PDA

View Full Version : I would like to play through the storyline OFFLINE as Kane! (Please read IOI)

Vulture
24th Nov 2009, 22:40
Edit: I just want to learn that will i be able to play as Kane at offline sp while 1 person is playing (lynch will be AI) no co-op)
please IOI i just want to learn this

I cannot imagine myself playing as Lynch through the storyline (offline) because i love Kane,sure Lynch is a great character but he always felt like a sidekick for me.
I understand that IOI wanted to make a change and im not complaining about lynch being the main character, i just want them to add the option to choose Kane as the character to play the offline singleplayer.

I hope my dearest game dev IOI will read this and understand my concern.

Bevacur
24th Nov 2009, 22:45
I cannot imagine myself playing as Lynch through the storyline (offline) because i love Kane,sure Lynch is a great character but he always felt like a sidekick for me.
I understand that IOI wanted to make a change and im not complaining about lynch being the main character, i just want them to add the option to choose Kane as the character to play the offline singleplayer.

Finally! someone who actually dislikes the idea playing as Lynch!

Im with you all the way, i enjoyed playing as Kane in the first game and i feel he is the main main character. I also agree on the part about Lynch as a sidekick.

DrDoom
24th Nov 2009, 22:54
I'm with you as well, Kane was always my favorite of the two, and I truly can't see Kane playing second fiddle to Lynch as in character. Until we get more info though I'm not gonna complain.

Bevacur
24th Nov 2009, 22:59
I'm with you as well, Kane was always my favorite of the two, and I truly can't see Kane playing second fiddle to Lynch as in character. Until we get more info though I'm not gonna complain.

I dont think its even confirmed we are playing as Lynch so yeh i agree about waiting untill we get info.

Falkenwut
24th Nov 2009, 23:02
I won't mind playing as Lynch, not one bit. It feels wierd i admit, but you kinda have to imagine it from a different perspective i guess. If you play Kane and Lynch 1 in Co-op they're fairly the same - gameplay wise. Just a different attitude I guess.

Vulture
24th Nov 2009, 23:15
I dont think its even confirmed we are playing as Lynch so yeh i agree about waiting untill we get info.

well, kotaku's tipster said that lynch was the main character,and the story.. ''lynch founds peace in shangai'' and also the artwork from the magazines shows that he is the main man :(

Bevacur
25th Nov 2009, 00:31
well, kotaku's tipster said that lynch was the main character,and the story.. ''lynch founds peace in shangai'' and also the artwork from the magazines shows that he is the main man :(

Dont think negative!!

For all we know Kotaku only played Lynchs mission in the game, maybe and hopefully we play as Kane aswell like they swap over every now and then just like Modern Warfare 2 there was 2 main playable Characters they just kept swapping over time showing their view of the story.

Im wishing we have a choice on who we can play, just like Call of Juarez 2 you can choose out of the two brothers.

Arsh
25th Nov 2009, 01:32
I like both characters, but I do hope we can have the choice as to play as one or the other.

Kent-45
25th Nov 2009, 01:39
/signed

I would like to play as Kane in offline single player.

DrDoom
25th Nov 2009, 01:41
You know what as long as Kane plays a big role in the actual story I'd be fine with playing as Lynch. I just don't want Kane to feel like a sidekick. Doesn't seem like the type of character he is.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R
25th Nov 2009, 02:38
hey for all we know IOI might pull a metal gear solid 2 on us and have us play Lynch for half the game and Kane for the other half. Nothing is set in stone yet.

Kent-45
25th Nov 2009, 19:57
Regardless of what character you play as...it's clear that Lynch is the main focus of Kane & Lynch 2.

I don't know how they'll work it out, but I'm not liking the way this sounds. I really wish IOInteractive would comment on this.

Bevacur
25th Nov 2009, 20:30
Regardless of what character you play as...it's clear that Lynch is the main focus of Kane & Lynch 2.

I don't know how they'll work it out, but I'm not liking the way this sounds. I really wish IOInteractive would comment on this.

This.

