46
Ok, I did a self co-op mode between me and myself.
I Used Kane to shoot at lynch in 2 scenarios:
"The trial" and "Hidden valley"
Each time these few flashbacks popped up:

1> Him saying that he remembers the nice smell of coffee and shampoo... His wife would tease him for sulking in the morning

2> The sounds of children playing in a park... nothing really linking it to Lynch particularly

3> The conversation he had with The7 in prison to be Kane's watchdog and help him escape. (it was over a phone)

4> What He told Kane at the beginning of "the Trial" level (about being his watchdog and reporting to the7)

5> A few random comments he told Kane during the past missions (obviously hidden valley level)

6> He shouts "Kane keep moving"... then you hear Kane repearing "Lynch?" or "Lynch!" and in the middle of that you hear his wife saying "I love you"

7> The conversation he told Kane about "Probably not responsable for his wife's death"

I'll do it in different missions if I can, I'll keep you guys posted.

Kent-45
29th Nov 2009, 14:35
I wish someone would record a montage of Lynch's flashbacks... I don't have the game installed anymore so I can't go back. I saw *some* of Lynch's stuff in co-op, specifically the children singing but I realize I've missed a lot of it.

by the way, if you want to hear a lot of the "comments" they Kane & Lynch exchange... just stand in a spot with no enemies for long enough. For example, in Yoko's office... Lynch will begin going through all his "comments" and it's quite easy to hear because you're in a safe spot.

These interactions seem to be timed and not location based (for example when you cross a specific checkpoint) although that's not to say all the interactions in the game are not this way. There are some conversations, mainly big elements to the story, which only take place when you cross a certain point. (for example the rooftop where you face the helicopter in Cuba)

One of Seven
29th Nov 2009, 15:10
Hey Falkenwut try the level where Kane's wife is killed. I'm going to check it out myself here in a bit. And Kent thanks for pointing that out, I'm going to try to do the timed comments too.

Falkenwut
29th Nov 2009, 15:13
I wish someone would record a montage of Lynch's flashbacks... I don't have the game installed anymore so I can't go back. I saw *some* of Lynch's stuff in co-op, specifically the children singing but I realize I've missed a lot of it.

by the way, if you want to hear a lot of the "comments" they Kane & Lynch exchange... just stand in a spot with no enemies for long enough. For example, in Yoko's office... Lynch will begin going through all his "comments" and it's quite easy to hear because you're in a safe spot.

These interactions seem to be timed and not location based (for example when you cross a specific checkpoint) although that's not to say all the interactions in the game are not this way. There are some conversations, mainly big elements to the story, which only take place when you cross a certain point. (for example the rooftop where you face the helicopter in Cuba)

Yeah I know most of them though.

in the heist mission:
- Lynch and the vaultbreaker talk about knowing eachother (briefly)
- Later Lynch complains about the gas mask

in the Mizuki Club:
- Lynch mumbles on his own and offends Kane
- After picking up yoko on the way out, Lynch continues mumbling and offending Kane
(Offending as in saying that he's a self-centered piece of **** mainly.. Dunno the full details)

in the Prison:
- Rific explains that Shelly "found God"
- Shelly keeps mentioning Lynch's murder (it's a sort of discussion among the whole group)

at Retomoto:
- Lynch asks what Kane did to Retomoto, Kane points out it's none of his business

That's what I know... which is pretty much most of them

GrievousOdyssey
29th Nov 2009, 15:54
No no NO ...

For **** sake i can't even leave you guys alone for five days ! ...
Spammers to my right ...
Complainers to my left ...
And a whole lot of other repetitive opinions in just about every damn topic ...

And to say i planned to leave this forum until the game is released , what the **** , you can't even survive for five days , you'll all be mindless zombies in five months ... sigh ...

Guess i have to stay then ...

Anywya ...

What's this topic about now ? ...
*reads topic*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ...

Alright first off , Falkenwut gets the temporary title of "second greatest man on earth" for playing Dead Men on co-op all by himself (the greatest is me , naturally) ...
However , may i ask you ...
Are you doing this on purpose ? ...
I'm talking about the audio flashbacks ...
Are you purposely omitting the 'awkwardness' of the audio flashbacks ? ...

Or you still don't understand why it is that i wouldn't even dare to quote even one of them after all this time in the forums ? ...

Kent-45
29th Nov 2009, 15:59
The Mizuki level has a few more:

Lynch says something like "Kidnapping women now? you're one cold piece of ****"

and then goes on later to say "Yeah just walk right out of here you ******* idiot, you're gonna get us all killed."