Falkenwut
25th Nov 2009, 20:44

Despite the fact i'm all in favour of Lynch being the main focus of Kane and Lynch 2, I would still like to see what IOI has to say about it.

Bevacur
25th Nov 2009, 23:02
This game is called KANE and Lynch. If we are playing as Lynch in the sequal wouldnt this game be called Lynch and Kane 2 Dog Days?
Have the devs forgot what the game is called?

Kane was the main character and proof is in the title Kane's name is first not Lynch's

I am highly annoyed now i disagree with the changing characters and i hope we wil get answers.

Bevacur
25th Nov 2009, 23:07
I have just read a article where IO have looked through every criticism they recieved and now they threw everything away. There was no criticism about Kane as the main character (not that as i know off).

Like the title says, the game is called KANE and Lynch notice the empathy on the KANE.

Kane was the main character out of the duo, it was Kane's story and now its changed to Lynch? i dont remember the game being called Lynch and Kane Dead Men or Lynch and Kane 2 Dog Days.

Im sorry but i highly disagree with the change of characters i am sure there are plenty who will agree with me. Please devs please read this!!!

UhUh
26th Nov 2009, 00:01
Io devs: allright, let's call it Lynch&Kane then.

I respect your opinion, but don't forget that it's their game, their story :)
Both characters are really good for me, and I like a different angle in the story.

Kent-45
26th Nov 2009, 04:02
I don't mind playing as Lynch... I just want a CHOICE.

CHOICES are what we want. The ability to choose who to play as.

DrDoom
26th Nov 2009, 04:41
Just so Kane has a big role in the story and isn't shoved into the secondary character role, I'm cool with it.

Mercenary of The7
26th Nov 2009, 05:45
Seriously, chill the funk out! Just wait until we know more about the game.

dotProduct
26th Nov 2009, 12:43
As a huge fan of the first game I always found Kane the far more interesting character in terms of his motivations and depth and am also somewhat concerned about this change.

I read the recent article in the UK Official Playstation Magazine and think the game still sounds excellent although I'm a little concerned about the emphasis the article and dev.s had on how this is so different to the first game. I trust it will still come out well of course but let's not forget the original sold well over 1 million copies. There were plenty of people, myself and my friends included, who adored the game and while it's a shame that this wasn't reflected in the review scores it's important to remember that reviewers aren't always representative of the widespread opinion.

I've also seen a number of well respected reviewers make factually incorrect statements due to time deadlines. In the case of K&L many reviewers criticised a "broken" cover system. It was only broken if you played it expecting it to work the same as GRAW. If you understood that movement detached you from edges it wasn't a problem, while perhaps a little more awkward it was a far cry from broken.

Falkenwut
26th Nov 2009, 13:15
Hey guys, I would like to point this video out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCmJsPH-d0k
The media ***** viral trailer from the first game...

If you hear well.. I guess this hints out why they chose Lynch as a main character and not Kane...
Your thoughts?

Kent-45
26th Nov 2009, 13:35
"Maybe they'll call the sequel Lynch & Kane.... big mistake... but maybe"

Kane 1: Lynch: 0

TheMoD
26th Nov 2009, 13:37

Yeah I think they should add the option for ppl to do that after their first playthrough

One of Seven
26th Nov 2009, 13:46
That really is the only thing I want the game to have, the ability to choose who you want to play as. I love both characters, and I have nobody to play the offline co-op mode with on the first Kane and Lynch, so I really can't get any of Lynch's achievements. By allowing you to switch it would definitely add replay value (I've beaten the first game as it is like 10 times), you could experience the story from both angles, and it would just be awesome to have another character.

Falkenwut
26th Nov 2009, 15:57
I hope the devs are reading this, or at least will comment more info about it. Or at least CONFIRM that their next leak of information will either explain or show something from the game reguarding the Characters.. For all we know playing as Lynch may be twice the fun then playing with kane... I could be wrong..

Just pointing out - hope the devs are reading this Thread in particular

Acid_Burn
26th Nov 2009, 16:40
OPM and XWM should clear all rumours abot charachters. I'll ask Keir about when i can tell it.
And be sure, guys fro IOI are reading the forum. :)

Little update:
Lynch will be main playable character. It's official now.
What about Kane? - It's not the time to release any info on him. Just wait a litle more.

Vulture
26th Nov 2009, 17:56
we started like this... which was awesome enough to deserve to be on my wall :d
http://ui02.gamespot.com/289/kaneandlynchdeadmen780112801024_2.jpg

but now..

http://i48.tinypic.com/5nvk2h.jpg

Falkenwut
26th Nov 2009, 18:01
Thanks for clearing that up Acid Burn!
Hope the announcement comes soon regarding Kane! Before more unnecessary banter continues.

Mercenary of The7
26th Nov 2009, 18:04
I see. I can't say I don't feel rather dissapointed. I overall thought Kane was a more awesome character. But I still got my Dead Men, and no one can take that away from me. :)

Acid_Burn
26th Nov 2009, 18:14
We all know Kane's history, his charachter, habbits, etc. But we know a little about Lynch. KL2 will clear that up.

Bevacur
26th Nov 2009, 18:42
OPM and XWM should clear all rumours abot charachters. I'll ask Keir about when i can tell it.
And be sure, guys fro IOI are reading the forum. :)

Little update:
Lynch will be main playable character. It's official now.
What about Kane? - It's not the time to release any info on him. Just wait a litle more.

Im upset about the news but im also excited to hear about Lynch's past.
Guess when Dog Days does come out ill make my cousin 1 player and i will be 2 player.

Falkenwut
26th Nov 2009, 18:46
Im upset about the news but im also excited to hear about Lynch's past.
Guess when Dog Days does come out ill make my cousin 1 player and i will be 2 player.

That's what I did with my gf. She originally liked the concept of a psycho... and I managed to make offline co-op.. was lots of fun xD.

Acid_Burn
26th Nov 2009, 18:54
but im also excited to hear about Lynch's past.
Maybe not past, but IO give us chance to know him better in present. Maybe there will be some flashbacks, who knows?

Bevacur
26th Nov 2009, 18:54
That's what I did with my gf. She originally liked the concept of a psycho... and I managed to make offline co-op.. was lots of fun xD.

Despite negative criticism of the first game i actually enjoyed it playing by myself and playing with my cousin. I wished my gf liked games like these but she is brainwashed by the wii and loves playing Boom Blox Bash Party which is a pretty fun party game i have to admit.

Falkenwut
26th Nov 2009, 19:46
Despite negative criticism of the first game i actually enjoyed it playing by myself and playing with my cousin. I wished my gf liked games like these but she is brainwashed by the wii and loves playing Boom Blox Bash Party which is a pretty fun party game i have to admit.

If you're on PC you MAY convince her if you get a blue-tooth reciever, and a WIImote :lol:

Kent-45
29th Nov 2009, 14:54
I'm playing with my best friend Ryan. He's got my back and I've got his. I don't trust an AI to keep me covered... I trust my friend.

The secret to this game is using tight, controlled bursts... not spray and pray (only shoot at something if you know you can hit it) and knowing when to draw your sidearm. The pistol in this game has saved my ass a number of times.

problem is it's a bit slow, so you gotta make your shots count.... aim high

Vulture
12th Dec 2009, 14:54
please IOI answer this question positively and relieve us.

GrievousOdyssey
12th Dec 2009, 15:04
I'm sure they'll answer us when the time is right ...

You should ask your question in the Q & A topic if you haven't done it already ...

cheesewiz
12th Dec 2009, 21:59
i dont think there should be an option to play as kane n single player cuz i never got to play as lynch in dead men

ohitspatty
12th Dec 2009, 22:22
Yes! We'll get to play as demented English Lord of the Manor!

GrievousOdyssey
12th Dec 2009, 22:32
Oh i can see it already ...
Just before starting the game they'll leave us the option to choose between the "violent mother****er" and "english lord of the manor" version ...