GrievousOdyssey
29th Nov 2009, 16:28
You forgot that at one point Kane eventually says "What was that ?" to Lynch ...

Other moments you guys seem to forget :

Withdrawal...
Vaultbreaker saying he isn't as good at a shot anymore...

Breakout...
Lynch yelling at Kane "Half of them executed ? (Grimley and Madsen) What the **** went Wrong ?" with Kane replying "My list is three years old"...

Rific asking Kane "So you finally killed that **** of a little brother ?"...

Rific saying to Lynch "You look familiar" with the latter replying "I never seen you before ,Rific then says "Really ?... Maybe not" while chuckling...

Rific says to Tharpa "The one-eye ****er got expelled" and "We're picking Shelly too !" ,Tharpa replies "We Are ?" in a surprise tone...

None in Reto-moto tower ,tokyo streets...

In Havana Kane often reassures his men by promissing them a richness beyond need...

In Birds Eye View's beginning :
Lynch asking to kill Carlos ,again...
Kane asking if the 'potion' works , Lynch says it "makes me care less" ...

One of Seven
29th Nov 2009, 16:53
Okay I just listened to all of Lynch's flashbacks on "Reunion". Most of them were Lynch talking to the 7, however, I heard Lynch in a flashback sequence with a morphed voice tell Kane "If I don't call back with good news, they'll start with your wife." I very well could of mistaken that for what I thought was said. I'm still going to look though.

DrDoom
29th Nov 2009, 17:09
Either way I truly do not think that this game is based off somebody framing Lynch for his wife's murder. Seems a done deal to me that he did it.

GrievousOdyssey
29th Nov 2009, 17:10
All of Lynch's audio flashbacks can be heard in the first level or first two levels , it is put out randomly so you have to play a level a couple of times before you can hear them all (everytime it puts four out of the twelve audio tracks) ...

The ONLY audio flashback that isn't available right from the beginning is the one where Lynch explains to Kane how he doesn't "remember anything from that night" in the Breakout chapter ...

Either way I truly do not think that this game is based off somebody framing Lynch for his wife's murder. Seems a done deal to me that he did it.

Exactly , the existence of this topic alone is needed of an explanation ...

One of Seven
29th Nov 2009, 17:11
Well like I said earlier, he wouldn't have been framed. Wrong place, wrong time, evidence was against him.

Kent-45
29th Nov 2009, 17:29
Both Kane & Lynch are cold hearted killers... but when it comes to their wives... they seem to care about them very deeply. I think it's this concept that Kane & Lynch are almost a chaotically destructive force...everything they touch and interact with seems to be destroyed in some way or another by their actions.. (despite their intentions, it would seem)...

Kane's "old friend" the vaultbreaker ends up dying. All the mercs that stay with Kane die... with the exception of Tharpa. I think there's a definite theme here. These two can't help but destroy everything around them, despite their intentions.

and even as they destroy all these things around them, the ironic part is that they actually seem to be immune to it all. Kane & Lynch make it out of Cuba unscathed pretty much (Lynch gets shot on the boat, but I assume he was wearing kevlar in that it only seems to knock him down)

again... I'm probably looking too much into it... but it always struck me as interesting

One of Seven
29th Nov 2009, 17:33
"Both Kane & Lynch are cold hearted killers... but when it comes to their wives... they seem to care about them very deeply. I think it's this concept that Kane & Lynch are almost a chaotically destructive force...everything they touch and interact with seems to be destroyed in some way or another by their actions.. (despite their intentions, it would seem)..."

Yeah basically, that's one of the reasons as to why I'm interested in this game, they've kinda destroyed everything they've loved one way or another, what's left? Only IOI and Eidos know.

GrievousOdyssey
29th Nov 2009, 17:36
Don't lament too much , Kent ...
Dog Days will disappoint you even more if you're expecting a better quality of storytelling than Dead Men ...

DrDoom
29th Nov 2009, 17:37
I liked the storytelling in Dead Men. In fact it was the best thing about the game.

Kent-45
29th Nov 2009, 17:40
I might be going out on a limb here... but me personally? I'm not playing Kane & Lynch 2 for the Shakespearean prose... I'm playing to watch Lynch break some faces with a bowling ball... if that makes me a bad person than so be it. At least I'm honest :D

GrievousOdyssey
29th Nov 2009, 17:47
We're fans of Kane & Lynch , which means 'honesty' is literally already written on our faces ...

Kent-45
29th Nov 2009, 17:49
Although if it were a choice between Lynch breaking some faces with a bowling ball, or Kane "paying his debts" with a push dagger... I'm going with Kane every time, hands down.