That doubles the game's replayability ...

AWESOME ! ...

ohitspatty
13th Dec 2009, 09:11
lmao as long as the line "Unhand me you ruffian ****!" is in than I'm sold!

Mercenary of The7
13th Dec 2009, 22:36
AND! Wearing a tophat and a monocle.

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/20852/original/Orly_verbose.jpg?1254035930

Vulture
15th Dec 2009, 22:39
please guys lets do not go of topic.
as i stated million times before if IOI doesnt write a 5 min code to control kane at sp offline (not co op) it will be a major let down for me

GrievousOdyssey
15th Dec 2009, 22:48
Ok ...

One of Seven
15th Dec 2009, 22:56
The only thing I want is the ability to be able to play as both Kane and Lynch, that's it. They could have him as some sort of unlockable character once you've beaten the main game with Lynch.

Vulture
15th Dec 2009, 23:44
The only thing I want is the ability to be able to play as both Kane and Lynch, that's it. They could have him as some sort of unlockable character once you've beaten the main game with Lynch.

im afraid as hell as this could happen:hmm:

Kman172
18th Dec 2009, 04:14
They could have him as some sort of unlockable character once you've beaten the main game with Lynch.

I second that notion.

ohitspatty
18th Dec 2009, 04:24
Anyone played Resident Evil 5? That's exactly what Capcom did. It was an awesome move and I'm sure a feature to play as Kane would be available. If not, still that game is meant to be played with a partner!

Kent-45
18th Dec 2009, 05:26
I'm going to be playing through the entire game in online co-op with a friend, so I'm not worried. My friend doesn't even want to play as Kane, so I'm happy.

ohitspatty
18th Dec 2009, 05:33
Nice. I had a blast playing with my cousin. We did it twice. First I was Lynch than Kane...maybe that's why I liked playing as Lynch as much. I love my boomstick (shotty) lol

Midgus
18th Dec 2009, 07:44

I agree because kane is my favorite of the two so aslong as i can play as him somehow i dont mind too much

Vulture
15th Jan 2010, 21:55
i had to bump since things started to be told:(

And you can play as both Kane & Lynch, right?

In co-op, of course, but if you play the single-player campaign you only play as Lynch.

FreedomPhantom
16th Jan 2010, 06:24
i agree atleast give us a choice on playing each one i like lynch too but i dont want to play as him

i really want to play as Kane hes more of the leader

Nick@IO
16th Jan 2010, 10:31
Dog Days is the story of Lynch and as such, I'm afraid that you're not going to be able to play through the campaign in single player as Kane, though obviously you will be able to do so in coop. The first game featured Kane, this time the dev team is focusing on Lynch.

It doesn't change the fact that the game will be awesome, though, so no worries, please :)

sigrun
16th Jan 2010, 19:02
Not really sure why people are getting annoyed with this...

If we had to play as a pink pony, then I'd understand. But Kane and Lynch are both characters in the game, does it really matter which you play as? It doesn't really change anything.

Kent-45
16th Jan 2010, 19:15
I would love an expansion pack that let you play as a pink pony....

ohitspatty
16th Jan 2010, 21:34
Not really sure why people are getting annoyed with this...

If we had to play as a pink pony, then I'd understand. But Kane and Lynch are both characters in the game, does it really matter which you play as? It doesn't really change anything.

You sir, obviously didn't play Dead Men as Lynch. Because if you did, you could easily say that it did change the game. And overall, everyone has a right to like Kane more than Lynch, therefore they have a desire to play as Kane rather than Lynch. Also, maybe not in Dog Days but in Dead Men there was two moments where Kane and Lynch went their separate directions. I really, really hope that the makers will include something like that in Dog Days.

Did you play Resident Evil 5, by any chance? Once you complete the game you can choose to play as Sheva on your next game-through. I think that would have been a great addition to Dog Days. First game play, you play as Lynch than you can unlock Kane...that would have been a smart move.

You might ask, why bother when you can play as both online. Even when majority does have their consoles hooked up to internet, you shouldn't forget about the minority. I really liked what Capcom did with Resident Evil 5.

sigrun
17th Jan 2010, 00:48
What exactly was the difference? People here seem to be upset simply because they aren't Kane. Is there some big element which made Lynch unpleasant to play as?

Bevacur
17th Jan 2010, 00:51
What exactly was the difference? People here seem to be upset simply because they aren't Kane. Is there some big element which made Lynch unpleasant to play as?

I just preferred Kane really. Yeah Lynch is an interesting character sure but i just like Kane more, i dont know why but he just grew on me.

ohitspatty
17th Jan 2010, 01:38

Um, the hallucinations in the bank scene or outside on street in Japan, also the creepy flashbacks when you're out but not dead awaiting the adrenaline shot.

Overall, for me it brought a different meaning to game when I played it again as Kane (my first play-through was as Lynch).

And if you're wondering why they are so upset? Simply they found Kane to be much more interesting and round character. To me it makes no difference but I don't like the fact that the creators didn't give us the option to choose in the single player.

Drhuxtable
17th Jan 2010, 04:53
What's the problem in all honesty Kane was cool but he was to common. I've thousands of reluctant anti hero's out to save their family. But Lynch is a rabid dog off his leash with a shotty. :thumb:sounds like a hell of a person to center anything around!!!

TheLacer402
18th Jan 2010, 05:47
Majority of ppl just played the game through as Kane and lets be honest, Kane is a bit of a badass. Lynch is just a mad dog. I know a lot of ppl want to be Kane but the title is "Kane AND Lynch" not just "Kane". So a story in this direction with Lynch will be interesting. Im glad the developers took it in a different direction. Makes sense to me to change it up for the sequel. If you must know I will be playing as Kane and my cousin will resume his role as Lynch and we are both equally excited to see where Dog Days takes us.

Bevacur
18th Jan 2010, 12:42
They should do what Avatar the Game did. You can choose to play as the R.D.A or the Navi. Still same story but its told from the point of that specific faction.

Kent-45
18th Jan 2010, 16:08
Just about every interview says Lynch is the primary playable character. The game is about Lynch this time. I think Kane fans will just have to deal with it.

Bevacur
18th Jan 2010, 18:19
Just about every interview says Lynch is the primary playable character. The game is about Lynch this time. I think Kane fans will just have to deal with it.

Unless you do Co op online or offline.

Kent-45
18th Jan 2010, 18:34
well yeah.. If you (like me) plan on playing a majority if not all of this game via Online co-op with your friend then it's a non-issue.

I think in a lot of ways Kane's story needs to take a break. Kane is at a point in his life where he's apparently trying to get out of the whole "crime" thing whereas Lynch is gung-ho trying to make it big.

TheLacer402
18th Jan 2010, 18:58
well yeah.. If you (like me) plan on playing a majority if not all of this game via Online co-op with your friend then it's a non-issue.

I think in a lot of ways Kane's story needs to take a break. Kane is at a point in his life where he's apparently trying to get out of the whole "crime" thing whereas Lynch is gung-ho trying to make it big.

I very much doubt that Kane is trying to get out of the whole "crime" thing lol. He still needs to make money so he does what he has to. I think at some point Karsten said that Kane still has a big role to play. Other than just being a helping hand

Bevacur
18th Jan 2010, 20:34
I dont think Kane actually care's what he does in his life now, no matter how bad and violent the work is, Kane will do it just for the money which he will give to his daughter so she has a better life than he has.

Even is the work will kill him he is determined to give Jenny a better life. And maybe hope she will forgive him.

Bawabus
18th Jan 2010, 20:36
I'm just going to throw this out there: I have no problem playing as Lynch. I already know Kane's character and would like to know more about his psychotic partner.

Sig 551
18th Jan 2010, 23:21
Frankly I'm just looking forward to playing through another K&L saga. Both the one-eyed traitor and the psychotic longhair are still amongst the most interesting videogame characters around. Think of all those generic 'hero' types (yawn) we normally have as avatars.

AfgRoyalty
21st Jan 2010, 00:52
I was reading on Wikipedia that it would be lynch to be the main character to play in the second game. Hopefully whoever wrote that was lying or got some bad information because i don't wanna play as lynch i wanna be Kane. Lynch is a good side player and for him to now be the main one would just suck. Iv'e grown to attached to Kane and for them to bring in lynch would ruin everything. Like L4d2 when they brought a new setting and new characters i just hated the game so much. Any thoughts on this lynch thing if you agree with me or not?

P.S. Lynch is the wall ---> :mad2:

Bevacur
21st Jan 2010, 01:00
Unfortunatly Lynch is the main character, but you can always do co-op with a friend or join a online game and play as Kane.

I like Lynch, he was interesting yeah but i kinda grew on Kane. Dont why but i feel he is a badass and much more cooler than Lynch.

AfgRoyalty
21st Jan 2010, 01:05
Do you know that for sure, did Eidos release an announcement?
Maybe their is still hope!

TheMoD
21st Jan 2010, 01:10
Yeah its official, lynch is the main character

joe the janitor
21st Jan 2010, 02:03
Umm, why would it ruin everything? I think you may be overreacting. The last game was Kanes story, and this one is Lynchs story. I'm looking forward to be playing as him because I don't know much about him. I already know Kanes back story, family, past criminal jobs, etc. I know almost none of Lynchs. Give him a chance, he may grow on you.

Kent-45
21st Jan 2010, 02:44
Yeah a lot of Kane fans are upset about this, but I think in the end the game will be just as unique and quirky as Lynch's personality.

petersjov
21st Jan 2010, 12:08
:) yeeeeah i liked the first game, but the whole kane VS lynch is ...weird - the first story delivered by both character, and i think i like Lynch just as much as i like kane - then again im a little :mad2:

--sometimes life just get f-upped - and i do belive most people can relate to both Kane & lynch.

:rasp:

AfgRoyalty
21st Jan 2010, 18:41
Umm, why would it ruin everything? I think you may be overreacting. The last game was Kanes story, and this one is Lynchs story. I'm looking forward to be playing as him because I don't know much about him. I already know Kanes back story, family, past criminal jobs, etc. I know almost none of Lynchs. Give him a chance, he may grow on you.

Im not overreacting i just think it'll be a little bit weird. Now instead of lynch being the sidekick it will be So lynch is the new leader, the new boss, the guy who tell kane where to take cover and how to shoot, and what to do? It'll be a little weird. dont u think? :scratch:

dark_angel_7
21st Jan 2010, 18:44
I think their personalities are still the same and since Lynch is more of an improviser and Kane is more of a planner I still expect to see Kane calling most of the shots.

AfgRoyalty
21st Jan 2010, 18:52
I keep using this as an example but has anyone ever played L4D and L4D 2? If so didn't you play l4d one so much when it came out you had gotten so attached to the players? So when l4d2 came out and you were playing it, their were all new people and looked different and it just felt weird. Where as Gears of war 2 was better then the first one and it kept the same players. Kane and lynch 2 have the same players but it'll be switching up who you play as. Maybe if they add a character choosing option it'll be better.

UhUh
21st Jan 2010, 19:13
No.
Just no.

ps: you may want to google that quote.

AfgRoyalty
21st Jan 2010, 19:24
No.
Just no.

ps: you may want to google that quote.

i like saying its from modern warfare 2 though.

TheMoD
21st Jan 2010, 20:02
Im not overreacting i just think it'll be a little bit weird. Now instead of lynch being the sidekick it will be So lynch is the new leader, the new boss, the guy who tell kane where to take cover and how to shoot, and what to do? It'll be a little weird. dont u think? :scratch:

Lynch won't be telling kane to do anything, they got rid of the squad mechanics, read some previews

Bevacur
21st Jan 2010, 21:40
Lynch won't be telling kane to do anything, they got rid of the squad mechanics, read some previews

And what about in the story? Will Kane tell Lynch to go over the bridge and fix the car or will it be the opposite with Lynch telling Kane to go over the bridge and fix the car?

Thats if you get what i mean? Like in Dead Men Kane told Lynch to go into the lobby and secure the hostages. Kane being the leader and telling Lynch what to do. To me Kane seems the type of guy who is a leader and Lynch a follower.

TheMoD
21st Jan 2010, 22:27
Well I'm sure they'll stay true to their characters, who knows maybe Lynch actually gets ordered around... could be interesting to hear lynchs angry muttering more clearly ^^. Actually now that I think about it I think Lynch won't be taking orders from Kane anymore. Judging by the trailer, him having a girlfriend and all, it seems like he might have gained alot of self-confidence over the time...

AfgRoyalty
21st Jan 2010, 23:02
And what about in the story? Will Kane tell Lynch to go over the bridge and fix the car or will it be the opposite with Lynch telling Kane to go over the bridge and fix the car?

Thats if you get what i mean? Like in Dead Men Kane told Lynch to go into the lobby and secure the hostages. Kane being the leader and telling Lynch what to do. To me Kane seems the type of guy who is a leader and Lynch a follower.

Yes this is what i ment by taking orders

joe the janitor
22nd Jan 2010, 00:09

How do you know kane is not the boss (team leader)? The games isn't even out yet.

AfgRoyalty
22nd Jan 2010, 00:39
Finally! someone who actually dislikes the idea playing as Lynch!

Im with you all the way, i enjoyed playing as Kane in the first game and i feel he is the main main character. I also agree on the part about Lynch as a sidekick.

Thank you any one who doesn't wanna play as lynch is a friend of mine. Even though we dont know much about lynch we know enough that he killed his wife. Didnt get to join the seven, and is crazy but that doesn't provide much story, maybe just a whole lotta cut scenes.

TheLacer402
22nd Jan 2010, 00:40
Its just the two of them! Who cares if there is a leader. It doesnt matter. Its like Batman and Robin....Robin can think on his own lol. The only reason Kane gave orders is cuz they had a PLAN. I dont think there will be much of a plan in this other than to survive but I may be wrong.

petersjov
22nd Jan 2010, 09:14
well, watching the trailer where lynch is thinking about kane coming in to morrow, i got so excited that i thought i would start playing kane&lynch deadmen again;-)

Anyway....in the trailer, Lynch is goint to the bathroom, looking at his old Pill-glass very thoughtfull....who knows if he still take them, im almost sure its the same half/golden pill-glass he uses in the first one.

We dont even know what else kane & lynch has been through together since the first game, but going throug **** together with a common enemy offen results in friendship, and a lasting friendship if i might add.

so i think they will have issues, but they will be on an eye to eye level with each other and not ordering each other around.

-----------------------

Edit: Fun! that you cant write **** in a Kane & lynch post, :) like when **** hits the fan...

petersjov
22nd Jan 2010, 09:26
Arhhhhh !!

I get it now !! where the trouble with playing Kane vs Lynch is....

So im Lynch hiding behind cover......yeaaaah then its kind of weird if i order kane to go and take cover/defend/target somewhere, because he should know !!
Im sure they thought of that story wise....., and playing Lynch will be Te Greatness. ;-)
I like Lynch.

TheMoD
22nd Jan 2010, 20:18
yea it's gonna be great.. oh and btw there aren't any squad mechanics in K&L2!!!! ^^

AfgRoyalty
22nd Jan 2010, 22:39
maybe they'll make is so that if you play as kane the whole story mode is about kane and if you play as lynch the whole story is about lynch. Each person gets their own story, that would be epic.

I am kane
22nd Jan 2010, 23:28
Dog Days is the story of Lynch and as such, I'm afraid that you're not going to be able to play through the campaign in single player as Kane, though obviously you will be able to do so in coop. The first game featured Kane, this time the dev team is focusing on Lynch.

It doesn't change the fact that the game will be awesome, though, so no worries, please :)I dont think any 1 is doubting this game will be good its just lynch is not really playble material i think kane is just more of a story driver in my opinion lynch is the guy who screws up the plans kane is the one who smooths them out lynch is a side charater not a story driver. also i think we learned enuff about lynch in the first game he most liley killed his wife he has a great anger problem. he doesnt handle rejection to well and so on kane was just so cool so bad ass and from time to time he had some pretty decnt motivations i would like to further learn more bout kane then lynch.

sigrun
23rd Jan 2010, 02:59
I dont think any 1 is doubting this game will be good its just lynch is not really playble material i think kane is just more of a story driver in my opinion lynch is the guy who screws up the plans kane is the one who smooths them out lynch is a side charater not a story driver. also i think we learned enuff about lynch in the first game he most liley killed his wife he has a great anger problem. he doesnt handle rejection to well and so on kane was just so cool so bad ass and from time to time he had some pretty decnt motivations i would like to further learn more bout kane then lynch.

Lynch may not seem like playable material in terms of "deadmen" but this game is focusing on him, so obviously he is.

You're right though, Kane felt like the leader, and Lynch the insane sidekick. But I think switching things up a very interesting path to take.

Bawabus
23rd Jan 2010, 09:06
I feel like this time around it'll probably be Lynch dragging Kane along, rather than either ordering the other around. It was said somewhere that Kane was kind of reluctant in helping out, so maybe he'll just be barely putting up with Lynch in a different sense than in the first game.

Falkenwut
23rd Jan 2010, 16:57
People are probably doubting Lynch's ability coz he was a "side-kick" in the first game.. He didn't have much of a personal agenda going on... Well.. now he's in Shanghai and got lots of stuff going on.. He'll defenatly have lots of stuff goin on.

Also the probability of finding Lynch as "incompetent" of leading... I kinda agree.. but that's what makes it interesting i guess. Don't forget: Squad tactics are not here anymore.. so... only a duo.. not need for one being the boss.. both fight side by side

TheLacer402
23rd Jan 2010, 21:12
They are togther as a team. No one is the "sidekick". Besides Kane is less interesting anyway. Hes just a cold hearted bastard who really doesnt care about much of ****. Lynch is actually a person who seems to have some feelings still in him. He knows he is messed up but at least he tries. So quit being a bunch of *****es and complaining you cant play offline or the game altogether as Kane. They wont change it cuz your complaining. If its that big of a problem play online with a friend. There ya go.

I am kane
24th Jan 2010, 16:54
WELL now ps3 gamers CANT PLAY AS KANE SINCE THERE WILL BE NO PSN NETWROKING FOR THE STORY MODE **** THAT STUPID ****!!!:mad2::(

Nick@IO
24th Jan 2010, 19:57
WELL now ps3 gamers CANT PLAY AS KANE SINCE THERE WILL BE NO PSN NETWROKING FOR THE STORY MODE **** THAT STUPID ****!!!:mad2::(

As far as I'm aware, that's totally wrong. You should be able to play the campaign in coop on all three platforms - online or offline.

Vulture
24th Jan 2010, 22:05
As far as I'm aware, that's totally wrong. You should be able to play the campaign in coop on all three platforms - online or offline.

nick can u update us with the latests news will IOI add the option to choose the character u want in offline one person playing. army of two:TFD is a good example for this u can select one of the two guys at offline co-op,or one person playing alone,or online coop

TheMoD
24th Jan 2010, 23:36
Actually I don't care but I also don't think it's too difficult to add the option to play as kane after you've finished the game once.

Falkenwut
25th Jan 2010, 00:23
Actually I don't care but I also don't think it's too difficult to add the option to play as kane after you've finished the game once.

Resident evil 5 did that.. too bad if they didn't add the feature.. I'll still managed to play it with kane either way xD...

Nick@IO
25th Jan 2010, 08:11
nick can u update us with the latests news will IOI add the option to choose the character u want in offline one person playing. army of two:TFD is a good example for this u can select one of the two guys at offline co-op,or one person playing alone,or online coop

To my knowledge, that's not currently part of the plan, no. You play Lynch this time around.